'Many killed' in shooting at Walmart in El Paso; suspect in custody

rooster59

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i believe the US constitution is a great work. but tell me why the cruel and unusual punishment has to exist? why not wrap these guys up when they are apprehended, no tv coverage, no infamy. take them off to a very bad place, where very bad things happen to them. 

i bet there would not be any more mass shootings after that. 

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

It's safe to assume that there were people in the Walmart who had weapons, yet they didn't prevent the killing.  If anything they complicated the police response.

Actually it's not safe to assume anything. Internet images can be horribly misleading and are widely used for that express purpose.

A better but still shaky assumption, no one shot back in all that time, thus that Wallmart was not frequented by gun toting types.

I'm purposefully not calling anyone out, but I feel like I have to post something after yesterday's shootings. When I see people post things like "This is war," or "All the hate from Trump and his followers causes people to become shooters!" It makes me wonder... Don't people realize that the hate coming from BOTH sides influences violence? As a country, we have eliminated morals from schools. We argue that religion should not be anywhere but in churches. We say those who believe differently than we do aren't only wrong, but evil. We claim that those with different opinions are racist, homophobic, Islamophobic, insert group-ist. We teach them that differences of opinion should be shut down at any cost through any means necessary, even violence. We have eliminated the ability of children, who become adults, to use critical thinking; to know right from wrong; to treat others with respect; to be the best we can be. Instead, kids, who become adults, are taught that THEY are the only thing that matters. That they are better than others. That if they believe something, it's TRUE. That there is no such thing as right or wrong, but what they FEEL is the only thing that matters. Just label anything you disagree with as hate, and voila! violence is justified. This debate shouldn't be about inanimate objects. It should be about how we teach our children to think for themselves; that nearly every argument has other viewpoints; that actions have consequences; and that other people, no matter who they are, have value.

9 minutes ago, meand said:

i believe the US constitution is a great work. but tell me why the cruel and unusual punishment has to exist? why not wrap these guys up when they are apprehended, no tv coverage, no infamy. take them off to a very bad place, where very bad things happen to them. 

i bet there would not be any more mass shootings after that. 

I doubt it. These people have accepted that their life is over before they even pull the trigger.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Open carry in Texas (walMart and Target)...

Yee-haw.

target-open-carry-1-630.jpg

84370272.jpg

target-open-carry-4-630.jpg

535775_384343125001058_1418678438_n.jpg

wondering how these same persons would react if other black male customers entered the supermarket carrying weapons as well   

5 minutes ago, Opl said:

wondering how these same persons would react if other black male customers entered the supermarket as armed as they are..   

Very racist comment. The last people in line, next to last image, are clearly not your white supremacists.

3 minutes ago, rabas said:

Very racist comment. The last people in line, next to last image, are clearly not your white supremacists.

Your comment is not an answer to my question - I rephrase for you : how would these same persons - good guys - react if other customers - black males - good guys too - entered the supermarket carrying arms?   

28 minutes ago, Opl said:
35 minutes ago, rabas said:

Your comment is not an answer to my question - I rephrase for you : how would these same persons - good guys - react if other customers - black males - good guys too - entered the supermarket carrying arms?   

Black 'males' ?

I give up. Why would anyone react differently?

Edit:I am talking about Texas supermarkets. I wouldn't be surprised to see a black guy with a weapon and a white girl with a weapon, holding hands. You may be talking about other situations.

I am all about selectivity when releasing information surrounding these incidents ..., all the details do not need to be divulged to everyone..., releasing 'all' the information simply gives these people and organisations exactly what they crave the most..., it's why they commit these crimes against humanity - publicity !
Surely good people would 'get' the reason why it's not a good thing to promote the perpetrators cause or the method that perpetrator or organisation chose to use to enact their heinous actions ? By releasing 'all' of the information surrounding these acts the media simply 'helps' in the promotion of further acts of this nature.

Just a little bit more that a 'missionary position' imagination is all it would take...., 

Unless of course political hay can be made from it...

18 hours ago, Uptooyoo said:

Advocating for 'less whiteness' in America smacks of racism. So, you would give preference to people based on skin color rather than the content of their character? Are you for race-based immigration over merit based? Are you carrying so much white-guilt and self-hatred that you'd support a political party that would 'de-elevate' a person's position in life solely because they are white---guilty for lacking skin pigment, and thus, undeserving, even though they put in the hard work, got the degree, and became successful?

I suppose all of the credit for the great inventions of the last century were undeserving too, You probably think the moon landings were faked too, just a ruse to make the white guys look great, so therefore, "is highly suspect." If what you are advocating for comes to pass, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Not at all. You completely missed my point. If anything, I am taking responsibility for the horrendous acts that people of my race commit, regularly. And I am saying that with all of the race baiting going on, nobody is really discussing the culpability of the white man, are they? I cannot be accused of racism. Don't you see? I am white. I can say anything about my people, and accusing me of racism towards them is simply infantile and baiting. I am not saying there are not great white people out there. Just saying some of them are nasty and foul, just like with any other race. Trump is doing plenty of advocating for less whiteness in America. I am not required for that task. 

21 hours ago, Becker said:

And how many mass shootings has that country seen in its history?

