Education Ministry to push for coding as third language for Thai students

rooster59

Gonna be hard to find teachers who can teach Scratch, Javascript and Phyton, preferably in English. The ministery will have to come up with a curriculum and sets of learning resources, as most schools dont have a clue what coding is and how to chunk it in motivational lessons.

• Like 1

that means English will be taught as a 4th language, with Pasa Thai, as always, as a 2nd language for just about all students still and..... what?  C++ as a coding "language"??? 

it doesn't make sense to me.  but hey, I'm a farlang.  to me, what does need to be changed is learning English or Chinese as a 2nd language.  forget about 3rd and 4th languages, the students have enough stuff to discuss and learn.  besides, most technical manuals are written in English including the C++ manuals and on line help.

Edited by WeekendRaider
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

That woman is not even fit to be in the picture. Starting coding computer from kindergarten level? 

Never heard of coding.org?

Coding for toddlers is picture and block based and teaches the concept of movement and looping. 

Code.org uses Frozen and Starwars in their curriculum. The future of coding is block based coding and starts indeed at Kindergarten level. You can take free teacher courses at Code.org, which is founded and supported by companies such as Facebook and Disney.

The objective, however, should not be how to create apps , but how to operate machines.

Edited by SoilSpoil
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, SoilSpoil said:

Never heard of coding.org?

Coding for toddlers is picture and block based and teaches the concept of movement and looping. 

Code.org uses Frozen and Starwars in their curriculum. The future of coding is block based coding and starts indeed at Kindergarten level. You can take free teacher courses at Code.org, which is founded and supported by companies such as Facebook and Disney.

The objective, however, should not be how to create apps , but how to operate machines.

Yes, I have, but her objective is coding. You are saying that coding.org focus on how to operate machines and not on coding. I was talking about coding which was the core in the news. All that makes your comment totally irrelevant.

• Like 1