'Many killed' in shooting at Walmart in El Paso; suspect in custody

rooster59

3 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

But if murders are down by 50% for their high in the early 90s  and the percentage of those murders by guns has risen just a tad from that era, that means that the total number of homicides by guns is still way down from where it was. 

I'm not native English so maybe my understanding that homicide and murder are actually the same thing is wrong

'

So which part of "murder by firearm at all time high", is it that you don't comprehend?

Edited by ThePioneer

1 minute ago, ThePioneer said:

I'm not native English so maybe my understanding that homicide and murder are actually the same thing is wrong

'

So which part of "murder by firearm at all time high", is it that you don't comprehend?

It's not him, it's you not comprehending what you posted. Your graph is a little misleading. Murder by firearm is not at an all time high, the percentage of murders by firearm is at an all time high, assuming of course you believe the data.

3 minutes ago, ThePioneer said:

'

Because it's percentage of murders. Not the total number of murders. It simply has to be the case since murders have declined by almost 50 percent since their high in the early 90's. While the percentage of murder by firearms has risen only slightly from that time. The math can't be denied.. Here's another graph from that same article:

Murder rate per 100,000 people

13 minutes ago, ThePioneer said:

Yes you're right, but this thread about a SHOOTING, so I guess firearm was used.

Maybe you could also post the traffic deaths, as that would be as off topic as quoting homicide rates in this thread

His reply was a sound retort to your similarly irrelevant citation. Your chart is about the percentage of total murders committed that happened to have been committed with a gun, which has gone up. That is NOT the same thing as an increase in murders by gun. If you look at the two charts, the percentage of murders by gun was close to its recent bottom in the exact same time period that overall murder rate was at its absolute peak. Is that the glory period you want us to return to?

Edited by usviphotography
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, sirineou said:

This contribution was made a day before this incident,  At this point I support those who I hope will shape the narrative of this primary and help restore sanity and dignity to our country. 

I put my  money where my mouth is .

tom.png.74054e8bc72a9cec9c648c5a72d3db15.png

Money better spent on Yang's campaign but up to you.

1 minute ago, joecoolfrog said:

Oh please , what the hell good will prayers do.How many of these recent deaths were prevented by the last round of prayers , excuses and hand wringing ?

Bugger all. When Muslims blow up westerners we are told to hug a Muslim. When the NZ guy shot the Muslims in the mosque we were told to hug a muslim.

Obviously  the two recent events in the US are not Muslim related but the same principle applies...lets go pray...idiots.

Wake up and stop this crap. Why hasn't some one said it was all a mistake and the second amendment said the right to bare arms,  not the right to bear arms. The t shirt business alone would have made the USA the greatest economy on earth.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Karma dictates that every future victim of a mass shooting should be a freedom loving , constitution fearing, paid up member of the NRA.

Including ten year old boys and eight year old girls. Funny Karma in your world. Why does anyone deserve to die at the hand of a nutcase? I now deserve to die simply taking my grandchildren shopping? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, elephant45 said:

Another consideration is that the average citizen in the USA cannot even pay their rent/food/medical/car bills with the wages offered. Young people make the same wages as I did 40 years ago with no benefits.

That justifies mass murder?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Including ten year old boys and eight year old girls. Funny Karma in your world. Why does anyone deserve to die at the hand of a nutcase? I now deserve to die simply taking my grandchildren shopping? 

Nobody deserves to die , thats my point! However we are informed by some that the deaths are a price worth paying to preserve " freedom " , let them be the ones to pay.

54 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

The majority of the Americans are not really affect with all these mass shootings. 

They consider that it is simply the price to pay for the blessing of the existence of the Second Amendment. 

Yes im sure there will be a number of bereaved families counting their blessings today !

1 hour ago, luckyluke said:

The majority of the Americans are not really affect with all these mass shootings.

Oh yes, they are, because all students are checked for guns. And in the future everybody who wants to go shopping. Also many people feel unsafe.

Edited by CNXexpat
typo
  • Like 1

Posts that are nothing less than a lobbying attempt for campaigns and replies removed.   Continue to post in an off-topic manner and lobbying will earn a suspension.   From the rules:

5) You will not use Thaivisa as a platform to gather support to effect changes on religious, political, or governmental issues.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/terms/

A link to the shooter's manifesto had been made by the Drudge Report at www.drudgereport.com.

I, in no way, support the shooter's actions, but I do believe his manifesto should be read, at least. Many people died and were injured because of this young man's beliefs and actions - RIP

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

A link to the shooter's manifesto had been made by the Drudge Report at www.drudgereport.com.

I, in no way, support the shooter's actions, but I do believe his manifesto should be read, at least. Many people died and were injured because of this young man's beliefs and actions - RIP

No thanks.

https://www.businessinsider.com/age-brain-matures-at-everything-2017-11