New UK PM Johnson heads to Northern Ireland, Brexit's toughest riddle

webfact

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

His only has to last until 31st October & for much of that time Parliament is closed. Not even Tommy Cooper could f*** that up!????

Yes, but Tommy Cooper was a skilled magician, a member of the magic circle, who deliberately messed up his tricks for comic effect. 

johnson is a clown. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Basil B said:

Got booed in Scotland, got booed in Wales and I assume he will get booed in NI, first week in office and already the most unpopular Prime Minister in .the history of Britain.

Ted Heath or Thatcher must run him pretty close but yes the bloke is a disaster for the UK

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, vogie said:

Cameron and May didn't have the LibDems or the Brexit Party to worry about in those days, politics has changed now, so you cannot compare. Without L/D and Brexit Party I sure the Tories and Lab would be a lot higher than what they are polling at the moment. Not an unreasonable assumption I would have thought.

Cameron relied on the Lib Dem’s to support his minority party in a coalition. He is an even bigger fool than I thought he didn’t worry about them. 

His concerns about farage and ukip led to his poorly thought through referendum pledge. So, he must have had some worries about the then main brexit advocates party. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Cameron relied on the Lib Dem’s to support his minority party in a coalition. He is an even bigger fool than I thought he didn’t worry about them. 

You're not a big fan of anybody really are you?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

You're not a big fan of anybody really are you?

You would appear to be wrong here as well. However my likes and dislikes have nothing to do with the point I made. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fishtank said:

Disaster for everyone including you.

The economy will probably never recover.

Are those words of wisdom your own interpretations or do you have proof.

You say "will probably never recover" and I could say 'it probably will recover'.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Yes, but Tommy Cooper was a skilled magician, a member of the magic circle, who deliberately messed up his tricks for comic effect. 

johnson is a clown. 

The absence of a reply is because i'm still laughing at his comic genius on youtube ????

(1x HIGNFY & 1x Top Gear so far....)

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

What are you getting out of this?

I was simply pointing out Tommy Cooper didn’t **** up his tricks because he was bad at magic, but rather for comic effect. 

Likewise, johnson ***** up because he’s a clown. 

40 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

His concerns about farage and ukip led to his poorly thought through referendum pledge. So, he must have had some worries about the then main brexit advocates party. 

I think Nick Clegg was the bigger fool...

Do not forget TM needed the Ulster Mob, and so does Boris, but probably they will not be enough to get Brexit through, noting the boasts about the Tories being 10 points ahead of Labour that have appeared here this morning, 31% is nothing to boast about, the opinion polls show that should there be another GE in the near future the Tories would have far less MP's than they have now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Basil B said:

Johnson playing chicken...

YBU7SL3PUFFJ7N3YMFEUS3PAGM.jpg.00548c70cec869fed326edc09056c359.jpg

By the way the Chickens name is Brexit...

(Boris playing chicken with Brexit) and it is going to end with a self egging...

52-egg-on-face.png.0a0d1c8a314987529c27ec7fac0be657.png

Edited by Basil B

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I was simply pointing out Tommy Cooper didn’t **** up his tricks because he was bad at magic, but rather for comic effect. 

Likewise, johnson ***** up because he’s a clown. 

Care to name any other politician who could get the same reaction as Tommy Cooper simply by walking onto a stage?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vogie said:

Nonsense, only a week in office and the Tories are top of the polls, don't judge your opinion on a few screaming leftists.

I watched and listened to the inaugural BJ Churchillian speech . Along with friends of leave & remain we were all impressed . Then to the BBC for their analysis and they were embarrassingly critical . It seems their scripts were already written .  I am for Brexit for various reasons but I am able to listen to both sides of the case as there are good logical reasoning's from both sides .  Booing and derogatory unfounded remarks only detract credibility from their argument . 

I would like to no if their are any supporters from the TM deal or is it just to scrap the whole deal and go back to where we were before the referendum ?     

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Care to name any other politician who could get the same reaction as Tommy Cooper simply by walking onto a stage?

What’s that got to do with the point I was making?

That being Tommy Cooper knew what he was doing and johnson doesn’t. 

One was a genius, the other (johnson) is a clown...

Edited by Bluespunk

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

He is a clown to you because of all the other politicians he has more chance of removing the UK from the EU and all your and everybody elses cheap and unwarrented childish and spitefull remarks aint gunna change anything. Infact the better the Brexiteer in charge the more the insults flow, god help you if Nigel Farage ever gets in charge, TV will be in total melt down, the national grid will need rewiring.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, vogie said:

He is a clown to you because of all the other politicians he has more chance of removing the UK from the EU and all your and everybody elses cheap and unwarrented childish and spitefull remarks aint gunna change anything. Infact the better the Brexiteer in charge the more the insults flow, god help you if Nigel Farage ever gets in charge, TV will be in total melt down, the national grid will need rewiring.

No he’s a clown to me because of his flower bridge debacle, his water cannon purchase, his claims to use technology that doesn’t exist to solve the effects of brexit upon the Good Friday Agreement, his cowardice and of course let’s not forget his tendency to lie. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/16/you-pay-for-it-chum-boris-johnson-struggle-save-garden-bridge

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/nov/19/boris-johnson-unused-water-cannon-sold-for-scrap-at-300000-loss

Edited by Bluespunk

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No he’s a clown to me because of his flower bridge debacle, his water cannon purchase, his claims to use technology that doesn’t exist to solve the effects of brexit upon the Good Friday Agreement, his cowardice and of course let’s not forget his tendency to lie. 

Come on now, if he was a remainer he would be on your Christmas card list.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

They both are but i'll take that as a 'no'.

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

They both are but i'll take that as a 'no'.

Take your deflection attempt anyway you like. 

As to johnson being a genius, my turn to laugh now...

Edited by Bluespunk