Brit expat behind bars for attacking Phuket dog

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, hansgruber said:

With him out the way, she can liquidate all the assets and disappear.

Is it possible that there are no assets for her? If she makes such a statement so full of hate, me wonders how the guy treats(ed) his wife. 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

what a laugh- 'animal cruelty' in a country where cock fighting is legal (and they DO use blades) where animals like pigs are kept in appalling conditions and where they are quite happy to let millions of soi dogs wander about in various states of decay, and where even the house dogs are banged up like prisoners rarely taken out. We all know why dogs have special status and it's not religion.

Okay cool, so they should just do nothing with a guy caught on camera beating a dog with a metal pole? 

I'm certainly not justifying or condoning the other examples you used, but the guy was caught doing it and rightly deserves to be punished

4 hours ago, Yinn said:

I think the police try to protection the wife. He is the crazy guy. Safety first.

“His wife (sic) begged me to have her husband deported, but that is up to Phuket Immigration,” he said.”

Black panther (thai) guy get more trouble than 500-1000 baht and the wai also. 

he will not, he got money and money talks in Thailand

1 hour ago, steelepulse said:

He deserves to be punished to the full extent of the law, but who knew that this particular crime is a no bail crime, while you can commit murder and get bail.  

It's not bashing the dog that's the big thing here.

He went onto someone's property with a weapon and the clear intent to use it. He did this at night to avoid detection. The prosecution will be saying if he walks free, who knows where else he's got a grudge that he'll settle with his iron bar.  Plus he's got previous for violence.

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I can't help but wonder what the cops would have done if it was a local who had beaten the dog? I can't help but suspect a 500-1,000 baht fine, a wai and on his way. There have after all been many animal cruelty stories here and I don't recall any getting this treatment, even though I have to say the fella absolutely deserves it.

"I can't help but wonder what the cops would have done if it was a local who had beaten the dog?"

How about wondering about this...there have been a number of animal cruelty cases that have been published, reported here and prosecuted.  So far this one hasn't been and the punishment, if it is prosecuted, may be no different.

7 hours ago, CLS said:

In civilized countries a trespassing results in a fine, surely no jail sentence.

TIT - what a retarded society

This is not about trespassing, how can you have missed the main gist of the OP to come up with your "retarded society" comment?  What has this got to do with "Thai society" for god's sake?

8 hours ago, KittenKong said:

The best bit of the story can be found in the full version:

“His wife (sic) begged me to have her husband deported, but that is up to Phuket Immigration,” he said."

Which, on the linked page, was a misprint and has now been edited:

“His wife (sic) begged me not* to have her husband deported, but that is up to Phuket Immigration,” he said.
Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/brit-expat-behind-bars-for-attacking-phuket-dog-72188.php#phSWpOcQOtkHy25G.99

9 hours ago, hansgruber said:

With him out the way, she can liquidate all the assets and disappear.

And hopefully remain safe. His behaviour is violent and she may well have been threatened or a victim 

I hope he's being held in a dog-free wing of the jail, otherwise we might have a repeat occurrence. :smile:

Look, the guy made a mistake and should be fined and seriously talked to, but this talk about jail time and deportation is crazy. I smell a shakedown. To my ears, the comments from the cops sounded like phony compassion for the dog, even though I admit something may have gotten lost in translation. :violin:

11 hours ago, CLS said:

In civilized countries a trespassing results in a fine, surely no jail sentence.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Trespassing + Animal cruelty.

A lot of people in Phuket expat community ID'd him minutes after a girl reported on FB he attacked a dog with machete. Many folk were also saying he attacked other people and their dogs previously.

12 hours ago, CLS said:

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

In my 'civilized' country violent car jackings result in community based orders.

12 hours ago, KittenKong said:

The best bit of the story can be found in the full version:

“His wife (sic) begged me to have her husband deported, but that is up to Phuket Immigration,” he said."

it has been 'corrected'  now has 'not' in it... ????

4 minutes ago, fxe1200 said:

Stupid, he could have get rid of the dog the Muslim way.

Yup, rat poision sold at the daily markets. It took them three times to kill our favorite soi dog. He never barked, never bit or threaten anyone. Didn't even care about food, just a pat on the head. We miss him.

12 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I can't help but wonder what the cops would have done if it was a local who had beaten the dog? I can't help but suspect a 500-1,000 baht fine, a wai and on his way. There have after all been many animal cruelty stories here and I don't recall any getting this treatment, even though I have to say the fella absolutely deserves it.

Maybe most mangy, flea invested soi dogs would put up with one flogging than scratch and suffer 24/7. (Provided it wasn't a life threatening blow which obviously the belting in question maybe was.) 

Forgive me for my ignorance , how does a 43 year old get to stay in Thailand as an expat ? Is it because he has a wife and can get a non immigrant visa?

if he gets the visa exemption 30 day I heard Thai immigration is limiting these 2-3 x visa exemptions per year anymore and you could be turned away ?

thanks

2 minutes ago, malcoml said:

Definitely no reason for animal cruelty.

But I can see the build up to this. Dog had likely been barking for days and perhaps even had a go at his kid.

wife says he overreacted

most likley just a crazy falang. dogs here are too lazy to bother with falangs, they do like hassling thai guys.

5 hours ago, Enoon said:

Which, on the linked page, was a misprint and has now been edited:

“His wife (sic) begged me not* to have her husband deported, but that is up to Phuket Immigration,” he said.

Shame, that's nowhere near as amusing.

Let sleeping dogs lie. If you go looking for trouble you usually find it. Remember it's not your country, your only a guest in Thailand so be very careful about how you act as deportation is very much on the cards, unless you have lots of cash of course. Not the smartest thing to do.

Archived