I'm DONE with these VISA policies!!! CEBU here I come!!

18 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

What? I mean didn't you get married? I let my wife do that, the kitchen is only there for her.

It's a fair deal, I make the money and she keeps the house clean, washes clothes, etc..

Squid shrimp and potatao salad.jpg

Is that a casserole?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

first came here as a tourist in '83. got married to a local girl in '88. divorced in '93 and been living here on and off since then. been here permanently since 2010 with two recent trips back to the states.

I hope that you'll enjoy their tasty chicken, especially the chicken a la' recycle. And for Filipina women, please be careful.

Don't make the same mistakes again. Best of luck!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Banana7 said:

That's ridiculous. Although it is house owner's responsibility according to law, Thai Immigration chooses to fine the renter/foreigner for no TM30. Thousands of foreigners who rent have paid the fine. Go read the posts on this website and get educated.

Its the House master, owner or "possesor". A long term rental on a property and you are the possesor, and just as responsible for TM30 and fines.

Edited by Peterw42

4 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

and been talking to a girl online for the last few months so got a place to stay ????

are you ready to meet all the (extended) family because they will all come for a share.... had an acquaintance/friend moved there last month, met a (so called) sweet girl on line arrived there and within a week get scammed with all extended family, his back in Germany to recuperate from the "surprise"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kellersphuket said:

expect a fine at your next extension then. time to cough up brother.

Nonsense. I've never done a TM30 and I travel away from home all the time, out of the country, too. I've never had a problem renewing my extension. Turn in the paperwork, come back the next day. No big deal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Another it seems who sadly cannot afford it here.

Good luck with that online Phils girl they are the biggest scammers in Asia make Thai girls look like saints..

Be careful everywhere.  Some countries, one can generalize by describing women as being better or worse, and everything is skewed based on so many different testimonials.  I say good luck, apply as much common sense as you have gathered. 

23472901_797351250436958_1032293244531449230_n.jpg.722cc32a317bd240ae94624b876c557c.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

Haha u too, no generally green I guess, but guns on hips of security in bars, folk living in horrible poverty, strong bar girl scene, flooded Manila all added up.Mind you I was 22 and solo.

My cousin told my Dad that his Dad (my uncle) died from being poisoned in PI. Who by I don't know I don't keep in touch with him.

Don't think I'll go there

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I can't blame you, Vietnam is another cheaper and easier place to acquire 1 year MEV.  Thai immigration is "consistently inconsistent".  As I have said before, Thailands immigration polices are more effective than China's and Trump's wall combined at keeping and kicking people out.  As soon as we get off the plane into BKK you are a fugitive. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

what???

having to report your presence to immigration everytime you return home from an overnight trip to another town is beyond ludicrous. enjoy it though yeah.

I have reported two times in five years, and that was only because I changed address

• Like 1

Just now, CharlieH said:

It aint rocket science, either 800k/400k (married), if that applies to you, its dead easy and straight forward ! 

I understand, however why are so many people angry, and experiencing so much difficulty and failure.  Your status is 'Global Moderator", surely you have as many or far more posts describing hellish visa experiences.  Or maybe you haven't.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

i'm leaving for good yall, i aint jumpin through no more hoops for those tyrants at immigration. they love watching us suffer every day. just got my 1 year visa for phils and been talking to a girl online for the last few months so got a place to stay ????

good luck everyone, times is gonna get tough here, hope you can ride the storm better than I can.

We're going to miss you.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, vogie said:

Surely the Philippines does have some advantages over Thailand, the main one being you are not required to have this 800,000 baht tied up in a bank, no 3 month reporting and only costing around $130 a year to renew your extension and the cost of living is much cheaper AFAIK.

Good luck to the op.

Edit: Also the Brits living there don't have their pension frozen.

On the other hand, it's the Philippines.

• Confused 1