'Many killed' in shooting at Walmart in El Paso; suspect in custody

rooster59

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, simple1 said:

trump has run a constant refrain echoing aspects of White Supremacist ideology and division within society. Whilst trump cannot be held personally liable he certainly has not been a conduit for lessening tensions and addressing hateful conspiracy theories.

https://newsone.com/3883517/el-paso-shooter-patrick-crusius/

More myths, he has never mentioned so called white supremacy, that IS a hateful conspiracy theory. It's the leftist democrats who constantly bang on about race, not the President. Democrats need the black vote without it they are sunk so perpetuate the racist victim narrative and stoke up fear of 'white supremacy'.

Tough nut to crack...easy thing is say tighter gun control but nutters are most often not using legal means to acquire

Also the shear volume in the US ( Like trying to outlaw sand on a beach) is another tough one because even if it became illegal to own any firearm tomorrow the nutters would still have their choice thru illegal venues.

But......

When crazy comes to town he "may" be wielding a gun ( assault weapon is a sound bite...it is still a one trigger pull one shot weapon)

But crazy does not always shoot a gun...sometimes he drives a truck thru a crowd. or mixes fertilizer with fuel & kills 168 people and injured over 680 others with one bomb

Crazy is a mad dog with rabies only real hope is to recognize it asap & kill it as quick as possible

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

To be honest, everyday that i don't read hear about another shooting or massacre in US it's surprise me and it's a good day, no one can figure out what makes seeming normal people picking up a gun one day and going out on a murderous rampage...

It’s not simply ‘seemingly normal

people’, it is by a wide margin white, right wing men.

2 minutes ago, mania said:

Tough nut to crack...easy thing is say tighter gun control but nutters are most often not using legal means to acquire

Also the shear volume in the US ( Like trying to outlaw sand on a beach) is another tough one because even if it became illegal to own any firearm tomorrow the nutters would still have their choice thru illegal venues.

But......

When crazy comes to town he "may" be wielding a gun ( assault weapon is a sound bite...it is still a one trigger pull one shot weapon)

But crazy does not always shoot a gun...sometimes he drives a truck thru a crowd. or mixes fertilizer with fuel & kills 168 people and injured over 680 others with one bomb

Crazy is a mad dog with rabies only real hope is to recognize it asap & kill it as quick as possible

a list of NRA talking points

50 minutes ago, sirineou said:

it is reported that the weapon used was a AK-47-style assault rifle. Why does anyone need such a weapon? 

How many lives must be lost so that boys can have toys?

I had a semi automatic,a little M1, made by general motors in 1942 I handed it in in the oz buy back.My thoughts at the time and now we're why do I need this the only regret was ,it  was a somewhat historical weapon.

19 minutes ago, chokrai said:

It is not a fact just because you keep saying it is a fact.

Uhaaaaa just listen to him speak a rational human would draw the same conclusion and the vast majority here believe he is a rasist sooooo it’s not just me he is what he is

Instead of telling people to go back to their own country perhaps trump should try to fix his own.

im sure if this was a muslim shooter he would be quick on the twitter button demanding a muslim ban. Wish he was just as quick to demand a gun ban.

The US is a lost cause, destroying itself from within by religiously following a document hundreds of years old.

39 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

More myths, he has never mentioned so called white supremacy, that IS a hateful conspiracy theory. It's the leftist democrats who constantly bang on about race, not the President. Democrats need the black vote without it they are sunk so perpetuate the racist victim narrative and stoke up fear of 'white supremacy'.

LOL - Nothing quite like using Breitbart and similar as your source of truth. 

3 hours ago, riclag said:

Act! How! Mental competency screening for every citizen who has a  license! Should Americans walk into the police station upon demand and hand over their weapons! Maybe stop making and selling ak's!  Than there is the question of other weapons! What was this guys motive! That has to be determined first,act on that!

NO GUNS for everybody like every other country who don't have this problem. How hard is it to understand?

I know alot of gun rights advocates do not like hearing this, but I consider the NRA to be the leading terrorist organization in the US, in that they sponsor the right to bear as many arms as you can afford, without rhyme or reason, and regardless of the type of arms. It is one thing to be able to protect yourself. But, nobody needs to own 17 weapons. And the easy access and availability of weapons in the US, no doubt contributes greatly to the mass killings. I am fine with the right to bear arms. Within reason. Background checks need to be tightened dramatically, and gun shows need to be eliminated entirely. 

There were more mass murders in the US in 2019, than there were days in the year so far. 

aturday’s shooting in El Paso, Texas, is the 249th mass shooting incident this year, according to the Gun Violence Archive. The Archive defines a mass shooting as four or more victims injured or killed excluding the perpetrator in one location.

https://www.keranews.org/post/el-paso-shooting-249th-mass-shooting-2019

2 hours ago, Credo said:

Here's a bit more on the alleged shooter:

El Paso Shooter Identified Online As Trump Supporter Who Didn’t Like ‘Race Mixing’

Patrick Crusius allegedly left behind a racist manifesto before killing at least 15 people at Cielo Vista Mall.

The suspect in a deadly mass shooting at a shopping mall in El Paso, Texas, on Saturday was widely identified on the internet as a young white man whose social media activity showed support and sympathy for the president’s apparent white nationalist agenda. The name and photos of a man purported to be Patrick Crusius quickly circulated across Twitter in the hours after the shooting that first began outside a Walmart store at Cielo Vista Mall was first reported. If those reports were accurate, Crusius, allegedly a Texas native, just turned 21 last week.

https://newsone.com/3883517/el-paso-shooter-patrick-crusius/

guess he is not a member of "a well regulated malita" and a poor student of texas history, texas was hispanic before the white migration.

Though I am a moderate democrat, I not only support the death penalty, but I say in cases like this one, where there were multiple witnesses, and at least four deaths, eliminate the need for a trial altogether, have a small tribunal pronounce a sentence of death within 48 hours of the event, and take the perpetrator off the face of the earth. It ends up costing the state a few thousand dollars, instead of tens of millions per death, in California, due to a decades long appeal process. If the burden of proof is this simple, why not just do it? Clean up America. 

And I have said it before, and I will say it again. White American men, are the scariest and most dangerous people in the country. Most mass murders are committed by them, and an awful lot of them are insane and unhinged, and full of hatred. I say that as a white American man. 

White men have been committing atrocities around the world for millenia. Columbus himself was a good example. He wrote back to Spain, about how docile the locals were, and how ripe for slavery they were. Is that the expression of dignity? Cortez is another great example of a white terrorist. White men are capable of committing some horrendous act of murder, genocide, and cruelty. 

Archived