'Many killed' in shooting at Walmart in El Paso; suspect in custody

rooster59

69 killed a few years ago in the tough gun law state Norway.  

I heard but regardless of where in the world extreme violence happens it’s still equally tragic. I really don’t want to get into that debate of who’s country is the most violent in the world.

I am watching this on the news right now a United States news channel and it just occurred to me that I’ve been to that same Walmart before in El Paso Texas. About 20 years ago when we were driving across country from the East Coast to Phoenix Arizona where I’m from originally when I was driving I-20 to I-10 which goes right through El Paso. When I was in the military whenever I was in the United States I was always assigned to the East Coast United States on Fort Bragg, North Carolina and up in the Washington, D.C./Baltimore Maryland area and I always loved just driving across the United States whenever I went on leave and visited my hometown on either I-40 which is a lot more scenic or on I-20 to I-10, and El Paso is just a really big bright city in the middle of the desert near the Mexican border. I remember back then that Walmart was just off the I-10 and it wasn’t yet a huge Mall as it is today. Anyway for now people really need to get behind the people of El Paso they’re gonna need a lot of support for years to come after this. I’m just thinking my God 20 people confirmed dead and 26 people wounded that means the bastard had time to shoot almost 50 people and the news is saying he used an AK-47 so that means he had to reload at least once probably more and had plenty of time. They said he surrendered peacefully probably because he was out of ammo by the time they responded I mean God why wasn’t he stopped sooner than that before he had a chance to fire off so many rounds.

Regardless just like someone said on the news who’s on the scene right now there are still dead bodies in the Walmart that are still laying dead on the floor that haven’t even been recovered yet as they conduct the crime scene investigation so the time for the political discussion is not yet. There are still dead bodies on the floor inside that Walmart in El Paso.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Becker said:

You didn't answer the question and I'm so not surprised.

You asked for an example, I gave you one. Expand a your horizon a bit and read a little and you will find hundreds of other prominent examples. You might then start to realize why it is Donald Trump was elected in the first place. 

I heard but regardless of where in the world extreme violence happens it’s still equally tragic. I really don’t want to get into that debate of who’s country is the most violent in the world.

I am watching this on the news right now a United States news channel and it just occurred to me that I’ve been to that same Walmart before in El Paso Texas. About 20 years ago when we were driving across country from the East Coast to Phoenix Arizona where I’m from originally when I was driving I-20 to I-10 which goes right through El Paso. When I was in the military whenever I was in the United States I was always assigned to the East Coast United States on Fort Bragg, North Carolina and up in the Washington, D.C./Baltimore Maryland area and I always loved just driving across the United States whenever I went on leave and visited my hometown on either I-40 which is a lot more scenic or on I-20 to I-10, and El Paso is just a really big bright city in the middle of the desert near the Mexican border. I remember back then that Walmart was just off the I-10 and it wasn’t yet a huge Mall as it is today. Anyway for now people really need to get behind the people of El Paso they’re gonna need a lot of support for years to come after this. I’m just thinking my God 20 people confirmed dead and 26 people wounded that means the bastard had time to shoot almost 50 people and the news is saying he used an AK-47 so that means he had to reload at least once probably more and had plenty of time. They said he surrendered peacefully probably because he was out of ammo by the time they responded I mean God why wasn’t he stopped sooner than that before he had a chance to fire off so many rounds.

Regardless just like someone said on the news who’s on the scene right now there are still dead bodies in the Walmart that are still laying dead on the floor that haven’t even been recovered yet as they conduct the crime scene investigation so the time for the political discussion is not yet. There are still dead bodies on the floor inside that Walmart in El Paso.

Oh God now there are reports on Fox News about a possible separate mass shooting at a nightclub in Dayton, Ohio that maybe in the process of occurring right now but no word on how bad that one is yet it’s not being talked about yet. I’m sure there are probably already reports about it online. Right now they’re still talking about El Paso that one is looking like it’s probably gonna be high on the list of the most horrible mass shootings for years to come. Ok damn it now they’re saying multiple fatalities at another shooting in Dayton, Ohio possibly still happening right now.

