TM30 advice

I’ve been here 7 years full time on retirement visa living at the same address owned by the girlfriend and doubt I’ve a current TM 30. Do I need to get her to register on the immigration website and if so should I put the date I originally entered Thailand

( 7 years ago) or the current date? - I am trying to avoid extra hassle

Thanks in advance for your help

john

• Like 1

Current date, otherwise you are more or less admitting to not doing a TM30 for 7 years. If you were asked, you just arrived at current residence yesterday.

• Like 1

There may be a problem but it is not directly your problem.  Immigration can do whatever they want of course but your “landing  card”  specifically created to fulfil a requirement of the Immigration Act informs your address. You are probably also registered with the police at that address confirmed by Immigration when you were issued with your driving licences.    

In other words, they have all the information they need if they care to coordinate their efforts so there must be some other motive for what they are doing to you and your girlfriend. 

It is this which I find most frustrating but creating problems and trying to solve them seems to be meat and drink to Immigration. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Why do you feel you need to do one now if it has not been necessary for so long?

When I first entered Thailand, I'd previously done my research and filed a TM30 a day after arrival. The IO thought it was amusing, as they didn't enforce that law at the time.

However they gave me the receipt and stapled it in my passport.

The following year they started enforcing section 38 of the Immigration Act and were fining every Tom, Dick and Harry. It's a case of complying with the law regardless of what an IO may advise to avoid fines and issues when they suddenly decide that what they applied yesterday, changes tomorrow.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Ive lived at our address for 12 yrs,never even heard of a tm 30 till reading about it lately ,so what should i do,?

Same situation, I renewed my retirement visa last month with no issues or questions about TM30 - figure that one!

• Like 1

Official poster from Thai Immigration says you need to do a TM30 if you travel to and stay overnight in another province, but there's nothing about doing one when you return from an overseas trip.