Teen stabbed to death over 400 baht debt

rooster59

Teen stabbed to death over 400 baht debt

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTU2OS83ODQ3NjMxL25ld3MxMC5qcGc=.jpg

Caption: He died for 400 baht

Police in Pathum Thani were called after a 17 year old man was stabbed to death on the Sam Khok to Thay Koh Road north west of Bangkok. 

Dead next to his Honda Wave motorcycle was Bas, 17. He had been stabbed in the left collarbone, left side of the ribs and the left arm. Blood was spattered on his vehicle.

A group of his friends were at the scene near a bridge by the temple of Wat Krang when the authorities arrived. 

Natthasit, 17, said that he was riding home with his friend who was on another bike when they spotted a man known to them as Kai or Man. He had a pillion passenger and was riding in the opposite direction. 

Bas turned back and went after them despite Natthasit saying not to go. 

Nattasit went looking for his friend and found him dead by the side of the road.

The Sam Khok police said that the victim had argued with a man who was once his close friend over a 400 baht loan that had not been repaid. 

Investigations continue. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-27
  • Sad 8

54 minutes ago, remorhaz said:

I believe you are giving the victim far too much in the intellect department.  All of what you wrote is future focused which is not how Thais think.  Here's what went through the victims mind "He owe me MONEY!"  full stop.  No other thoughts accompanied this other than basic commands to various limbs/muscles on how to catch up to him.  And now he experienced "bad fortune" which is how the various relatives will interpret the event.  No learning or deeper meanings or lessons will be taken from this which is why its going to happen again and again with no end in sight.

Right, there was not one thought of him what will happen with him in the future after stabbing the boy. I guess when he will stay for years in prison he will count every day how much money is the worth of every day he spend there. If he will get a fine of 5 years it´s 0,22 Baht per day of his 400 Baht - what he still not have. 

That murder happened so fast that he must have planned that if Bas came looking for repayment, he would kill Bas. And to think they were "friends" prior to that. Reminds me of the Cyndi Lauper song, "Money Changes Everything".

8 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

So its ok to murder people for 400 baht then when they are young because it helps them avoid the hardships of older life ? Well that is one viewpoint I suppose but not one I would support, nor I suspect many others.

NO, you see to be missing the point by half a mile or so and twisting it way out of sync to suit your own agenda. Due to what life they see and see as their opportunities in life they grow up without any morals, uncaring about anything or anybody as they see no future in their life. It's therefore not surprising they stab each other over 400 baht as they don't care about anything - in their case it could have just been a 20 baht hotdog

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

400 Baht...about $13.00 U.S. or $17.00 Canadian. 

How cheap is a life?? 

Toss the killer in a tiny solitary cell and never let him see the light of day again. Some stale moldy old bread and a cup of toilet water once a day. 

22 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Be honest I think you need to be putting yourselves in these young guys position. WHAT exactly do they have to look forwards to ? 300 baht a day, corruption, nepotism, too old at 30, no great pension and a coup every 5 years and a fat old bald farang running off with their g/f. The live fast die young motto is quite understandable - how many happy old Thai men do you see. 

Hmmm...you seem to be prejudiced against fat people, you don’t like old people, and you don’t like people with a hair loss problem.

Are you hoping to die before you are fat, old and bald ??? 

What will you do when someday you look in the mirror and you see a very old and wrinkled bald person looking back at you? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/27/2019 at 12:09 PM, rooster59 said:

he was riding home with his friend who was on another bike when they spotted a man known to them as Kai or Man. He had a pillion passenger and was riding in the opposite direction. 

Bas turned back and went after them

Went looking for it.

Got it. 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:13 AM, geoffbezoz said:

The price of life in Thailand is down to only 400 baht.  RIP to the poor fellow but when will Thailand wake up and stop this utter waste of young lives ?

You really need to make it a "thailand only" thing again?! 

Like this doesn't happen all over the world for any stupid reason and/or less money then this.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, wisperone said:

That murder happened so fast that he must have planned that if Bas came looking for repayment, he would kill Bas. And to think they were "friends" prior to that. Reminds me of the Cyndi Lauper song, "Money Changes Everything".

