Eleven Bangkok students in custody over fatal knifing

webfact

Eleven Bangkok students in custody over fatal knifing

By Kornkamon Aksorndech
The Nation

800_5986e544145ad21.jpg?v=1564306619

Eleven male students have been arrested in connection with Saturday’s fatal stabbing of another student, age 21, and four teenage girls are being held as witnesses.

Metropolitan Police Division 2 commander Pol Maj General Ekachai Boonvisut held a press conference on Sunday to announce the arrests in the murder of Witcha Noo-udom, who was studying at the College of Industrial Technology at King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok. 

The 11 males are to be charged with murder and assault.

20190728152845528.jpg

The four girls, ages 16 and 17, are friends with those arrested, who were in their first to third years at another technological college.

Witcha was walking with two friends from a restaurant in Soi Wong Sawang 11 in Bang Sue district towards their apartment nearby just after midnight Saturday when 11 young men on seven motorcycles attacked them, most using their helmets as weapons. 

Witcha was fatally stabbed in the neck. His friends were injured. 

A 16-year-old is alleged to have stabbed Witcha, at which point the assailants quickly dispersed.

Ekkachai said the teen with the knife told police he disposed of it at a road island near Big C Wong Sawang.

Ekkachai said police determined the attackers had been drinking together elsewhere in the lane and exchanged abusive words with a group of teenage pedestrians.

They saw Witcha and his friends emerge from the restaurant and mistakenly believed they were scolding them, leading to the attack.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30373813

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-07-29

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Eleven male students have been arrested in connection with Saturday’s fatal stabbing of another student, age 21, and four teenage girls are being held as witnesses.

Senseless killings are on the increase yet policing is decreasing.... 

tie them to a post and shot them dead.. broadcast it on TV during every drama show interval !

24 minutes ago, newatthis said:

So the sooner Brexit happens, the safer the EU will be.

PS. What does London or the Midlands have to do with the murder of a student here Thailand?

They have to show that it is worse there, despite not knowing a single thing about crime in thailand, they get their crimes news from thai visa news and bangkokpost, they probably think what they post is the only murders and violence that happens, they should learn thai and take a look in thai news

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Go to london or the midlands where several thousand attacks occur..

Really? As there are 365 days in a year you are suggesting that there must be 10's or 100's of fatal stabbings a day for that to be true, which it is not.

The knife crime numbers are shocking in the UK admittedly but not at the levels you seem to think they are.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Too much of this happening. They should ALL eve the girls be tried as adults.  Send a message not sure if th THAIS WILL GET IT BUT SEND THE MESSAGE

Are you suggesting that the group in this incident be tried as adults and have their lives ruined, just for being witnesses?

What about the Parents?

Bringing up a child is a responsibility many people take for granted

I am somewhat on the edge with regard to processing “minors” as defined under Thai law, under the adult judicial system... but.... I also can’t escape the fact that some crimes and their underlying situations, circumstances and impact on the victim(s) and society at large, are of such a magnitude that the adult system is better suited.

Because there is loss of life, I am more willing to lean towards adult processing than not... as to the “witnesses” go... so long as their ONLY actions were that of witness and in no way, shape or form, were they involved; actively or passive, then I think they are just that - witnesses to a tragic crime..

But... IF.. they were involved in any manner.. .. be that acts like helping with fleeing the scene; arranging for or helping to arrange transport; holding, procuring or disposing of the weapon... then that’s something different and now I think they should be processed under the relevant law.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

9 hours ago, ta158 said:

They have to show that it is worse there, despite not knowing a single thing about crime in thailand, they get their crimes news from thai visa news and bangkokpost, they probably think what they post is the only murders and violence that happens, they should learn thai and take a look in thai news

Plus they generally are reading TVF through their rose tinted glasses and drinking or taking something that removes reality

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, ta158 said:

Why do people always start talking about   UK or London crime when it is not even related, don't you think thai cities have the same problem but with an even higher rate? But you cant read thai news so you wouldn't know what happens so you just assumes it is worse in UK/London because there you can read all the news. For a fact Thailand and UK got similar populations but thailand got 5 times more murders.

I'd be more concerned about being a victim of random crime in the U.K. than I ever would in Thailand. Most of the foreign victims of crime in Thailand put themselves into jeopardy by their own involvement with nefarious deeds or folks imo. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, Domissan said:

Really? As there are 365 days in a year you are suggesting that there must be 10's or 100's of fatal stabbings a day for that to be true, which it is not.

The knife crime numbers are shocking in the UK admittedly but not at the levels you seem to think they are.

in the whole UK murders killed around 700 - 800 people depends on sources, around 300 of them with an knife, less than 50 with gun.

London had around 140 murders with and population of 8.7 million people.

5 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

I'd be more concerned about being a victim of random crime in the U.K. than I ever would in Thailand. Most of the foreign victims of crime in Thailand put themselves into jeopardy by their own involvement with nefarious deeds or folks imo. 

of course you are more concerned in the UK, you are a local, it is the same with me, im more concerned about being victim in thailand because im half thai, but not in sweden despite me living in a ''no go zone''  still if you compare UK and Thailand in terms of violent crimes against tourists, thailand is a big winner, and if you just compare murder rates and gun violence etc

Edited by ta158

6 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Plus they generally are reading TVF through their rose tinted glasses and drinking or taking something that removes reality

Possibly..but 
"whataboutism" and false equivalences are well known debating ploys and some have been doing it for years here until they finally run out of birdseed and stop cheeping.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ta158 said:

of course you are more concerned in the UK, you are a local, it is the same with me, im more concerned about being victim in thailand because im half thai, but not in sweden despite me living in a ''no go zone''  still if you compare UK and Thailand in terms of violent crimes against tourists, thailand is a big winner, and if you just compare murder rates and gun violence etc

no, I'm not a local though I have traveled there and the EU. imo you would have a better chance to get jumped by strangers over there than you would in Thailand. I'm not talking stats for it isn't telling the story of what the relationship is among victims and perps. I've been here 17 years and I feel a lot safer here than I ever did in Western countries. Never lived in a 'no go zone', feel sorry  for you.

22 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

no, I'm not a local though I have traveled there and the EU. imo you would have a better chance to get jumped by strangers over there than you would in Thailand. I'm not talking stats for it isn't telling the story of what the relationship is among victims and perps. I've been here 17 years and I feel a lot safer here than I ever did in Western countries. Never lived in a 'no go zone', feel sorry  for you.

more foreign tourists get attacked, robbed,shot,stabbed in thailand and majority cases is strangers. and no need to feel sorry for me living in a ''no go zone'' it is not as bad as foreign media makes it look. never been victim of any sorts of crime, the only thing is break in, in the apartment basement storage, junkies to 100%

do you feel unsafe because there is alot of immigrants there or what? thailand have more murders than Germany,France,UK,Spain,Italy together, but ofc you might only be in the tourist and nice areas of thailand.... dont get me wrong thailand is not dangerous like brazil or mexico, but far from the same level safe and low violence as Europe, if you cant speak,read or write thai, it is not weird you feel safe in thailand, you dont see what is going on around thailand

16 hours ago, SuperTed said:

Uni students gang banging seems unique to Thailand. Am I wrong? There is so much of it, seems a rite of passage. Crazy. MOE recognizes the issue, but clearly not doing enough.

happens in Indonesia as well, but not as deadly, and other countries too