21 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

The killer is Patrick Crusius, a 21 years old white anti-immigrant male who posted an online manifesto using racist rhetoric against Hispanics.

And you think this doesn't directly relate to that clown of a POTUS........??????

In Texas gunman's manifesto, an echo of Trump's language...

At campaign rallies before last year's midterm elections, President Donald Trump repeatedly warned that America was under attack by immigrants heading for the border. "You look at what is marching up, that is an invasion!" he declared at one rally. "That is an invasion!"

Nine months later, a 21-year-old white man is accused of opening fire in a Walmart in El Paso, Texas killing 20 people and injuring dozens more after writing a manifesto railing against immigration and announcing that "this attack is a response to the Hispanic invasion of Texas."

Trump and his support of the NRA, as well as the Republicans blocking of new gun laws, absolutely reeks of stupidity and the need for the support of this bunch of tunnel-visioned people. 

And if the implication of what Trump said in the quote above isn't clear enough, then something is seriously wrong. 

In Texas gunman.docx

And you think this doesn't directly relate to that clown of a POTUS........??????

In Texas gunman's manifesto, an echo of Trump's language...

At campaign rallies before last year's midterm elections, President Donald Trump repeatedly warned that America was under attack by immigrants heading for the border. "You look at what is marching up, that is an invasion!" he declared at one rally. "That is an invasion!"

Nine months later, a 21-year-old white man is accused of opening fire in a Walmart in El Paso, Texas killing 20 people and injuring dozens more after writing a manifesto railing against immigration and announcing that "this attack is a response to the Hispanic invasion of Texas."

Trump and his support of the NRA, as well as the Republicans blocking of new gun laws, absolutely reeks of stupidity and the need for the support of this bunch of tunnel-visioned people. 

And if the implication of what Trump said in the quote above isn't clear enough, then something is seriously wrong. 

Yes, clearly all these shootings started with Trump.

The decline of race relations were during the Obama administration. If anything, we have President Obama, Eric Holder and the left-wing press to thank as much as anyone.

3 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Yes, clearly all these shootings started with Trump.

The decline of race relations were during the Obama administration. If anything, we have President Obama, Eric Holder and the left-wing press to thank as much as anyone.

Point missed..........this event and others can be directly sheeted back to trumps racist rhetoric.

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Open carry in Texas (walMart and Target)...

Yee-haw.

target-open-carry-1-630.jpg

84370272.jpg

target-open-carry-4-630.jpg

535775_384343125001058_1418678438_n.jpg

Yeah, bad ideas, especially image #3 - she should at least buy a holster. And bad tats as well in one case.

IMHO, Walmart/Target should disallow this behavior and station an armed guard at each entrance with metal detectors. Of course, the down want to lose customers and incur more costs, do they?

2 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I doubt it. These people have accepted that their life is over before they even pull the trigger.

i am not talking about the death penalty. 

i do not believe the framers of the constitution could possibly foresee there would be a mass shooting every week. if they could, i bet they would have had no problem allowing for some very cruel, and very unusual punishments, especially since it would probably save thousands of innocent people each year. 

26 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Yes, you missed the point indeed.

Can't get much clearer than this......

Trump repeatedly warned that America was under attack by immigrants heading for the border. "You look at what is marching up, that is an invasion!" he declared at one rally. "That is an invasion!"

The pickle-head of a president can't be that stupid as to not know that there will be other idiots like him who will act on his hateful words........but then again he has been proven to be stupid by his inane ramblings. So perhaps too stupid to know he's stupid?

2 hours ago, Opl said:

Why must you always assume racism?  

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

Nine months later, a 21-year-old white man is accused of opening fire in a Walmart in El Paso, Texas killing 20 people

Have they released the racial details of the victims.

Seems to me a white supremacist would only kill non-whites, while a random madman would kill anyone in front of him.

Until we know who the victims were, it's a bit soon to pronounce judgement on his reasons.

Most US shooters are just randomly crazy.

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Seems to me a white supremacist would only kill non-whites, while a random madman would kill anyone in front of him.

Until we know who the victims were, it's a bit soon to pronounce judgement on his reasons.

Randomly crazy?? As opposed to what - methodically crazy? 

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

In his manifesto he clearly stated that he was.......

"railing against immigration and announcing that "this attack is a response to the Hispanic invasion of Texas."

He gave his reasons, and possibly shot a few "others" during his rampage. 

Randomly crazy?? As opposed to what - methodically crazy? 

No definitely very insane with something wrong in his little brain but yes extremely methodical normal people aren’t even supposed to think like that. He was funneling innocent people into choke points so he could shoot them easier and faster. The only people who actually should think like that is the military and maybe the police so they can catch these people. Then some other nutcase in Ohio was watching the news and probably doing something else at the same time decided that he’d finally go out and shoot a bunch of people as well because he was already probably thinking about it and planning it for a long time so he picked the same day I guess for the notoriety or whatever these people are thinking when they finally decide to do something terrible.

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm guessing the shooter wouldn't have lasted long in this store.

Carrying a gun doesn't turn you into a hero. 

It's a safe bet that several of the customers in the Walmart carried guns yet no one went Rambo on the shooter. 

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

One could argue that killing members of other tribes isn't crazy, but a natural biological survival characteristic.

And one could argue that that's an argument only made by people with mental problems. 

Archived