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

To be honest, everyday that i don't read hear about another shooting or massacre in US it's surprise me and it's a good day, no one can figure out what makes seeming normal people picking up a gun one day and going out on a murderous rampage...

Stressed out ex-Postal service worker?  That's a ref to the 1980s/90s in American history.  "Going postal".

Agreed though, you have to be in a very dark mental place to plan and then go carry out some sick s**t like this.  It's really out there, and I suspect the media coverage exacerbates it among the piles of weirdos; which the US has a lot of, and they roam freely for the most part. 

8 minutes ago, Sujo said:

I really wish some of the pro gun nuts and the take my guns over my dead body gang would replace those poor innocents that have been murdered.

Why?  If an armed Texas cowboy had been in that Walmart and shot that nut you would have no innocents dead.  

Another shooting massacre just happened in Dayton Ohio.

Ten killed. More to come on a new thread I suppose but why bother?

Thoughts and prayers, yada yada yada.

I was talking to a Thai person the other day who asked me if I was going to move back to America. I said too expensive. She said -- TOO DANGEROUS!

That says a lot.

Just now, marcusarelus said:

Why?  If an armed nut had been in that Walmart and shot that nut you would have no innocents dead.  

But there wasnt. So if that nut didnt have access to guns then no one would be dead.

If someone in there had a gun they would be crazy to use it as they could be mistaken for the shooter.

Only a nut would think more guns solves the problem. Its been said for years but obviously it hasnt worked.

Give everyone rocket launchers. Should be no problem with that. ????

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

Didn't have a problem in France.  Do they have less gun control or Norway?

How many mass shootings in Norway and France during the last 5, 10, 20 years? But hey, the second one in the US during 24 hours. What a safe country https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/04/us/dayton-ohio-active-shooter/index.html

43 minutes ago, Roadman said:

And another mass shooting occuring right now in Dayton, Ohio.

CNN is reporting nine dead, 16 wounded, shooter dead.

May not be enough "thoughts and prayers" for the weekend? And we've still got a Sunday to get through.

Happened at a bar so maybe someone jilted/fired/replaced by a robot, rather than a manifesto type?

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

What I was claiming was Australia giving up guns did not stop violence and it has nothing to do with democracy or fascism.  Democracy means giving the people a vote if they want guns or not.  Fascism means taking away the guns of the people you are going to gas.

So taking away guns leads to people being gassed??? 

Oh, why do I even bother.... 

9 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

How many mass shootings in Norway and France during the last 5, 10, 20 years? But hey, the second one in the US during 24 hours. What a safe country https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/04/us/dayton-ohio-active-shooter/index.html

I didn't say America was safe.  I also understand the idea here is not to discuss the problem but to post anti American stuff.  

3 minutes ago, Becker said:

Who said that.  The poster said Democracy was taking away guns and Fascism was keeping guns.

I said Democracy was asking people if they wanted to keep guns and Fascism was taking away guns before they gassed them as was done in Germany.

I don't know why you bother.  Get your facts straight and come back and become a reasonable poster. 

PS.  Don't you think Americans should vote on Gun Control?  

2 minutes ago, Becker said:

I agree with u. Some people are beyond help.

Its really quite obvious. Australia taking away guns may not have reduced crime but it reduced what it meant to reduce, mass shootings.

There is no gun culture in oz so robberies and assaults dont usually emd with a death. Police stopping you doesnt end with you being shot because police dont assume you are armed.

Gun nuts in the US has caused police to act as if everyone has a gun and it puts them on edge and everyone else in danger.

But hey, as long as you have a gun in case the govt wants to get you then its open season.

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

I agree with u. Some people are beyond help.

Its really quite obvious. Australia taking away guns may not have reduced crime but it reduced what it meant to reduce, mass shootings.

There is no gun culture in oz so robberies and assaults dont usually emd with a death. Police stopping you doesnt end with you being shot because police dont assume you are armed.

Gun nuts in the US has caused police to act as if everyone has a gun and it puts them on edge and everyone else in danger.

But hey, as long as you have a gun in case the govt wants to get you then its open season.

Do you think Americans should vote on gun control?

