'Many killed' in shooting at Walmart in El Paso; suspect in custody

rooster59

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And understanding the how could something like this happen is also very important. But I’m not getting into all the right wing left wing crap and discussing why America is so violent with everyone especially with people who have never lived there or really with anyone, at least not while they are still picking up bodies at least.

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

So perhaps we should move ahead with building the wall and improving border security rather than having the left sabotage everything the President is trying to do.

Or you guys can keep stirring up the animosity and dividing the country.

Jeez.....that has to be the most laughable yet screwed up post on the thread!!!

Improving border security won't help those immigrants already in the US, and the racist rhetoric from the orange clown will ensure more deaths occur. Border security has nothing to do with the nationalist/racist element that this clown appeals to.

This clown has said he will veto any move to improve the gun laws to make the US safer.......and you say the left are sabotaging what this clown is trying to do???? He is the problem because he is in the pocket of the NRA.

As for dividing the country..........he is the most divisive president you have had by far, polls and feedback show it and as if that wasn't enough he is just plain dumb:-

A few Trump memorable quotes: (And you voted this clown in????).........

In his speech Trump claimed, “the 1775 revolutionary army 'took over airports'. Dumb or no functioning brain?

Inventing a new word…….CORFEFE.

We could do with some ‘global warming” when the weather became cold in a few US states. Yeah right. Absolutely no understanding of that whatsoever.

“I even thought of Ivanka for the World Bank,” he added. “She would’ve been great at that because she’s very good with numbers. Now how dumb is that?

Then there's his reference to the Prince of Whales. And many more.

You have got a dumb, racist idiot as a leader and it is plain for all to see (apart from those who are so blind that they will not see). 

Improving border security won't help those immigrants already in the US, and the racist rhetoric from the orange clown will ensure more deaths occur. Border security has nothing to do with the nationalist/racist element that this clown appeals to.

This clown has said he will veto any move to improve the gun laws to make the US safer.......and you say the left are sabotaging what this clown is trying to do???? He is the problem because he is in the pocket of the NRA.

As for dividing the country..........he is the most divisive president you have had by far, polls and feedback show it and as if that wasn't enough he is just plain dumb:-

In his speech Trump claimed, “the 1775 revolutionary army 'took over airports'. Dumb or no functioning brain?

We could do with some ‘global warming” when the weather became cold in a few US states. Yeah right. Absolutely no understanding of that whatsoever.

“I even thought of Ivanka for the World Bank,” he added. “She would’ve been great at that because she’s very good with numbers. Now how dumb is that?

You have got a dumb, racist idiot as a leader and it is plain for all to see (apart from those who are so blind that they will not see). 

You see you all this is exactly what kind of bull BS I’m talking about is posts like this and then I just kind of eventually stop reading them.

4 minutes ago, Mel52 said:

You see you all this is exactly what kind of bull BS I’m talking about is posts like this and then I just kind of eventually stop reading them.

Then don't. 

The old thoughts and prayers, don't talk about the issues right away noise, is totally PASSE.

That happened after Parkland.

The friends of the student victims clearly said -- let's talk about it and do something about it -- RIGHT NOW. 

That was some kind of progress but so far very little in results. 

Then don't. 
The old thoughts and prayers, don't talk about the issues right away noise, is totally PASSE.
The friends of the student victims clearly said -- let's talk about it and do something about it -- RIGHT NOW. 

And yet another one of those bull sh;I posts that have nothing to do with anything that make me think “oh God here we go again with more nonsense”.

Just now, Mel52 said:

And yet another one of those bull sh;I posts that have nothing to do with anything that make me think “oh God here we go again with more nonsense”.

All I can say to you at this point is that the Ignore List is your friend. 

All I can say to you at this point is that the Ignore List is your friend. 

Obviously people want something done about it now and I’m sure you probably have all the answers right we’ll solve all the problems of the world on Thai Visas.

8 minutes ago, Mel52 said:

No-one is making you read them, and much truth in my post!

Unfettered illegal immigration puts a strain on social programs and puts downward pressure on wages, primarily the working poor, the demographic many immigrants (and most illegal aliens) fall into, so controlling the border will absolutely help immigrants.

I understand you hate Trump and blame him for everything, but I see the left dividing the county, not Trump.

Country’s been pretty divided as long as I remember, but I’m my opinion, it was under the Obama administration where it really accelerated.

You think that claiming everyone that supports Trump is a racist is rally going to bring the country together?

1 minute ago, Mel52 said:

Obviously people want something done about it now and I’m sure you probably have all the answers right we’ll solve all the problems of the world on Thai Visas.

This is a forum for points of view and discussion and there will ALWAYS be differing opinions........that's what they are here for!

Then don't. 

So the obvious answer is let’s ban all guns right now right? Sure ok fine if that would actually work right now but it won’t because what about the billions of guns that are already out there and have been for years? What do we do about it right now? Right now at the moment the fastest things we can do is beef up security and focus harder on mental health throughout the world especially in some people on this forum. Then as time goes on and yes sooner the better we have the gun control debate but while they are still picking up dead bodies off the ground we can at least wait till we mourn first jeez.

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

Unfettered illegal immigration puts a strain on social programs and puts downward pressure on wages, primarily the working poor, the demographic many immigrants (and most illegal aliens) fall into, so controlling the border will absolutely help immigrants.

I understand you hate Trump and blame him for everything, but I see the left dividing the county, not Trump.

Country’s been pretty divided as long as I remember, but I’m my opinion, it was under the Obama administration where it really accelerated.

You think that claiming everyone that supports Trump is a racist is rally going to bring the country together?

Well at least I agree with some aspects of your post inasmuch as unfettered illegal immigration will put pressure on wages and this should be curtailed, but a wall/walls have not been successful.......there has to be a better way.

