Help with using TM30 app

Its the most useless and idiotic App I have ever come across.  How do you put in your DOB to register? Short of spending days scrolling through the dates from 2019. Typical Thai incompetence on anything technical. 

• Confused 1

Check-in Date defaults to yesterday or today (given the 24 hour reporting requirement this sort of makes sense).

Check-out Date: We've been using the current expiration of stay, that is to say, the date which your current temporary stay expires. No issues using this so far.

17 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Its the most useless and idiotic App I have ever come across.  How do you put in your DOB to register? Short of spending days scrolling through the dates from 2019. Typical Thai incompetence on anything technical. 

Thats what I thought at first but you click on year at the very top, that then lets edit the year.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Where is this App available? Google or Apple?

Both, but may not be immediately available if your play store or iphone app store is set to home country.

link to APK

https://apkpure.com/section38/th.go.immigration.section38/download?from=details

Edited by Peterw42

Android/Google...

I think you need the latest version: 1.0.19

APKPure has 1.0.17

Assuming you can't see the Section 38 app, so your account is associated with a country other than THL, there is a good work-around...

Create a second GMail account, on a device located in Thailand: on a PC or phone

Add that Google account to your phone

Go to the Play Store

Enter the Play Store using this new account (upper left corner, three horiz lines, arrow down, choose new account)

Search for Section38, you should be able to DL and install it; further it will automatically update.

You must first register - using the app or the website - and await approval. Once approved, with a temp PW, log in, change the PW. You can use that username and new PW to log in to the mobile app.

Edited by mtls2005

3 hours ago, DickThrust said:

Using the TM 30 app, upon returning home (wife owns Home) after a weekend out of province, what date do you put in for “check out date”. I assume the check in date is the day I return home. Thanks

The online system is designed for hotels, which is why there is a check-out date.

I haven’t used it yet, but I would put the longest date possible, or at least until your current permission to stay ends.

Edited by elviajero

11 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Check-in Date defaults to yesterday or today (given the 24 hour reporting requirement this sort of makes sense).

Check-out Date: We've been using the current expiration of stay, that is to say, the date which your current temporary stay expires. No issues using this so far.

Is the check-out date a required field?

• Like 1