Senior anti-graft official falsely declared his 260 million baht assets

webfact

1 hour ago, cmsally said:

Just another case of do as I say and not as I do . The whole system seems to operate along those lines.

Unfortunately we have the same in France with sums much larger, in millions, sometimes even billions of euros.
The retro commissions on the sale of military fregates in Taiwan are an excellent example.
There are unfortunately dozens of other examples;

The Thai elites still play in the yard of small children compared to ours in Western Europe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MartiniMan said:

It really also surprises me that no official stands up with that rhetoric - where is the passionate thai that speaks his mind loudly and rallies the people? Have i missed something

Maybe because "they" are all in on it one way or another and this guy is in the right job to ensure a regular inflow of brown envelopes.

Corruption is a national pastime amongst so many who should be looking after the welfare of the state or everyday Thais. Endemic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThaidDown said:

"Oh you mean that 260 million, it really belongs to the wife. She just told me that she saved it from the housekeeping I give her. Just a misunderstanding."

Indeed. He was probably lucky to "marry well" like so many others!

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Senior anti-graft official falsely declared his 260 million baht assets

15 years ago I used to be outraged, 10 years ago it became entertaining, 5 years ago it was unsurprising, now it's just expected.

2 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Why should it surprise to you ? Everything associated with any form of religion or krank followings throughout history has only become popular due to human nature of wanting something for nothing. Thai Buddhism is nothing more or nothing less then a development of that. Lets face it if you can not suspect that something is wrong when men dress up in frocks then clearly you are there for the taking.

Quite - the men in frocks are there for the faking, allowing the gullible to be there for the taking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

So far he has only been accused of not declaring his assets, no suggestion of corruption or avarice or allegations that his assets may have dubious sources.  So far.

Image result for face off laughing gif

Edited by rkidlad
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ThaidDown said:

"Oh you mean that 260 million, it really belongs to the wife. She just told me that she saved it from the housekeeping I give her. Just a misunderstanding."

That’s exactly the type of nonsense that works here and they get away with it.

Thailand is a lost cause. Corruption is in their DNA. It comes so natural to them that they don’t even know when they themselves are doing something corrupt.

????If I had 260 million baht I would not be working I was going to ask has he won the lottery but I think the top prize is only 3 million how do these people accumulate so much money that a hell of a lot of gold watches he could buy and lend to his fellow officials.

4 hours ago, smedly said:

if the Thai people realised how much public money (their money) ended up in deep official pockets there would be an uprising

I very much doubt it, because a large majority among them are harboring exactly the same trains of thought and would behave exactly the same way if given the opportunity. Money is everything, it doesn't matter how one obtains it, and even if its the result of shady schemes or corrupt practices, it's fine because it lifts one's social standing almost to the point of being admired and worshiped for all the accumulated dosh and material assets. That sort of people aspire to become politicians, village headmen, police officers, government officials, etc. etc. NOT because they feel the urge to serve society, or to right wrongs, but because they know that they can put their hands into the till one way or another. THAT is their sole motivation.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Surely if he is being investigated for " wrongly " reporting his assets , he would stand aside until all matters are resolved?

I guess having the equivalent of about $8.5 million AUD is not that hard to acquire, but the need to correctly report is essential for any official, especially in that role

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Any surprise .. Avarice outweighs scruples any day for some .. 

Shouldn't that simply be, dishonesty out weighs all things when it comes to money and position? 

21 hours ago, webfact said:

A high-ranking official at the Office of the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) has been found to have falsely declared his assets, which are actually estimated at about 260 million baht.

Pee baby.jpeg

What a joke! TIT. Much the same as most of them here.

This place will never change. What an idiot I was to came here in the first place! 

I'm glad I've seen the light and moving on. This place is not worth it. They can have Chinese and Indians. Good luck!!!

Typical greed. Goes with the territory... 

What a joke! TIT. Much the same as most of them here.

This place will never change. What an idiot I was to came here in the first place! 

I'm glad I've seen the light and moving on. This place is not worth it. They can have Chinese and Indians. Good luck!!!

Typical greed. Goes with the territory... 

21 hours ago, faraday said:

Yes, I'm sure he's innocent.

I did not say that he was innocent or guilty.  Your Thai-bashing sarcasm may well be justified, it also may not be, who knows?   But, so far, he has not been charged with any kind of corruption.

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

I did not say that he was innocent or guilty.  Your Thai-bashing sarcasm may well be justified, it also may not be, who knows?   But, so far, he has not been charged with any kind of corruption.

You think that was sarcasm....?