Rain relief coming for 40 per cent of every region of country: Meteorological Department

Jonathan Fairfield

Rain relief coming for 40 per cent of every region of country: Meteorological Department

n4.jpg

The Meteorological Department on Monday predicted rain in 40 per cent of areas around the country in the next day amid the on-going drought.

In its forecast issued at 6am for the next 24 hours, the department said the rains would be unleashed because of the influence of the moderate southwest monsoon that prevails across the Andaman Sea and upper Thailand, as well as the low-pressure cell covering upper Vietnam.

For the North, most of the rain is expected to fall in Mae Hong Son, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phayao, Phrae, Nan, Phetchabun, Phitsanulok, Sukhothai, Kamphaeng Phet and Tak provinces. The forecast said some 40 per cent of the region would see rainfall.

The forecast added that about 40 per cent of the Bangkok region would also see rainfall.

The Northeast would experience rain in 40 per cent of its areas including Loei, Nong Bua Lamphu, Udon Thani, Khon Kaen, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Nakhon Ratchasima, Si Sa Ket, and Ubon Ratchathani.

The department said some 30 per cent of the central province area would have rain, with the highest falls in Ratchaburi, Nakhon Pathom, Kanchanaburi, Suphan Buri, Ayutthaya, Uthai Thani, Chai Nat and Nakhon Sawan provinces.

The eastern region would also experience rain over 40 per cent of its area, with the heaviest downpours in Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat.

The department said both sides of the southern coast would experience rain in 30 per cent of their territory, including Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Surat Thani, Ranong, Phang Nga and Phuket.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30373372

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-07-22

Had a little bit of rain here in Chiang Mai last night,too little

too late,we need a lot more water,if water shortages don't

occur in the coming months,its a bit overcast at the moment,

but this has happened before,looks like it could rain ,but not.

regards worgeordie

18 minutes ago, bradiston said:

How can you predict rain in a percentage of a province? Like, it's going to rain there and there but not there? A completely ludicrous statement. 40% of the eastern region? It never stops raining in Trad and Chantaburi!

That's right I'm in Yasothorn and we didn't even gat a mention(not uncommon) yet we got about 1 1/2 to 2 inches last night.It positively pissed down for 40 minutes then rained steadily until about 7 am and looks like it,s going to start again soon!

1 hour ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

the department said the rains would be unleashed because of the influence of the moderate southwest monsoon that prevails across the Andaman Sea and upper Thailand, as well as the low-pressure cell covering upper Vietnam.

How dare they!!!

Everybody knows that the arrival of rains is solely due to rain dances, the offerings of pig heads to the deities, and the stuffed toys that were paraded in cages around towns and villages. Ask people who participated and they will tell you! 

1 minute ago, Misterwhisper said:

Everybody knows that the arrival of rains is solely due to rain dances, the offerings of pig heads to the deities, and the stuffed toys that were paraded in cages around towns and villages.

Almost correct. What really brings on the rain is when I wash and wax the car. Guaranteed heavy rain and muddy roads within 24 hours. If I polish the tyres and cotten bud the front gril widespread road flooding follows.

14 minutes ago, Beggar said:

In respect of Pattaya I never ever saw a weather report that was at least somehow accurate. Does anybody know one? 

We have a microclimate that makes forecasts unreliable. It frequently rains nearby but not here.

I note that Chonburi is not included in the list of provinces given anyway.

2 hours ago, buanmeerugsaa said:

Ummm. What happened to the earlier widespread drought warning which was followed by severe flood warnings?

They should all try to look out the same window before making their ‘predictions’!

4 drops in Phrae city, although it did look promising for a while...wind and black clouds and leaves in the air! I'm glad I didn't bother to put the rain gauge out!

Had some decent rain for an hour last night near Pua in upper Nan province. First rain in ten days. Continue to be bemused by my weather app showing it raining in nearby Pua (5 kilometers away) when there is not a cloud in the sky nor anything showing on radar. Or waking in the morning to it showing 10+ mm of overnight rain when the ground is absolutely dry.

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Almost correct. What really brings on the rain is when I wash and wax the car. Guaranteed heavy rain and muddy roads within 24 hours. If I polish the tyres and cotten bud the front gril widespread road flooding follows.

The wife is just about to wash the car  as well ,so Pattaya look out ,rain is coming for sure .

3 hours ago, manicmike68 said:

We were supposed to have a heavy storm and possible flooding out of this last storm that just passed but we didn't even get a single drop. Thai meteorology at its finest.

Weather forecasting is just that, a forecast. Your post is negativism at its finest.

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

How can you predict rain in a percentage of a province? Like, it's going to rain there and there but not there? A comHaven't seen any Rpletely ludicrous statement. 40% of the eastern region? It never stops raining in Trad and Chantaburi!

Have  not seen any rain in Rayong since the third of July,  getting tired of watering everyday, send some my way 

3 hours ago, Denim said:

I haven't even washed the truck this year yet. Perhaps I should.

Archived