SURVEY: TM 30 -- How serious is it?

SURVEY: TM 30 -- How serious is it?  

362 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Yes

You complete a TM6 on your arrival in Thailand with all your details so why do you have too repeat it at your local Immigration Office if your details are logged at the airport.

When I was ‘detained’ a couple of years ago at Jomtien re TM30 they informed me the Data Base was local only, there wasn’t National Data Base so basically completing a TM6 is pointless.

The UK have now abolished Landing Cards the UK equivalent of a TM6.

3 hours ago, HHTel said:

Recently had a holiday in Koh Samed and Pattaya.  I renewed my extension last week with no problems.  I've never filed a TM30 in 20 years and last week was no exception.  It was never mentioned and everything done in under 15 mins.

Me too. No problem whatsoever.

• Like 1

So many divergent opinions on the TM30 lately so I'm getting completely rundown. For me, I want to do as before. Make sure that the TM30 is sent with information about my permanent address during the period I stay in Thailand (Usually half a year), for me to the Immigration Office (Jomtien). When I take my annual trip to Koh Samet at approx. a week, I will do nothing. If someone comes after me which I do not expect, I just have to pay the fine, whatever it may be ????????????????????

I feel treated in this country like a criminal with an electronic ankle band. 

Tried to register at the Immigration website. Most is in Thai, in some cases no English explanation leaving me in the blue. What to do? taking my laptop to Immigration and asking for explanation / assistance?

The system is not customer friendly. 

Based on the basic rules I should have to report every time I come back from another province or abroad. But last year I was told at Jomtien Immigartion that I did not have to do this TM30, because I have a so-called retirement visa; however I never have read this in official information.

It's not only all this red tape, but also traffic, accidents, pollution, complete lack of environmental moral, corruption. I regret that this combination gives me more and more reason to reconsider my position in Thailand, where I own a condo since many years. Some countries in Asia and Europe are more interesting.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I was told different at Jomtien, I have a Non O Multi Entry Visa lived at the same address for 3 years. Jomtien told I have too report every time I return too Thailand. 

If I had a Extension of Stay/Retirement Visa they said it wasn’t necessary too Report.

I've got the 5 year Elite but I'm sure he didn't even look at it when I went to report the first time. Ah well I'm going to carry on ignoring it for now.

5 hours ago, billsmart said:

For me, it's just a minor annoyance. What I'd like to know, however, are the exact rules. There seems to be different interpretations of the rules as to who and when your wife (in my case) must file a TM.30. I have my answers from my local immigrations, and I'll go by them, but they are not as strict as many of the interpretations of the rules I've seen here. 

I just want to know what I (my wife) is expected to do, and then we'll do it.

I won't be sending my wife 60Ks to the IO, nor will I send a taxi as some deluded poster said I should, nor bother about the hassle of sending it online. I am a law abiding citizen ( when it suits me) and I won't be treated otherwise.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nielsk said:

So many divergent opinions on the TM30 lately so I'm getting completely rundown. For me, I want to do as before. Make sure that the TM30 is sent with information about my permanent address during the period I stay in Thailand (Usually half a year), for me to the Immigration Office (Jomtien). When I take my annual trip to Koh Samet at approx. a week, I will do nothing. If someone comes after me which I do not expect, I just have to pay the fine, whatever it may be. I have an  a Extension of Stay/Retirement Visa ????????????????????

12 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I won't be sending my wife 60Ks to the IO, nor will I send a taxi as some deluded poster said I should, nor bother about the hassle of sending it online. I am a law abiding citizen ( when it suits me) and I won't be treated otherwise.

There is no more hassle sending it online than posting on here. You will be treated as a NON law abiding citizen if or when Phitsanulok Immigration change their requirements and you possibly will be treated as such. 60km isn't that far. 

24 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

There is no more hassle sending it online than posting on here. You will be treated as a NON law abiding citizen if or when Phitsanulok Immigration change their requirements and you possibly will be treated as such. 60km isn't that far. 

I will just break the law as I don't agree with it, besides, the TM30 is Mrs Possums responsibility, so the IO officer can travel the 60Ks from Phichit IO, not Phitsanulok, to my house to collect the 800Bt fine from Mrs Possum, and there will not be any travel expenses. ????

16 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I will just break the law as I don't agree with it, besides, the TM30 is Mrs Possums responsibility, so the IO officer can travel the 60Ks from Phichit IO, not Phitsanulok, to my house to collect the 800Bt fine from Mrs Possum, and there will not be any travel expenses. ????

He wont come to your house to get the 800bt, he will wait until you need to visit the office for a 90 day report, extension, COR. Then you will be required to do a TM30 and pay the fine.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

He wont come to your house to get the 800bt, he will wait until you need to visit the office for a 90 day report, extension, COR. Then you will be required to do a TM30 and pay the fine.

No, the TM30 is the house owners responsibility, they cannot just change the rules to suit themselves.

OH! Wait. This is Thailand.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

No, the TM30 is the house owners responsibility, they cannot just change the rules to suit themselves.

OH! Wait. This is Thailand.

Wrong. Meaning it is not house owner responsibility

Edited by DrJack54

I go to Immigration yearly, then quarterly, and now everytime I leave town. The TM30 may have been useful thirty years ago, now not so much. The 'authorities' track me by my phone movements and which ATM I use. They don't need a TM30 as often as they wish, I should not need to visit Immigration more than 5 times a year.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Wrong. Meaning it is not house owner responsibility

Hotel owner, guesthouse owner, house owner, TM30 is not their responsibility??

It seems Thai immigration are not the only ones who make up their own rules. I have been reading all the time here on Thaivisa recently about how hotels etc, have to fill out TM30 whenever you stay there. This is Thailand right enough.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Does not apply to me, I don't drink, never ever sat on one.:cheesy:

Got hooked by the woman who became your wife and taken to a short time room before you made it in?

???? 

3 minutes ago, dcnx said:

Got hooked by the woman who became your wife and taken to a short time room before you made it in?

???? 

A handsome guy like me does not need to be involved with short time rooms. ????

I had been couple of times in Pattaya Immigration and I asked them if I have to fill form. I am on retirement visa. They asked me if I had changed my residence since I got the visa and I said no. They said then there is no need. I feel when you apply for retirement extension of visa the address you provide them is what it count. Now if you travel outside the country or anywhere else within the country and coming back to the same address you given at the time of application for extension of visa then there is no need to fill M30 form. When travelling within the country you usually stay at the hotel and that is there responsibility to fill up this form.

7 hours ago, billsmart said:

For me, it's just a minor annoyance. What I'd like to know, however, are the exact rules. There seems to be different interpretations of the rules as to who and when your wife (in my case) must file a TM.30. I have my answers from my local immigrations, and I'll go by them, but they are not as strict as many of the interpretations of the rules I've seen here. 

I just want to know what I (my wife) is expected to do, and then we'll do it.

Same as you mate,no problem,but what are the rules and I'll follow,to save any unnecessary crap later on,I'm planning on staying anyway

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dode57k said:

I've got the 5 year Elite but I'm sure he didn't even look at it when I went to report the first time. Ah well I'm going to carry on ignoring it for now.

I am on a non O multi entry also,they told my Wife of 20yrs "Just call us when he gets back home" no problem 

3 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

As I said before Immigration would have no idea where you were not unless you left Thailand Then re entered with a stamp in your Passport.

That is not completely correct. If you stay a hotel and they do the TM30 report online immigration would certainly know about it.

Immigration has used that info to fine people for not doing one when they returned home.

• Like 2