how long must i wait to enter LOS again?

British passport holder - 41 years male

2015 - VE 3 times

2016 - VE 4 times

2017 - Same

2018 - 6 VE and at the end got SETV in Dec 2018

2019 - Left to UK for a week, with a re-entry plus 30 day extension

- At the end of SETV, went to Saigon for 2 days and reapplied SETV.

- Extended SETV with Re-Entry after going to HK for a few days.

- Did 1 day border run for VE and then extended for 30 days

- Overstayed by 1 day but IO didnt say much or i get fined.  Just say let off in the passport.  Currently now in HK for a week

Question, can i re-enter LOS from HK for a week or so?

25 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

Question, can i re-enter LOS from HK for a week or so?

Perhaps a 50% chance. If you do manage, my suggestion would be to extinguish the 'fire'. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Edited by Vacuum
  • Haha 1

You seem to have all the luck in the world. Nobody knows if they will let you in next time. With that history it´s starting to lower your chances. But, hey! So far so good. The only thing you can do is try. I would give you a 20-30% chance to get in, but I was born with negative veins.

11 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

As its that the end of me for LOS?

Wouldn't say its the END, however you might consider spending more time out of los and not just week here and there. 

I love los but if I was under 50 and couldn't afford elite visa then I would split my time between los and Vietnam or elsewhere. 

Right now your in HK and no one can say if you will have problems at bkk airports. If denied you will be flown back to HK. Make sure your prepared. Have money, cell fully charged etc.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Wouldn't say its the END, however you might consider spending more time out of los and not just week here and there. 

I love los but if I was under 50 and couldn't afford elite visa then I would split my time between los and Vietnam or elsewhere. 

Right now your in HK and no one can say if you will have problems at bkk airports. If denied you will be flown back to HK. Make sure your prepared. Have money, cell fully charged etc.

are we talking like months out of the country?

18 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

are we talking like months out of the country?

I guess it depends how much time you wish to spend in Asia. If its ongoing then at some point tourist visa,s and visa exempt to Thailand will become very difficult. Personally I think flying into Thailand is already very problematic for you. 

An setv extended gives you 3 months. I would do 3month los followed by few months in Vietnam, visa obtained online. Repeat. Can remain forever. 

Edited by DrJack54

6 minutes ago, ExpatDraco said:

99.99% chance you get in. Thousands and thousands pass through every day and only a few get problems. Just act as you own the place and don't take a female IO. ????

Well you don't lack confidence. Have good look at OP amount of time spent almost continuous in Thailand. Yes MANY people fly into los everyday. Not so many have setv and ve  record that is similar to OP.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

or fly in any alternative route?

Reading your OP (unless I missed it) you have done one ve via border this current year. You have one more available but your in HK. Two choice...fly into to bkk and risk it or fly to somewhere like Vietnam. Eventually entering via border. Being UK as you know you can enter Vietnam visa exempt.

Other option is fly to KL. Both very messy.

2 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

or fly in any alternative route?

Get a visa in Hong Kong, fly to Vientiane, cross at the Friendship Bridger at Nong Khai should be fine. A bit of hassle and extra expense, but currently safe. Who knows how long this will remain a viable solution?

19 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Get a visa in Hong Kong, fly to Vientiane, cross at the Friendship Bridger at Nong Khai should be fine. A bit of hassle and extra expense, but currently safe. Who knows how long this will remain a viable solution?

Tim. Not sure but think best route to Vientiane would be HK to KL. 

KL to Vientiane. AA have cheap flights for last leg. OP can then fly domestic from Udon. Messy but safe.