TM30 Agents feasibility

Hotels and guesthouse can obtain password and even passport scanners to do the report online when guests check in right?

What's stopping enterprising business from setting up a service where you register to 'stay' at their place and they take care of the TM30 for a fee?

They're not doing spot checks to see if you're staying there right? they could piggyback your 'nominal' stay with genuine guests if they have a legitimate hotel business even.

Are there any agents already doing this? 

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, digbeth said:

Are there any agents already doing this?

A couple of years ago a friend of mine who uses an agent went to CW for his 12-month extension and one of the flunkeys from his agent filled out a TM30 on the spot giving his own address as my friend's address. I imagine it's done on an ad hoc basis but not as a regular service

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ifjsrussell said:

I guess what’s stopping them is that it would be illegal?

When has that stopped anything in Thailand

Borrowing money to season the 4/800,000 extension would be illegal also, but all of this is a lot less illegal than staying without a visa

• Like 1

When has that stopped anything in Thailand

Borrowing money to season the 4/800,000 extension would be illegal also, but all of this is a lot less illegal than staying without a visa

True, but filling in a form and going to immigration or even posting it is a lot easier than finding 4/800,000 baht if you don’t have the money.

You’re right of course that is obviously against the stated rules too,but it seems the authorities want to actively encourage that behaviour. Clamping down on all of us that try and do the right thing, whilst it seems not touching the visa agents who merrily carry on offering their services and openly advertising the fact they can do this online and even here on Thai visa. Can’t think why that would be allowed?

Of course we all know why it’s allowed, and is now it seems, being actively encouraged.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Mountain out of a mole hill. Not so for an Expat who has a landlord who refuses to help or even provide copies of the house Tambian Baan and Thai National ID card....and most of the time go unpunished. 

Pleas to the I/O go unheard and the Expat is fined. 

You cannot judge a snafu such as the TM.30 by your myopic view of just your situation and experience

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

I fail to see what’s all the drama about the TM30. Just done mine a couple of days ago with the wife. Scanned passport and I signed it, form filled out and we where on our merry way in 10 minutes. People seem to be making a mountain out of a molehill. 

Clearly that was not CW, where you would have spent most of day including travel. BTW passport only?

Need more than that at most places. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I believe an enterprising company could provide a legal TM.30 filing service. One - by using a contract lawyer to persuade a particular landlord that cooperating is in his/her best interest... even if it including a bit of legaleze intimation. Or the TM.30 filing Agent could assemble the required documents with real factual data pertaining to the Expat then fax, email a pdf, or personally appear at Immigration everytime a TM.30 filing is demanded. Of course this could not likely be a single service but could be integrated into other immigration services services provided by an Agent. 

This kind of service would not be for everyone. But some like Agent services. They 1don't want to be bothered or hassled, or feel intimidated, want assurance that 800 Baht to 1600 Baht fines are not going to be levied. Or they are getting older and don't travel or sit in waiting rooms well - especially if it is a long drive to immigration. For many just having the peace of mind that one more nucence is properly handled is enough incentive. 

I believe an Agent could possibly get a legal online reporting account for the TM.30 all on the UP and UP and file Expat Clients at their legal address. Perhaps using one of the Apps setup in the Client Expat's name and address. I am sure many of you realize that a large percentage of older Expats are technophobic and dread any App or Online reporting mechanism.

Note: as an example my bookkeeper / business assistant has online accounts set up for my PND1 personal income tax and for my employee Social Fund accounts - in my name with passwords.

She logs into each account as me - generates the reports - pays them and I download the necessary copies. Then I reimburse her. What I am proposing above is not a lot different. 

4 hours ago, JDGRUEN said:

Mountain out of a mole hill. Not so for an Expat who has a landlord who refuses to help or even provide copies of the house Tambian Baan and Thai National ID card....and most of the time go unpunished. 

You cannot judge a snafu such as the TM.30 by your myopic view of just your situation and experience

Of course he can. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tongjaw said:

I fail to see what’s all the drama about the TM30. Just done mine a couple of days ago with the wife. Scanned passport and I signed it, form filled out and we where on our merry way in 10 minutes. People seem to be making a mountain out of a molehill. 

This might be true for 1) a tourist staying in bona fide hotels or guest houses or 2) an expat who has a condo but never goes anywhere else in Thailand. For people like me who own more that one place to live and whose wife also has a house the TM30 does become problematic. So many different interpretations of the law, We probably spend time in two or three places (and possibly an aunt's house as well) during a month.  To comply with the exact wording of the law we would never be out of the immigration offices. Of course we don't do that but I'd rather the law wasn't there rather than me breaking it all the time.

On 8/3/2019 at 11:00 AM, JDGRUEN said:

So do it yourself as the housemaster/possessor. Takes ten minutes and you don't even need copies of the house Tambian Baan and Thai National ID card from your landlord.