just been turned down for my married extension

15 hours ago, dayo202 said:

I arrived in Thailand on a 30 days TM6 on 24th May 2018

I then had a agent in pattaya to sort my non O imm based on retirement which give me 15 months in total

For @jacko45k as you appear confused by my previous post.

Read the OP.

He entered on a 30 day VE entry.

jacko45k reacted to this

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

No, the agent converted to a Non O and extension in one hit.

no the agent didn't - the IO did which is very normal

you really are blowing it out your ***

I have gone through this process years ago without an agent - it is all normal up until the point you don't have the seasoned funds - that is what you are paying the bribe for - not meeting the financials 

I'm done with this petty nonsense - I am surprised at you, your posts are usually informed and accurate and not this baiting trolling nonsense 

26 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

An IO may have access to the last extension paperwork. A retirement ext done by an agent would not have the bankbook copies I submit confirming the seasoning. 

my bankbook goes back more than 12 months

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

For @jacko45k as you appear confused by my previous post.

I still am. Smedly responded as to why an extension issued soon after the Non-Imm O may NOT indicate an agent obtained extension. You replied with an irrelevance. (Well actually another reason why a person may do the extension quickly, supporting his statement)

Edited by jacko45k

14 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

So you’re trying to get an extension based on marriage to a visa based on retirement?

sounds flakey.

You should be able to do this - it's an O visa. For instance I'm almost certain you can go from O visa based on work and funds of 40k+(?) to marriage. It remains an O visa.

You can convert a TR to a B. But you can't change the criteria for same class visa? Crazy.

But in bureaucratic, inflexible Thailand I could see they want to hassle you and you to feed the beast.

Just now, Number 6 said:

You should be able to do this - it's an O visa. For instance I'm almost certain you can go from O visa based on work and funds of 40k+(?) to marriage. It remains an O visa.

You can convert a TR to a B. But you can't change the criteria for same class visa? Crazy.

But in bureaucratic, inflexible Thailand I could see they want to hassle you and you to feed the beast.

I thought he was on an extension based marriage, Not a O visa.

1 hour ago, smedly said:

my bankbook goes back more than 12 months

Mine goes back as far as  last new one. But my point is I always supply copies going back 3 months (now 2) in my retirement extension application package, which are kept. An agent one cannot do this. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

His extension is based on a O visa. So I'd think again just swapping the reason and the criteria might change a bit.

In the end it's what the immigration office says it is I guess

15 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

When the agent in Pattaya handled your retirement visa/extension, was everything kosher, squeaky clean and above board?

If not, it is not surprising the Pathum Thani (Sam Khok) office was unable to help you. Take a few days off for a nice trip over to Mukdahan and on to Savannakhet for a new 1 year  "O" based on Thai Wife and then you can have a nice refreshing border run every 90 days., 

Pathumthani IO moved from Sam Khok some time ago.

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

iThe initial requirement for an extension of stay for a retirement extension; a marriage extension or some other extensions is the applicant must have obtain a Non Immigrant O Visa.

Whether one is apply for  retirement or marriage- it is the same Visa.

I have personnaly  chage  from a retirement extension to a marriage extension and then back to retirement. I had the same original Non Imm O Visa to do this- No questions asked- although on  one occasion the IO made a note in the passport of the change.

As far as agents go- I recently extened my stay for retirment at Jomties not using an agent and an acquaintace of mine did use an agent- I looked at his extension stamp- the exact same as mine- the same pereson signed both.

Pathum Thani and Nonthaburi Immigration offices have a history of asking for added things- one office wanted the Embassy Letter certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;  and I remember the other asking for  added docucmentation that other offices do not need.

If I had to guess- the IO didn't like the idea that the OP could not prove he was living in Pattaya and then started questioning the  wife and when she confirmed agent- he decided he didn't want to do it.  It maybe be he wouldn't have done it anyway because he was of the mindset that since he had a retirement extension he couldn't do one for marriage without a new Visa. If so- the IO is wrong.