No planning... Just daily Thai mentality leading to actions:

It goes something like this:

Bas not thinking correctly took off on his own after the guy who owed him money... mistake.

Man who owed him  money took offence & stabbed him with a knife which is commonly carried by most people (who can't afford a gun) mistake.

Lessons earned... none !

Will it happen again... YES

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Catoni said:

400 Baht...about $13.00 U.S. or $17.00 Canadian. 

How cheap is a life?? 

Toss the killer in a tiny solitary cell and never let him see the light of day again. Some stale moldy old bread and a cup of toilet water once a day. 

My friend in New York said that one should always carry $10 in cash there. When I asked why, he said, that's a cheap price for your life! If someone draw a gun, and ask for money, they might get angry and shoot you, if you don't have any cash...:whistling:

With inflation it might be $50 today, but still a cheap price for a life...????

• Confused 1

On 7/27/2019 at 12:30 PM, RichardColeman said:

Be honest I think you need to be putting yourselves in these young guys position. WHAT exactly do they have to look forwards to ? 300 baht a day, corruption, nepotism, too old at 30, no great pension and a coup every 5 years and a fat old bald farang running off with their g/f. The live fast die young motto is quite understandable - how many happy old Thai men do you see. 

Im not bald

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

NO, you see to be missing the point by half a mile or so and twisting it way out of sync to suit your own agenda. Due to what life they see and see as their opportunities in life they grow up without any morals, uncaring about anything or anybody as they see no future in their life. It's therefore not surprising they stab each other over 400 baht as they don't care about anything - in their case it could have just been a 20 baht hotdog

In the UK people are stabbing others for nothing at all, not even the equivalent of 400 baht, just to prove they are worthy of joining a gang.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

In the UK people are stabbing others for nothing at all, not even the equivalent of 400 baht, just to prove they are worthy of joining a gang.

yeah because that does not happen in thailand? why do farangs always think such things never happen in thailand but always in the west/Europe? for a fact thailand is alot worse in violent crime than all European countries.

majority of stabbings and murders in UK is gang related, and around 300 stabbing murders in UK... thailand is worse in both knife killings and gun murders, and you expats and tourists just never see or hear about 90% of all the other murders and crimes in thailand.

did you hear about the son of a police man that killed a gas station employee, he shot the gas station worker in the head from behind when the worker was sleeping or barely awake and robbed him of the money bag. he had fotball gambling debt. i doubt you heard about it like 99% of all other murders in thai news 

Edited by ta158

1 hour ago, ta158 said:

yeah because that does not happen in thailand? why do farangs always think such things never happen in thailand but always in the west/Europe? for a fact thailand is alot worse in violent crime than all European countries.

majority of stabbings and murders in UK is gang related, and around 300 stabbing murders in UK... thailand is worse in both knife killings and gun murders, and you expats and tourists just never see or hear about 90% of all the other murders and crimes in thailand.

did you hear about the son of a police man that killed a gas station employee, he shot the gas station worker in the head from behind when the worker was sleeping or barely awake and robbed him of the money bag. he had fotball gambling debt. i doubt you heard about it like 99% of all other murders in thai news 

You make a couple of unsubstantiated and illogical claims. That farangs think these things never happen in Thailand, when there are such stories daily on this very site that we all read, not only you. And I'd be interested to know how you hear about the 90 percent of murders and other crimes that you state 'you expats and tourists just never see'. Only you. How do you get this unique insight? Only you being savvy enough to know of these things is very peculiar. Or, you are just spouting nonsense.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, wisperone said:

Poor Bas must have missed class the day that they taught "Loan" translates to "Gift".

RIP. What a waste of a life.

Loan to Gift in 6 easy steps.

CC0828CC-3F81-4846-9DE2-B9661D503D9F.jpeg

Edited by silver sea

On 7/27/2019 at 12:13 PM, geoffbezoz said:

The price of life in Thailand is down to only 400 baht.  RIP to the poor fellow but when will Thailand wake up and stop this utter waste of young lives ?

Read the news, you can get stabbed in England for free. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

I thought that as it was a Thai forum,  the murder was Thai on Thai then yes Thais were the responsible party here. But hey if you think that is not the case then so be it.

Yes it’s a Thai forum although certain people treat it  as a Thai bash forum. 

• Like 1