Baby in a rush in Chon Buri, born with 12 fingers and 12 toes

webfact

Baby in a rush in Chon Buri, born with 12 fingers and 12 toes

By The Thaiger

cover-1-800x445.jpg

PHOTOS: sanook.com

A mother has given birth to a healthy baby girl on the side of the road in Chon Buri. It does happen, sometimes the baby can’t wait until mum arrives at hospital. But this special bundle of joy has 12 fingers and 12 toes. But this was no surprise to the mother and grandmother who also have six fingers on each hand.

The mother Sunisa, gave birth in a pickup on the side of the road while on her way to hospital yesterday. The baby couldn’t wait.

The emergency team at the Ban Bueng Hospital received notice about the impatient baby and headed out to where the pickup was parked, on road 344 Ban Bueng in front of the Princess Chulabhorn Science School.

The hospital emergency medical team the local rescue volunteers found 23 year old Sunisa well into her labour. The team helped the mother and the baby was born naturally 20 minutes later. Medical officials say she screamed a “hello” to the team and to her mother as she popped out.

They realised that she had 6 fingers on each hand and 6 toes on each foot. The team and the people watching the event happening became very excited (mainly because many Thai’s are fascinated by these events and use them to pick lottery numbers).

This is the mother’s 3rd child, although the additional fingers and toes were no surprise for the family because Sunisa and her mother also have 6 fingers on each hand.

The people who witnessed Sunisa giving birth are planning to buy the number 24 (6+6+6+6) and the license plate number (2289) in hopes of winning the next Thai lottery (on August 16).

‘Polydactyly’, the condition of additional fingers or toes, happens approximately 1 in every 1,000 births.

SOURCE: Sanook.com

Source: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/baby-in-a-rush-in-chon-buri-born-with-12-fingers-and-12-toes

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-08-05

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

23 years old and giving birth to her third child? Seems to be in a bit of a hurry. Either that or she missed her sex ed classes.

...or perhaps she just exercised her choice to have children as millions of people around the world do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GarryP said:

23 years old and giving birth to her third child? Seems to be in a bit of a hurry. Either that or she missed her sex ed classes.

Healthier age to have kids than the current western average (30 in the UK).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Help! I am confused. Which lottery numbers should i use?

6?

12?

24?

2289? (car reg)

344? (road 344 Ban Bueng)

The experts will guide you in tomorrows news.

52 minutes ago, Inepto Cracy said:

How many teeth do they each have in their mouths as adults then ?

Feel free to find out.

‘Polydactyly’, the condition of additional fingers or toes, happens approximately 1 in every 1,000 births.

If it's that common, how come I don't remember ever seeing somebody with extra digits? They chop them off?

This little one could become an excellent musician. This is a serious post and not to make fun about it....and by the way which of you guys has ever given birth to a child...none of you I can imagine. Therefore how can you judge what labours are and when is the right moment to go to the hospital? You will always just be number 2 when it comes to pregnancy and giving birth. 

Making fun about people and maybe their tragedy has become a sport of keyboard heros. Many of your posts are really not funny at all. Not every keyboard hero is a comedian! Lack of respect is no fun! 

I've only got four fingers and one thunb on each hand.  Does that make me abnormal in Thailand because I was always taught in anatomy and biology classes that we have four fingers and a thumb on each hand not five or six fingers.  Understanding the condition known as polydactyly does not mean I, or anybody else, has to accept the poor ability of the writer to make incorrect statements buten I explain that  that is due to poor Thai education.  I have taught biology and often get asked, at a later date, how many fingers do we have.  Having already told the the questioner, I repeat that we have 4 fingers and 1 THUMB on each hand, not 5 fingers.  Then I explain that each can be a digit which means we have 5 digits on each hand which is different from what they are taught or questioning.  Doctors, MDs, even in Thailand, recognise we only have 4 fingers and 1 thumb on each hand.

'nuf sed

11 hours ago, Liss Camber said:

keyboard heros.

Liss, first it is heroes.  Second they they are not heroes but zeroes because they cannot tell the truth from anything else.  Have any of them done proper research into any subject?  Doubtful.  Have any of them published their research as I have?  Doubtful.  So, do not expect much from the great unwashed.  Incidentally, the additional digit is not a truly functional item as it is not really usable for anything and cannot be manipilated as you suggest.

'nuf sed.

Edited by wotsdermatter

23 minutes ago, champers said:

... perfect for playing Duelling Banjoes from the film Deliverance.

Actually one only needs two fingers and one thumbs to play Scruggs style banjo, sometimes It's called three finger picking.

I can play that very well on banjo and guitar but only have four fingers and one thumb  :smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

The baby girl has a head and shoulders start on any government minister and could become pm by the age of five with her counting skills???? 

Buy her a piano - with her range she could become a concert pianist before she is five.

1 minute ago, Rimmer said:

Actually one only needs two fingers and one thumbs to play Scruggs style banjo, sometimes It's called three finger picking.

I can play that very well on banjo and guitar but only have four fingers and one thumb  :smile:

3 finger picking , Thought you were talking about "pickpockets" there for a second..????

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

Liss, first it is heroes.  Second they they are not heroes but zeroes because they cannot tell the truth from anything else.  Have any of them done proper research into any subject?  Doubtful.  Have any of them published their research as I have?  Doubtful.  So, do not expect much from the great unwashed.  Incidentally, the additional digit is not a truly functional item as it is not really usable for anything and cannot be manipilated as you suggest.

'nuf sed.

It is of course very important before you even think of posting on Thai Visa to enter into a PhD programme on the subject matter in question, and submit several peer reviewed papers to the relevant journals for publication.

Failing that, get a life!