The use of agents is a fact of life and not just at Jomtien but  at CM; CW; and Phuket. The IMO the Immiration Act of 1979 gives wide latitude to senior officers to waive anything they want to waive. If so inclined, if an applicant walked in by himself and wanted an extension based on retirement- the IO could waive all the requirements- no agent needed/

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure it matters where the your visa was issued.

I think they are saying that since your visa was issued on the basis of retirement you cannot extend that entry based upon marriage. I have seen reports of other offices stating that incorrect opinion before.

I think your best option is make an appointment for a non-o visa at Vientiane to get a new visa.

I changed my Non O extension from retirement to marriage at Udon in 2016.

Last year my wife had a work commitment in Chonburi, which meant I couldn't extend it in Udon. I extended it at Jomtien based on retirement.

Next week I will be changing back to marriage in Udon again. Well I hope so anyway.

The answer is in the conversation between the IO and OP's Mrs. This IO wants a 'bung' too. He wouldn't have anticipated OP being prepared to exit Thailand, particularly as he previously paid an agent. The question should have been "how much for your office to deal with this?".

• Thanks 1

There has been some rubbish said on here by a few that do not know what they are talking about. It appears that it is only to do with Patham Thani office. I arrived in Thailand in 2012 on a Visa Exempt for 30 days and I extended it by 60 days at Udon Thani and I then spoke to the head officer at Udon Thani about a non-imm "O" visa and he told me to go to Vientianne which I did and got my Visa, on the grounds of retirement, I then applied for an extension on the basis of retirement at Udon Thani and in 2016 I moved from Udon Thani to Khon Kaen and got married and then when it was time to renew my extension I applied for my extension on the basis of marriage at Khon Kaen and it was approved with no problem. I have never used an agent and I have always been straight up and never have I had any problems with either Udon Thani or Khon Kaen or with my extensions based on retirement or when I changed over to based on marriage. So because he has moved to a new area and he is changing his extension from one to the other should not make any difference, unless there is something that the OP is not saying. I do know of an agent that works the Khon Kaen area but lodges all the paperwork in another area which could cause problems I think. 

My local outer Bangkok IO ALWAYS make a home visit for EVERY annual extension .... 4 so far (usually 3 IO's ) , all the usual inside and outside group photos, two neighbors as witnesses, and they DO drink the coffee and eat the biscuits provided.

I think they enjoy getting out of the office for a few hours.

But renewals/extensions always go without a hitch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

If I've said it once I've said it a hundred times, go the 800k route and don't use an agent.

I'm now going the 400k route all above board, but still Imm  won't process my new extension 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

There has been some rubbish said on here by a few that do not know what they are talking about. It appears that it is only to do with Patham Thani office. I arrived in Thailand in 2012 on a Visa Exempt for 30 days and I extended it by 60 days at Udon Thani and I then spoke to the head officer at Udon Thani about a non-imm "O" visa and he told me to go to Vientianne which I did and got my Visa, on the grounds of retirement, I then applied for an extension on the basis of retirement at Udon Thani and in 2016 I moved from Udon Thani to Khon Kaen and got married and then when it was time to renew my extension I applied for my extension on the basis of marriage at Khon Kaen and it was approved with no problem. I have never used an agent and I have always been straight up and never have I had any problems with either Udon Thani or Khon Kaen or with my extensions based on retirement or when I changed over to based on marriage. So because he has moved to a new area and he is changing his extension from one to the other should not make any difference, unless there is something that the OP is not saying. I do know of an agent that works the Khon Kaen area but lodges all the paperwork in another area which could cause problems I think. 

I was also told those three words they used to say to try to get rid of people: "Go to Laos", in 2013 at Udon Thani when I wanted to change my TR visa to a Non O.

I stuck it out, and after some discussion in the office with the boss, he admitted they could issue me with a Non O visa there and then. Took two/three hours and I came away with a Non O issued at Udon Thani immigration.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

unless there is something that the OP is not saying. 

I have wrote and expand evertthing what Pathum Thani immigration said to us yesterday when my married extension was rejected. I'm not holding back any information I'm being 100% truthful,  I'm just looking for some kind of guidelines what behind my refusal.