Do any of these Thai Immigration Bureau Andriod apps actually work? Section38 | eTM6 | Immigration eServices

Hello Everyone, Do any of these actually work?

Immigration eServices

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.immeService

Application provider of Immigration Bureau - Mobile Application Immigration eServices for foreigner.
- Notification of Residence Over 90 days
- Read the latest Immigration News Articles
- Receive notifications on the new latest Immigration News Articles
- Immigration Department Contact

Section38

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.section38

Application provider of Immigration Bureau - According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national via Mobile Application

eTM6
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.etm6

Foreign visitors arriving or departing Thailand are required to fill out an arrival/departure card. This is a two-part form that needs to be completed regardless of whether you are arriving/departing Thailand by air, boat or overland.  This form should be filled out 'before you hand over your passport to a Thai immigration officer. To ease the immigration entry process now you can fill out the Immigration Form(s) (TM.6) in the comfort of your home or office via Mobile Application before your traveling in/out Thailand.

I am on Android 8, all say
6.0 and up, but Secton38 - This app is incompatible with your device.
Successes? Thoughts?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Pib said:

All 3 are installed/compatible on my Samsung A8+ phone running Android 9/Pie.

But I haven't registered on/used them...just installed them.

Samsung 2018 A9Pro, here.

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Section38 (TM30) works well for me.

Immigration Services (TM47) works well for me.

What version of Android are you on?
Did you register for both thru the apps themselves without any problems?

10 minutes ago, PaulHamon said:

What version of Android are you on?

Android 9, Security Patch level: July 5, 2019

10 minutes ago, PaulHamon said:

Did you register for both thru the apps themselves without any problems?

I registered for the TM30 "service" via the web-site. That username and PW can then be used for the app.

For the TM47 app, yes, I registered via the app.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PaulHamon said:

Yes.

Although one can also register via the app. There have been many such reports here.

At the time I registered the app hadn't been released.

The usage, data entry/filing a report, is quite a bit different betwen the app and the web, as is the "proof" of a report. Any report made via the web can also be viewed on the app. I have no experience with the converse: a report made via the app being "visible" on the web.

21 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Seriously old versions in mobile terms to be fair.. 

I have not found any app that does not run on Android 5. On my phone I still have Android 4 and no problem too. It is just up to the programmers. These apps can't be so feature rich that they need things these older Android versions can't handle. This approach to lock out people if they don't have the latest Android versions is hard to understand for me because it is not necessary. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Beggar said:

This approach to lock out people if they don't have the latest Android versions is hard to understand for me because it is not necessary. 

Probably a few issues....

Support

Security

Hardware

~ 75% of the insalled base is on 6.0 or higher. I'd whine to the manufacturer, rather than the developer?

4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Probably a few issues....

Support

Security

Hardware

~ 75% of the insalled base is on 6.0 or higher. I'd whine to the manufacturer, rather than the developer?

What I said before already - these apps must be VERY special... I would be happy if the 90 days reporting online would work for me in the browser. Since I have a new passport and didn't leave the country yet it doesn't. I don't understand these people writing such software. But I can live with it since I have to live with it... 

OP,

Unless your google account is a "Thailand" acct that may be (probably is) the reason your are seeing the Section 38 app is incompatible with your device.   It's probably a "geo-restriction" compatibility issue and not really a device hardware/firmware compatibility issue.

I did below cut and pastes from my laptop using Chrome while logged in with one of my US google accts and then from my Thailand google acct.  Notice it says incompatible when logged in from my US google acct and compatible when logged in from my Thailand google acct.

So, if that's your problem...that is, you only have google acct(s) originally created in a country other than Thailand (like maybe the US/UK/AU) then you just need to create another google acct using your Thailand IP address and then add that new acct to your phone.  You can keep ever how many accts you already have setup in your phone (heck, I have 5)....but by adding a Thailand registered acct you'll now also be able to see/install/auto update any apps that are geo-restricted to Thailand....and continue to be able to see/install/auto update apps allowed in whatever country(ies) your other google acct(s) allow.   

