Renewing Retirement Extension Based on Monthly Income Method

7 hours ago, mosan said:

First of all, if you get a Non O-A (multiple entry) in the US you will be covered for up to two years--providing you exit and re-enter Thailand just prior to the expiration of the visa.  

Second, you cannot apply for a Non O-A inside of Thailand. Non Immigrant O-A visas are only obtained in your home country e.g. Thai Consulate, Washington, D.C.  However, what you will be doing here is applying for an "Extension of Stay" which will require 12 monthly deposits of 65,000 Baht or more. Then again, you'll also have the option of placing 800,000 Baht in your Thai bank account which will serve the same purpose--there are some additional requirements, but as you'll arrive on a Non Imm. O-A, no need to sweat the details on that just now. You'll have more than enough time to determine if you want to go that route.

Thank you very much.

11 hours ago, rascalman said:

My income comes into my credit union in US. THEN I get as I need it. Have been told even though I have adequate income that it will not be accepted? 

Do you know answer please? My income over 4,500 USD monthly. Thanks. 

The requirement is to show income of 65,000 baht each and every month, for the previous 12 months. It must come into a Thai Bank account from overseas. 

20 hours ago, rascalman said:

Have been told even though I have adequate income that it will not be accepted? 

Told by who? Have you been to immigration and asked what is required or has a foreigner told you that?

On 8/6/2019 at 3:55 PM, KhaoYai said:

Then you don't have to worry about monthly income at all. Its either 800,000 in the bank OR 65,000 per month.  I believe the 800,000 has to be in your Thai bank account 2 months before the application (I think some offices require 3 months). I also believe the 800,000 has to stay for 3 months after the application at which time it can drop down to 400,000 until nearing your next extension.

Check those details but you certainly don't need the income AND the money in the bank.

Thank you. I deposited 65k in the bank since January. 120k in November. I believe I'm fully aware of the rules for all systems including combination. But hearing what the OP said and knowing how capricious IO can be I wondered if there' might be a reaction after hopefully renewing and when I stop the 65k monthly deposit route should they check it. I  have 600k in the bank currently in case they query source and disallow some income. Thanks for replying.