Two BMA workers injured in explosion in Suan Luang district

webfact

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

I and most others are here on temporary permits, de facto visitors. And paying ones at that, which makes us customers. Thais are the ones who need to keep up their service levels.

Then read the Sun or watch CNN BBC RT SKY what doing on this forum

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

Jeez, these guys need an assistant to carry the medals, insignias and Bling on their uniforms. 

Wonder what it all means?

Especially seeing as they have never fired shots in a war.

I don't think they fully understand such things, they must see photos of foreign military and think Oh that looks impressive, we'll make some just like it. A few weeks ago on Bangkok BTS I saw a Thai woman wearing some khaki gov' uniform...not military, perhaps post office or water supply, and among all the insignia she had paratrooper wings. I felt like asking her...are you jump qualified? Of course she isn't and therefore she has no right to wear wings.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, poohy said:

Oh dear 

either insurgents, protesters against government or government arranging it themselves to bring back military rule as this "demo-crazy" thing  doesn't seem to be working too well 

It seems a chance for this psycho army bloke to roll his tanks out and do what his daddy taught him to do ..shoot the peasants!

I bet  there are several changes of underwear whatever the reason being arranged in parliament today!

Or maybe they all got together, eh?

1 hour ago, Thaifriends said:

Then read the Sun or watch CNN BBC RT SKY what doing on this forum

I read and watch those too (Well not the Sun, unless looking for brainless entertainment). Thailand is such a meaningless speck on the map one has to read the news from an "expat" forum.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

i dont get it. it seems the average forum farang can only respond to just about anything with only  deeply cynical and personal anti thai replies against thai autorities. how about integrating in the country that you chose to live in? 

Back in the real world, I just had dinner with a group of Thais and they dissed their government pretty much throughout our meal. I didn't even get a comment in. Does that make them anti-Thai, too, or are they maybe just against the government?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cadbury said:

This is the opportunity you've been waiting for Apirat Kongsompong. An excuse to roll out the tanks and the troop carriers to restore law and order.

Move over Prayut, I'm in charge now; daddy taught me how to handle these situations. 

I would stay out of Thai politics if I were you. TPTB actually READ this forum in case you didn't know.

10 hours ago, Cadbury said:

....and yet some people still want to insist/pretend...that certain cockroaches....

...that scurried away...with billions...

...have anything to do with democracy....

...or have the interests of Thailand....or the Thai people....at heart.....

....the same for their 'newer version' cronies.....

6 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

....and yet some people still want to insist/pretend...that certain cockroaches....

...that scurried away...with billions...

...have anything to do with democracy....

...or have the interests of Thailand....or the Thai people....at heart.....

....the same for their 'newer version' cronies.....

Reads a lot like a lese majeste post!

Edited by thirdleg
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, TSF said:

I don't think they fully understand such things, they must see photos of foreign military and think Oh that looks impressive, we'll make some just like it. A few weeks ago on Bangkok BTS I saw a Thai woman wearing some khaki gov' uniform...not military, perhaps post office or water supply, and among all the insignia she had paratrooper wings. I felt like asking her...are you jump qualified? Of course she isn't and therefore she has no right to wear wings.

not called the city of angels for nothing

• Haha 2

In Hua Hin last night the police called my wife and told us to close the bar immediately. She drove around, and Soi 80, and Bintabaht were closed. This was at 7:30 p.m. 

We closed, and then noticed bars in Soi 94 closing one by one.

When she asked the police they said they were expecting something.

However, the stupid thing is that the restaurants, and food courts were all open.......figure that one out.......Bummer really as Friday is our busiest night......:sad:

• Like 1

Headline quote from "The Sun" newspaper (UK):-

THAI BLASTS 

Bangkok explosions – Six shrapnel bombs rock Thai capital injuring at least four moments before Mike Pompeo’s speech to foreign ministers

The shrapnel consisted of small ball bearings.

I wonder how TAT will react?

14 hours ago, TSF said:

... I saw a Thai woman wearing some khaki gov' uniform...not military, perhaps post office or water supply, and among all the insignia she had paratrooper wings. ... she has no right to wear wings.

These wings are given to survivors of the famed "bucking balconies" of high-rises in the Kingdom's most famous cities, who are held in high esteem. Only those bucked from higher than five floors, who are ambulatory without prosthetics, can wear them.

~o:37;

As I was at 2 of these places 2 days and 1 day before the explosions I checked my dash cam to see if it could spot anything. Unfortunately my dash cam stopped recording 2 minutes into my trip to CW and nothing Thursday.  But I'm sure with almost every car and truck having dash cams now days why don't they ask the public?  

Got a new dash cam yesterday.

He is always ordering others to hurry up with things but when it comes to him doing something it will drag on for years,e.g. election, investigating his friends, flooding, tourist scams and the list goes on !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

In Hua Hin last night the police called my wife and told us to close the bar immediately. She drove around, and Soi 80, and Bintabaht were closed. This was at 7:30 p.m. 

We closed, and then noticed bars in Soi 94 closing one by one.

When she asked the police they said they were expecting something.

However, the stupid thing is that the restaurants, and food courts were all open.......figure that one out.......Bummer really as Friday is our busiest night......:sad:

Its good to have precaution and after all money isnt more important then humen life. Stay alert and be happy ????

• Like 1

19 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

i dont get it. it seems the average forum farang can only respond to just about anything with only  deeply cynical and personal anti thai replies against thai autorities. how about integrating in the country that you chose to live in? 

How about some mutual recognition and respect.