I don't blame Trump for everything because he cannot help being dumb/stupid, that is just what/who he is, and someone with the intelligence of a pickled squid cannot make intelligent decisions, as has been proven in his quotes.

Trump is driving the country apart and that is so obvious in much of what he says.......and the world press and neutrals can see it, but his supporters can't. 

What makes me mad is how when something terrible happens especially in America people just start saying with that little smirk on their faces how terrible and violent America is. People like some of the people on here that I’ve read posts from before that are always the first to jump up and shout something stupid.

Well at least I agree with some aspects of your post inasmuch as unfettered illegal immigration will put pressure on wages and this should be curtailed, but a wall/walls have not been successful.......there has to be a better way.

I don't blame Trump for everything because he cannot help being dumb/stupid, that is just what/who he is, and someone with the intelligence of a pickled squid cannot make intelligent decisions, as has been proven in his quotes.

Trump is driving the country apart and that is so obvious in much of what he says.......and the world press and neutrals can see it, but his supporters can't. 

Can you explain how it is that walls don’t work?

So the obvious answer is let’s ban all guns right now right? Sure ok fine if that would actually work right now but it won’t because what about the billions of guns that are already out there and have been for years? What do we do about it right now? Right now at the moment the fastest things we can do is beef up security and focus harder on mental health throughout the world especially in some people on this forum. Then as time goes on and yes sooner the better we have the gun control debate but while they are still picking up dead bodies off the ground we can at least wait till we mourn first jeez.

And this is exactly why I don’t like discussing the politics of a national tragedy. So I am done reading all this nonsense because now I’m doing it to I’m feeding into this bs. This is exactly what the ass holes who do these things want us to do and we do and it continues on an endless cycle of these nuts who just want people talking about what they did.

8 minutes ago, Mel52 said:

Right now at the moment the fastest things we can do is beef up security and focus harder on mental health throughout the world

Fastest things.........beef up security and focus on mental health. If those are the fastest things we can do then there is absolutely no hope!!!

Gun control is a quick way and far faster than your suggestions, but the Repubs and NRA veto it!! Go figure!

Right now at the moment the fastest things we can do is beef up security and focus harder on mental health throughout the world

Fastest things.........beef up security and focus on mental health. If those are the fastest things we can do then there is absolutely no hope!!!

Gun control is a quick way and far faster than your suggestions, but the Repubs and NRA veto it!! Go figure!

Thank you so much for making my point which is that you don’t have all the answers and guess what neither do I that’s why I don’t like to discuss the politics of it. But the why and how is an important question.

36 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Trump does not have much of a brain.  No one disputes that but what does it have to do with Gun Control.  Clinton couldn't get it or Obama.  Want to know why?  The President does not make law that's the congress.  Trump would not have the cohones to veto a bill on gun control.  But the people responsible for making laws are the congress.  Might be an idea to find out a bit about American lawmaking before posting. 

You mean like Fast & Furious?

That actually would have been a decent idea if they had not have lost track of the damn guns because the cartels are going to get their guns from somewhere. Operation fast and furious was supposed to be a way of tracking them but that plan failed miserably.

6 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Republicans and NRA don't have veto power and the Democrats in the congress don't have the balls to write legislation.  You  must not be an American because you know nothing about our legal system.  

Thank you so much for making my point which is that you don’t have all the answers and guess what neither do I that’s why I don’t like to discuss the politics of it. But the why and how is an important question.

Welcome back!

Republicans and NRA don't have veto power and the Democrats in the congress don't have the balls to write legislation.  You  must not be an American because you know nothing about our legal system.  

Exactly thank you

5 minutes ago, balo said:

US is one of the few countries in the world where you have to look over your shoulder, even inside a shopping mall. I feel much safer in Thailand. 

Scary in America is a matter of race.  Many towns are not welcoming for whites or blacks. 

US is one of the few countries in the world where you have to look over your shoulder, even inside a shopping mall. I feel much safer in Thailand. 

I visit the the US several times a year and I never feel like looking over my shoulder.

Where do you go in the US?

You’re not on the pipe are you?

Scary in America is a matter of race.  Many towns are not welcoming for whites or blacks. 

You would think that a lot of these Europeans and Australians would at least understand how diverse America really is. Even some Americans I don’t think truly understand that.

18 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Can you explain how it is that walls don’t work?

History will help you......

·  The idea of throwing up a border wall to prevent incomers is pretty old and has never worked very well.

History is adorned with famous walls, from the Sumerian Wall of Mardu 4,000 years ago onward, and the moments their defensive pretensions collapsed. The ruins today remind us that using a wall to prevent incursions is the oldest and weakest idea in the arsenal of the state—one reason why almost nobody has tried to make them work for the last thousand years.

·  It is lost to history whether Hadrian, Qin Shi Huang or Nikita Khrushchev ever uttered, “I will build a wall.”

But build they did, and what happened? The history of walls — to keep people out or in — is also the history of people managing to get around, over and under them. Some come tumbling down.

·  The classic example is the Great Wall of China. Imposing and remarkably durable, yes, yet it didn’t block various nomadic tribes from the north. History is full of examples of engineering thwarted by goal-oriented rank amateurs.

Throughout history, no wall has offered 100 percent impermeability. No matter how sturdy or big the wall, humans will figure out ingenious ways to get through, under, or over it. Somebody tell the president.

5 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

Yeah, bad ideas, especially image #3 - she should at least buy a holster. And bad tats as well in one case.

IMHO, Walmart/Target should disallow this behavior and station an armed guard at each entrance with metal detectors. Of course, the down want to lose customers and incur more costs, do they?

perhaps walmart dosen,t want guns being left unattended in cars parked outside unattended.

Archived