Thailand keeping track of foreigners – the TM30 reporting form

rooster59

Went to Jomtien; reported my change of address from one rented property (house) to another. No mention of any other forms.

I think Pattaya Immigration don't want another ton of waste paper delivered every week.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, pookiki said:

I hope that the Thai government realizes that the need to report a 'new' TM30 after domestic travel will discourage expats from taking trips in Thailand in order to avoid the constant annoyance of his/her landlord.  The requirement for a TM30 'should' be waived for all persons required to do 90 day reports.

surely will cause those that work from taking weekend trips, if they need work on mondays and cant get to immigration within 24 hours

IF any of these new regulations demand for being able to do it online, this is one

Even in phuket, where we can use the drive thru, you still need to go there between 9-4

Edited by phuketrichard

Went to Immigration to report I was back home after a two day trip. IO thanked me for complying with the rules. Took 10 seconds to update TM 30 on his computer. Three mouse clicks and done. This was in Buriram. I asked if it was necessary to come EVERY time I go out of the province over night and he responded in a most definite tone - Oh YES. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

We just spent the night at our friends' condo in Satahip. I asked them to do a TM 30 for me, knowing dam well what they would say.
They were really surprised and knew nothing about this and laughed it off.

Ok maybe it wasn't necessary as we arrived at the condo at 6 pm after spending the afternoon in Jomtien and have just left. Not 24 hours.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

very interesting, thanks for posting.  now if we could trust this is accurate nation wide would be more useful.

how then does this affect people using agents for extensions, where are they registered, home wise?

secondly, if i understood correctly, those on non o's multiple, would need a tm 30 every time they leave for their 90 day report? folks i talk with who have these don't do it.

@ThaiTiger and The NatioNation, 

Thanks for the simple info re: TM30.  

A scenario came into my mind. 

I am legally residing in Thailand, in a condo at View Talay 6 in Pattaya and I go to my Thai friend's home on Soi 53 on Friday night, party there, and sleep on the couch that night.  Next day Saturday I wake up, we continue the party, and I crash on the couch again that night.  On Sunday I return to my condo and sleep in it.  

According to the law, I must report to Immigration and file (or update) a TM30.  Ok, I acknowledge this fact. 

Realistically, how would Immigration know I had spent two nights sleeping at my friend's home?  It wouldn't.  Unless my friend narked on me.

Therefore, I seriously doubt one would need to take time to visit Immigration and do any TM30 paperwork, with respect to my scenario.  

Or am I missing something here as it relates to TM30 reporting??   

I've already acknowledged the legal aspects of TM30 reporting.   

I'm thinking of reality here, how would Immigration know I had spent two nights at my friend's home??

• Like 2