Army chief blames same group from attacks in 2006 for Friday’s explosions

rooster59

15.jpg

Army Commander-in-Chief General Apirat Kongsompong has blamed the same group of people “with an old mindset” who engineered bomb attacks in Bangkok in 2006 for being behind the multiple explosions in the city today (Friday), but he says they used “new faces” to carry out the violent incidents.

He said that Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has called on the national police chief, Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda, and commanders of the three armed forces to handle the situation.

Pol Gen Chakthip was appointed by Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan to take charge of the investigation and to track down all those responsible.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/army-chief-blames-same-group-from-attacks-in-2006-for-todays-explosions/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-08-03

28 minutes ago, Lungstib said:

Its amazing the speed with which suspects are discovered, the amount of CCTV's working when the army need pictures and the numbers deployed to comb the bus stations. Meanwhile we are still awaiting the discovery of the thugs that attacked Ja New. Very much a 2 speed system.

Yes, slow and stop

• Like 1

This was yesterday's news why so slow? and based on nothing, today Prawit suspects Southern insurgents probably because they caught 2 heading South now they can't blame red shirts but not only insurgents dwell in the South.

1 hour ago, Grossman said:

From Khaosod;

"LIVE at BTS Sala Daeng in Silom, where bomb squad officials are inspecting whether a black box under an escalator is an explosive. The box turned out to be a false alarm. The box, a watch box, was empty."

Someone forgot something..

I wonder if Prawit offered his services to defuse the suspected bomb when he heard it was a watch box?

If so, that could be why if was empty (afterwards).

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

So they now arrested 3 teen students and 2 southerners. Next will be couple of Myanmars and Uyghurs. Meanwhile the inept Army Chief and the clueless PM will stick to the Red Shirts as accomplices. This is turning out to be a circus with those clowns. 

Maybe thrown in a Farang for diversity ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, londonthai said:

But the perpetrators of 2006 bombinhs were never named and procecuted. 

There is no any trace of information who carried yesterdays attack. 

For both those incidens I do blame army special unit for plating those bombs, to have justification for special law measures, like marchal law and to stage yet another, long awaited by some army generals, military coup. 

Army boss mentioned staging a coup several times this year. He made public declarations, to mass media, and never withdraw them

Do you have any proof to support your accusations?

Or just happens that idea supports your agenda?

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

So they now arrested 3 teen students and 2 southerners. Next will be couple of Myanmars and Uyghurs. Meanwhile the inept Army Chief and the clueless PM will stick to the Red Shirts as accomplices. This is turning out to be a circus with those clowns. 

Ridiculous! Of course those nice sensible peace loving democratic Red Shirts would never do anything like this; their kind generous totally honest paymasters wouldn't let them.

Viva the Shins eh Eric?

Actually the speculations can be wide and far, encompassing all the known groups and new ones. But that's all they are speculations.

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Has any group or persons come forward to claim the bkk bomb attacks and give their reasons for the attacks? One will think that's the norm and aftermath of such bomb attacks. Ain't no need for speculations. 

I'm just saying.

13 hours ago, tcp7 said:

As a French citizen, we have hordes (yes hordes) of algerians, morrocans, tunisians and whatnot from the african continent causing the same havoc everywhere they go, they get to travel on French passports then they cause havoc wherever they go. Like the supposedly french nut who stole a phone in Tukcom Pattaya a few weeks ago and tried to run away with it, French passport, French citizenship but algerian thief scumbag.

It has gotten bad in places such as Phuket to the point when I meet Thai people for the first time, I introduce myself this way "I'm farangset, no muslim", then the Thais understand they're dealing with a true Frenchman and in 9 cases out of 10, they turn from skeptics to friendly.

The mass immigration pouring into Europe is one of the top 2 reasons why I left France for Thailand, so I know exactly what you mean.

We definitely could use a Trump guy in Europe.

A racist guy living in thailand from selling girls i advise the security check for every so called frensh living in thailand because they are selling human and drug truffic

• Confused 2

Junta Chief and head of the NCPO General Prayuth was much easier to say than this guy's name.  Thinking forward, that'll be one helluva campaign poster for PM.  Vote for Apirat Kongwongadongpingpongcomealong...... the General you can trust! 

image.png.1bfb5b451dbd7e4e243b7575aafe3001.png