UK PM Johnson tells EU: ditch backstop or face no-deal Brexit

rooster59

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"My friends, I do not want a no-deal Brexit, that is not where we're aiming,

I thought parliament voted for not accepting a No Deal scenario, why he's repeating the same bs

• Like 2

He is another Trump promise the earth snd don't worry about delivering, there is no or little doubt that BJ will sell the NHS services to Trump in an American trade deal, then when Trump is pushed out Trump Hospital Services will take over, im trying to find how the letters fit together BJ NHS THS, help me please chaps.

Just now, Almer said:

He is another Trump promise the earth snd don't worry about delivering, there is no or little doubt that BJ will sell the NHS services to Trump in an American trade deal, then when Trump is pushed out Trump Hospital Services will take over, im trying to find how the letters fit together BJ NHS THS, help me please chaps.

I think it spells BULLSHIT.

7 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Nobody wanted the Merkel/May Surrender Treaty-BRINO-Deal. It's dead and gone and there is no other deal on the table.

EU says non! So it's Brexit on 31st October No Deal.

Yeah, okay. You've repeated this boring mantra so many times - perhaps you're getting to believe it. Haven't you got anything worthwhile discussing, like expanding on the positives on what brexiteers consider could happen after the No deal exit - if it happens. 

It might freshen up the same old responses, as well. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Tough luck johnson, the backstop is there and it stays. The govt of Eire will veto any deal that does not meet its concerns over the Good Friday Agreement. 

As to anti democratic- when do you intend to give the entire uk a vote on whether they want you as pm or not?

however

they cannot veto no deal

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

not if we leave with "No Deal"

Yes, you said-the first time you quoted my post

I never mentioned anything about a no deal exit. 

Though I assume any trade deal you later try to negotiate with the eu will be subject to a veto by Eire... good luck with that

Edited by Bluespunk

For once, I'm going to deviate from the same old old all the time. It's clear that some posters on here are encamped in opposite corners and cannot see reason or reality in another's opinion.

From what I've read to date, Johnson emits a sense of energy to get things done. For me that's positive, although I don't agree with his stance of a no-deal scenario.

It's clear to me, that firstly  - one way or another, he will aim to force Brexit through because if parliament doesn't vote for it, most MPs would lose their fat salaries and expenses, if parliament is dissolved. Amazing  - ha ha - that money would be their main motivator.

Yes, he has to persuade the EU to put the backstop on a back-burner to be dealt with properly during the transitional period. That to me, is the simplest solution that would result in the 'WAG' being passed by parliament, maybe with another tweak or two.

And then he will call a GE while Corbyn is the opposition leader, and the Tories are bouncing back in favour of right wing policies, at the demise of Farage and the split vote between Labour and the Lib Dems - according to a new poll taken recently.    

When - and if  - he achieves that, expect the return of the death penalty and far-right policies pervading the UK. Makes me sick. But...

Best of luck with it...   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

I think you need to reread my posts

I don’t. 

I can recall you mentioning no deal in two separate posts when responding to one post of mine. 

Edited by Bluespunk

13 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

That's a remainers point of view. The big issue is the Brexit party and how successful they will be, BJ fails.

The brexit issue will not go away. If the EU were smart and they are clearly not, have no real understanding of the underlying distrust and contempt of the UK against the EU, they would be best severing ties ASAP. Then again history shows that the EU is not the smartest lamp in the street.

I wouldn't be sure that Brexit will not go away, and you certainly are not sure when you 'speak for the UK' with respect to views on the EU.