3 minutes ago, Gulfsailor said:

Uhm, you just gave 4 examples where shootings happened in the first place because of the current gun laws in the US. In counties with strict gun laws arguments are not resolved by grabbing a gun and to start shooting. Some fists may be flying and that’s that.  

There are quite a few more guns than people in America.  Why would they have a fist fight?  Plus I said, "A lot more google  "shootings prevented by private citizen with gun"

BTW Gulfsailor, have you ever been attacked by pirates?  I have 1968.  Had an M-79.  

RELATED:

Ten people, including one suspect, killed in Dayton, Ohio shooting

(Reuters) - Ten people, including one suspect, were killed early on Sunday in a shooting in Dayton, Ohio, and at least 16 others were taken to hospitals with injuries, police said.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1115770-ten-people-including-one-suspect-killed-in-dayton-ohio-shooting/

3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

In Chicago earlier this year, an Uber driver with a concealed-carry permit “shot and wounded a gunman [Everardo Custodio] who opened fire on a crowd of people.”

2. In a Philadelphia barber shop earlier this year, Warren Edwards “opened fire on customers and barbers” after an argument. Another man with a concealed-carry permit then shot the shooter;

3. In a hospital near Philadelphia, in 2014, Richard Plotts shot and killed the psychiatric caseworker with whom he was meeting, and shot and wounded his psychiatrist, Lee Silverman. Silverman shot back, and took down Plotts.

4. In Plymouth, Pa., in 2012, William Allabaugh killed one man and wounded another following an argument over Allabaugh being ejected from a bar. Allabaugh then approached a bar manager and Mark Ktytor and reportedly pointed his gun at them; Ktytor, who had a concealed-carry license, then shot Allabaugh.

A lot more google  "shootings prevented by private citizen with gun"

You cite instances where the gunman opened fire first, two of those instances he had killed...

Today we see two instances where at least 29 people have lost their lives, where were the Uber drivers, the bar owners, the psychiatrists and others with concealed guns to protect them???

Do you not consider it better to control those that have guns in the first place.

14 minutes ago, chokrai said:

If you do why are you talking about selling automatic weapons then?  Yes I do know what  bump stocks are. 

I was answering your question, "do you know the difference between semi auto and automatic" and told you why in no longer matters.  If you knew what a bump stock was you would understand.

3 hours ago, ExpatOne said:

Before “we” act? Step one would be for YOU to go to America and try to start a petition or something? Maybe try to start a group of some kind that people can be a part of for protesting? Case studies you can present to Congress on why guns are bad? 

But, you won’t do that. Because like the rest of us, you want someone else to deal with the problem so you can continue living your normal life. 

This contribution was made a day before this incident,  At this point I support those who I hope will shape the narrative of this primary and help restore sanity and dignity to our country. 

I put my  money where my mouth is .

tom.png.74054e8bc72a9cec9c648c5a72d3db15.png

18 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Who said that.  The poster said Democracy was taking away guns and Fascism was keeping guns.

I said Democracy was asking people if they wanted to keep guns and Fascism was taking away guns before they gassed them as was done in Germany.

I don't know why you bother.  Get your facts straight and come back and become a reasonable poster. 

PS.  Don't you think Americans should vote on Gun Control?  

"I said Democracy was asking people if they wanted to keep guns and Fascism was taking away guns before they gassed them as was done in Germany."

Link: Nazi gun control argument

"PS.  Don't you think Americans should vote on Gun Control?"

Yes, I do.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-florida-shooting-anniversary-poll/americans-support-gun-control-but-doubt-lawmakers-will-act-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKCN1PX11I

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1645/guns.aspx

24 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

There are quite a few more guns than people in America.  Why would they have a fist fight?  Plus I said, "A lot more google  "shootings prevented by private citizen with gun"

BTW Gulfsailor, have you ever been attacked by pirates?  I have 1968.  Had an M-79.  

Where was this? Off the coast of Main?

3 minutes ago, Becker said:

"I said Democracy was asking people if they wanted to keep guns and Fascism was taking away guns before they gassed them as was done in Germany."

Its highly unlikely that the USA would start gassing its people , if they didnt have any guns

Archived