'Many killed' in shooting at Walmart in El Paso; suspect in custody

rooster59

28 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Apparently you have never shopped at Walmart. The last thing in the world that would make me feel safe is those bozos being armed.

1 hour ago, geoffbezoz said:

all store check-out operatives should be armed with automatic weapons to deter other attacks.

Stop misquoting me or taking part of a quote completely out of context to suit your own agenda.

This is what I said;

"Well can't wait for Trump's reply again on this, yet another American massacre.  Rather than liquidating the NRA and ban shooting for pleasure, no doubt he will say, along with the NRA, all store check-out operatives should be armed with automatic weapons to deter other attacks"

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Stop misquoting me or taking part of a quote completely out of context to suit your own agenda.

This is what I said;

"Well can't wait for Trump's reply again on this, yet another American massacre.  Rather than liquidating the NRA and ban shooting for pleasure, no doubt he will say, along with the NRA, all store check-out operatives should be armed with automatic weapons to deter other attacks"

But would your idea deter other attacks? It might make them worse.

8 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

My agenda was to make an early morning joke at the expense of Walmart workers... sorry to offend you! ????

Just now, mikebike said:

My agenda was to make a joke at the expense of Walmart workers... sorry to offend you! ????

Just now, mikebike said:

My agenda was to make a joke at the expense of Walmart workers... sorry to offend you! ????

I actually think that where there is an incident that resulted in 20 deaths, some of them children along with 26 injuries, it would be prudent to save the jokes to a later date. Further, we dont not know at this time if any of those Walmart staff you stated you joked about were any of the victims.

1 hour ago, mikebike said:

My agenda was to make an early morning joke at the expense of Walmart workers... sorry to offend you! ????

The left are not known for their sense of humour. Very thin skin. BTW I got the joke. Nice one... but a bit naughty!

7 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

I actually think that where there is an incident that resulted in 20 deaths, some of them children along with 26 injuries, it would be prudent to save the jokes to a later date. Further, we dont not know at this time if any of those Walmart staff you stated you joked about were any of the victims.

Thanks for the sanctimony. What have you done for the victims? Apart from make PC criticisms? I guess you sleep better now.  Perhaps you dont understand that humour is an essential part of dealing with tragedy. Its a defense mechanism. 

9 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

555 Truth hurts. Many Democrats were part of the hanging and lynching mob even in my lifetime. Try reading a book sometime. And cut out the obscene language. Use the trash talk after the Dems lose the next election.  Its simple. The USA is a democracy.  You dont want a democracy. You think you are superior.  You are not.

What does any of that have to do with the tragedy that occurred today and the current rhetoric from the president that gives license to it?

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

Stop trying to deflect and change the subject, we are not taking the bait. 20 people have lost their lives, 20 mothers, fathers,husbands, wifes , sons daughters will not go home tonight and you are practicing NRA talking point. Disgusting!!

Sorry. I forgot you exclusively have a right to score political points from such tragedies. I hope you feel better now.  Good luck browbeating the electorate...and may I politely say, in terms of USA involvement in Yemen,  the American destabilizing of South America,  the poisonous policies in SE Asia,  I find your moral outrage selective and parochial and driven by an anti trump agenda.

1 minute ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

If the US citizenry won't get their governmental representatives to act and acquiesce to the "hopes and prayers" BS, then they will have to accept that this will happen again and again. 

Other than getting to 'vote' every 2/4 years -- assuming that you're not a blacklisted Black or Brown voter -- US citizenry has zero control over the lying scumbags who have run for and assumed office, immediately forgetting everything they supposedly 'stood' for, instead dedicating every minute to begging for money to continue milking the cow and continuing to tell any lie that will advance their self-serving cause.

It does not matter if the shooter had some twisted political or ethnocentric beliefs, this not a political act. It is pathetic that it will be used by some to hate and vilify the president and his supporters. This is an individual act. 

51 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Yes, there is never a good time to point out the absurdities of arming check-out staff, or teachers, or theatre ushers to "protect" people when these sort of desensitizing events happen so frequently. Apparently no-one is capable of feeling intense sorrow and despair at the same time as they see the ridiculousness of the situation and the inane "solutions". Que sera...

9 minutes ago, daoyai said:

It does not matter if the shooter had some twisted political or ethnocentric beliefs, this not a political act. It is pathetic that it will be used by some to hate and vilify the president and his supporters. This is an individual act. 

Spurred on by rasist rhetoric that is fact weather you accept that or not it is what it is

Here's a little about the alleged gunman, Patrick Crusius:

The suspect  allegedly left a long manifesto reportedly posted to 8Chan before the first EMS call that claimed mass murder was committed in “response to [the] Hispanic invasion of Texas” and not to “blame Trump.” It was also sympathetic to a man charged with killing 51 people earlier this year at a Mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand,  two officials told The Washington Post.  MSNBC is reporting FBI sources are investigating an online “manifesto” allegedly written by the the suspect. 

https://hollywoodlife.com/feature/who-is-patrick-crusius-el-paso-walmart-shooter/

Here's a bit more on the alleged shooter:

El Paso Shooter Identified Online As Trump Supporter Who Didn’t Like ‘Race Mixing’

Patrick Crusius allegedly left behind a racist manifesto before killing at least 15 people at Cielo Vista Mall.

The suspect in a deadly mass shooting at a shopping mall in El Paso, Texas, on Saturday was widely identified on the internet as a young white man whose social media activity showed support and sympathy for the president’s apparent white nationalist agenda. The name and photos of a man purported to be Patrick Crusius quickly circulated across Twitter in the hours after the shooting that first began outside a Walmart store at Cielo Vista Mall was first reported. If those reports were accurate, Crusius, allegedly a Texas native, just turned 21 last week.

https://newsone.com/3883517/el-paso-shooter-patrick-crusius/

2 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

One can draw a straight line between Trump's remarks and these hateful occurrences.

So what hurty words has Trump said about Walmart or El Paso, he has nothing to do with it despite the desperate trying to connect him to anything negative.

1 hour ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

But would your idea deter other attacks? It might make them worse.

Its not my idea, rather a suggested predicted  response from the gun lobby. Frankly my idea that anybody needing to carry arms, other than farmers and of course the military  are sick in the head, but that is just my personal view.

1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

So what hurty words has Trump said about Walmart or El Paso, he has nothing to do with it despite the desperate trying to connect him to anything negative.

Yeah, that's basically what the mass murderer said too. But then again, he's a mass murderer and probably not mentally stable.

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

Yeah, that's basically what the mass murderer said too. But then again, he's a mass murderer and probably not mentally stable.

I would suggest that anyone who deliberately does out to murder people en-mass is definitely not mentally stable, no "probably" about it IMHO

4 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

trump has run a constant refrain echoing aspects of White Supremacist ideology and division within society. Whilst trump cannot be held personally liable he certainly has not been a conduit for lessening tensions and addressing hateful conspiracy theories.

https://newsone.com/3883517/el-paso-shooter-patrick-crusius/

at a press conference the governor of Texas  offered payers and evoked god's help

When asked of what needed to be done to prevent such incident he said it was a mental health issue,

I agree!!A republican mental health issue. 

As if other countries don't have mental health issues. 

Archived