Non-Immigrant B Visa in Signapore

I am starting a new job teaching.  The school immigration agent recommended it is easier to Singapore to get the visa.  She recommended I get a reservation.

I asked her about how long it takes the get the visa- but she is unsure. 

I am not sure why she recommended Singapore, but does not know the process.

Unless changed, the process in Laos was deliver the documents in the morning and pick up the Visa the next afternoon.  The Thai embassy website in Singapore says the process takes 3-5 days.   Is this accurate?  How is this easier than applying at Laos?

Does anybody know how long it takes to get a Non-Immigrant B visa for teaching in Singapore?  I need to plan my trip.

I found an online application to send all the documents.  I filled out the form and supplied the documents provided by the school.  They reviewed the documents and asked for a police clearance form,  and a letter stating my salary and length of contract, my teaching licence, my CV, and letters from previous schools stating my experience.  I used an background search website to provide a report of no criminal records in America - but based on social security number and not fingerprints.  Unable to get letter from old schools stating employment history with the school - hopefully get soon.

Does the embassy actually need all this for a Non-immigrant B Visa? 

I know the school will ask me to do the police scan in Thailand.  this makes sense since I have been in Thailand for 10 years

When I went to the website to send the additional in formation - the website is down.  Now there is a message on their webpage that the online application website is down.

AnnoucementE-Visa-Rotor-page-001.jpg

Singapore has not been the best place to apply for a visa for some time now.

All nearby location will want the police clearance certificate. Some will accept one for Thailand. Others will insist upon having one from your home country and may not accept one done online.

What the embassy in Singapore is asking for is a lot more than most nearby locations want.

Here is the embassy in Vientiane's requirements.  http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/upload/pdf/Visa/Non-B teacher.pdf