Retirement Extension Refused, CM today.

maybefitz

12 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

No surprises in your report, especially in that it's coming out of CM Immigration. There have been prior posts from folks who have been denied using the combo method for retirement extensions because they could not produce an Embassy income affidavit for the income part of their "combo".

I believe, Immigration is still accepting "combo" retirement extension applications IF the income portion is documented by an Embassy income affidavit (which leaves out Americans, Brits, and Aussies who no longer can obtain such affidavits).

This is correct. I am a US citizen in exactly this situation. I have been using the combo method for 5 years but now my extension is being denied even though the combination of income (US Social Security) plus the untouched fixed account balance is well over 800k.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

No surprises in your report, especially in that it's coming out of CM Immigration. There have been prior posts from folks who have been denied using the combo method for retirement extensions because they could not produce an Embassy income affidavit for the income part of their "combo".

I believe, Immigration is still accepting "combo" retirement extension applications IF the income portion is documented by an Embassy income affidavit (which leaves out Americans, Brits, and Aussies who no longer can obtain such affidavits).

And, ATM slips showing foreign card/Thai bank ATM withdrawals followed by deposits into Thai bank accounts have never been accepted by Immigration anywhere here for monthly income/foreign transfer documenting purposes, AFAIK.

Unfortunate, too, that the nice folks at CM Imm will also not accept stamped, certified and paid-for receipts from their own Bangkok Bank confirming the veracity of monthly deposits under 65K even though they come from exactly the same source as those over 65K.  Fascinating, really...

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

How is this news to anyone by now ?? 

Money must be an international deposit into a Thai bank account, 65k monthly..

Combo only accepted with income affidavit. 

Per the attached, you may want to note that the "ChiangMai Rules" also include an Embassy letter requirement for those presenting 65K+.  It would be interesting to hear the change of tune should those presenting this option were refused on the same grounds - wouldn't it?

CM Rules 2019.pdf

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Lopburi99 said:

I had a similar exasperating experience in Aranyaprathet. Could have strangled the guy! I ended up going to a service in Pattaya. Expensive but damn well worth it. Will never set foot in Aran office again. Bloody never!

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just a quick question do the agents have to be in the area where your immigration office is or do people use them anywhere and who are the recommended ones to use thanks

• Sad 1

No problem at Rayong last week using money in the bank - nothing sad about keeping 800k in the bank for 3 months either. Did it myself Was accompanied by my Thai wife and her elder son.Due to a stroke 2 years ago was in a wheelchair

Alan

Edited by fifelad55

41 minutes ago, fifelad55 said:

No problem at Rayong last week using money in the bank - nothing sad about keeping 800k in the bank for 3 months either. Did it myself Was accompanied by my Thai wife and her elder son.Due to a stroke 2 years ago was in a wheelchair

Alan

The son or you? Serious question.

• Like 1

I would hope that each and every American; UK and Australian citizen who has a verified problem with Immigration due to no Embassy Letter is sending an email to their Embassy  indicating that as a result of not being able to get the Embassy letter you had a difficulty getting your extension/.  These Embassies need to know the chaos they have caused by their  uncaring attitude.

They also need to be reminded that they and only they are not issuing the letter while 80 other Embassies in Thailand are issuing the letter.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

That’s why the adverts state “ Amazing Thailand “ one day they are going to ask why the economy is on the slide the truth is a lot of ex pats including myself are now seriously considering moving on not because the baht is strong ( 36.9 baht £ today ) but because every IO interprets the regulations in a different way , if it wasn’t for the fact that I have a property I would have already left to a more welcoming country . I feel for you and the turmoil you have had to go through after all these years, I hope things will work out . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gamini said:

all these years I was reading on this forum that getting a marriage visa was a hassle and I've stuck with a retirement visa, Because of the new financial requirements I found that I was obliged to apply for marriage visa. Getting it was a breeze. It took just over half an hour and the immigration officials were friendly and helpful. I only had to keep 400 K in the bank for two months and I didn't need to go back and pick up the extension a month later. A friend of mine was able to do this for me. So there is really a lot of misinformation on this forum and most of the problems with immigration are because of not having the right documentation or sufficient funds. 

Yes, it is so easy to do. For me, I use a agent and they have all my information from previous years on file. I don't have to do a thing but show up, sign the forms and walk-a-way 30 minutes later and not worry about it to the next year.

Just keep 400K in a bank and really, that is it. Mind you it take a little longer as it seems more people are now doing he marriage extension. Biggest thing in Chaing Mai is to turn up with your wife at 7a.m at the door because they will not give you a number if you are by yourself. I watched heaps of people get turned away as they did not have the wife with them.

Pretty darn simple.

Edited by totally thaied up

16 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

I would hope that each and every American; UK and Australian citizen who has a verified problem with Immigration due to no Embassy Letter is sending an email to their Embassy  indicating that as a result of not being able to get the Embassy letter you had a difficulty getting your extension/.  These Embassies need to know the chaos they have caused by their  uncaring attitude.

They also need to be reminded that they and only they are not issuing the letter while 80 other Embassies in Thailand are issuing the letter.

Sad fact is they don’t give two ???????? ????

• Thanks 1