US google acct

image.png.7085a7b03c09f6f6f35c4d664525f3ef.png

Thailand google acct

image.png.03c29f332a8ac2af6021501a13e3a48b.png

42 minutes ago, Beggar said:

Perhaps it depends on your location inside Thailand what error message you get ???? I get with a user created in Thailand the following message. 

Studio_20190804_192703.png

Didn't you post earlier your phone was running an Android version earlier than 6.0.   You were running Android 4 or 5.  If so, this app requires Android 6 or higher.

9 minutes ago, Pib said:

Didn't you post earlier your phone was running an Android version earlier than 6.0.   You were running Android 4 or 5.  If so, this app requires Android 6 or higher.

I understood this. Just wondering about the different error messages. If I look at them then mine makes the most sense. Better not to upgrade. Newer is not always better. Can you explain me your error messages? 

1 minute ago, Beggar said:

I understood this. Just wondering about the different error messages. If I look at them then mine makes the most sense. Better not to upgrade. Newer is not always better. Can you explain me your error messages? 

I explained it earlier.   The device not compatible message appears because the app is "geo-location restricted" based on your google acct registration.   When an app is geo-restricted it does not matter what version of Android your are running, you will get a not compatible message.   And when geo-restricted and using Google Play  "on your phone" versus using Google Play on your computer, then the app probably will not even appear.

The "not compatible" message can be for numerous reasons....not a compatible Android version....not compatible due to geo-restriction...etc.

If you are sure the google acct you are using is a Thailand registered acct then I expect your error message is purely because you are running something lower than Android 6.

29 minutes ago, Pib said:

I explained it earlier.   The device not compatible message appears because the app is "geo-location restricted" based on your google acct registration.   When an app is geo-restricted it does not matter what version of Android your are running, you will get a not compatible message.   And when geo-restricted and using Google Play  "on your phone" versus using Google Play on your computer, then the app probably will not even appear.

The "not compatible" message can be for numerous reasons....not a compatible Android version....not compatible due to geo-restriction...etc.

If you are sure the google acct you are using is a Thailand registered acct then I expect your error message is purely because you are running something lower than Android 6.

I understand. But please explain to me your error message "This app is compatible with some of your devices" or "This app is incompatible with all your devices". I really would like to understand these messages. What devices are they talking about if you are using only 1.

9 hours ago, Beggar said:

I understand. But please explain to me your error message "This app is compatible with some of your devices" or "This app is incompatible with all your devices". I really would like to understand these messages. What devices are they talking about if you are using only 1.

It means you have more than one phone/tablet registered using your google account.

Its the same over so many Thai apps, badly configured cludges.. Spent the weekend fighting exactly the same issues trying to install airpay, the support utterly clueless about how play works (change your language !!!).. 

Thailand 4.0 LOL

• Like 1

It is quite simple to create multiple Google (GMail) accounts, and associate them with one (or more) device.

Assuming you can't see the Section 38 app, so your account is associated with a country other than THL, there is a good work-around...

Create a second GMail account, on a device located in Thailand: on a PC or phone

Add that Google account to your phone

Go to the Play Store

Enter the Play Store using this new account (upper left corner, three horiz lines, arrow down, choose new account)

Search for Section38, you should be able to DL and install it; further it will automatically update.

This app. is ver. 1.0.19, updated in the last few days. 1.0.17 will/may not work, it didn't for me, and since I sideloaded it I couldn't use the app. I created a new account, currently in Thailand, and was then able to re-install the app.

Given that foreigners can self-register and report, any geo-restriction seems odd. Their other apps (TM6, TM47) are not geo-restricted.

Edited by mtls2005

11 hours ago, Beggar said:

Your Google account knows which devices are registered to your account, so in this case he may have a computer with the Chrome browser, and a phone, both linked to his US account, and that is why “all of his devices are incompatible”

With his Thai account it could be that an old phone is incompatible, so only some devices are compatible.

3 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Your Google account knows which devices are registered to your account, so in this case he may have a computer with the Chrome browser, and a phone, both linked to his US account, and that is why “all of his devices are incompatible”

With his Thai account it could be that an old phone is incompatible, so only some devices are compatible.

Thank you both for your explanation. It gets highly complicated ???? Never got such a message or even a message that I got when trying to access the immigration apps and I have many apps installed on my phone and tablet. But learned something new.