Flying in with a new passport.

Guys,some advice needed. I'm staying in Thailand for the last 2 years on ED and tourist visas.I am planning to make a new passport next month,make a tourist visa and come back.

Will it be safe to fly in with fresh passport to Bangkok airports or still there is high chance i will be rejected?(Will they be able to see the history?)

Option 2 is to fly in to Chiang Mai,what are the chances of being rejected there?

Option 3 is land border crossing,Is it safe to do it at Padang Besar ?

The Database matches: Name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth. They can see your history even if you have a new passport with a different nationality.

Add in facial recognition/Finger prints from past entries and they will probably tell you what clothes you were wearing on each of your past visits. 

Yes, history will be on screen of IO in seconds

• Like 1

They will probably ask you questions. But just tell them your situation, have proof of studying, like a letter from the school and stuff. Have funds available. And be able to speak Thai if it’s Thai language ED visa.
I get questioned all the time. Once they were really angry at me, so I had to provde my partners name and birth date for them to check if he is really working and holds a work permit and supports me. Since everything was in place and I had all those extra bits of papers proving one thing or another, I was fine and free to go.
Also I had to show my old passport too, coz as I understood, they see the entries, but they don’t see the types of visa (I might be wrong). I showed them my old passport where my old ED visas were and they let me go.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Thanks 1

It's gonna be tourist visa in new passport,not ED visa.

They will see your previous entries. Also two years non stop in Thailand is a long time. And now a tourist one. They might ask you what are you doing in Thailand and are you working.

I flew in from Malaysia with a tourist visa in a new passport. They asked me those questions, coz they saw loads of entries. I told them I used to study Thai, but now I’m on holiday, while waiting for paperwork for my last Thai reading and writing level. I was asked if I can provide them with the old passport where my ED’s were, I did that, officer looked at it and told me to have a nice day. He just wanted to make sure that I really had ED’s previously for two years. This was at Don Mueang.
In Suvarnabhumi they are usually more angry at me:))

Just prepare stuff to prove that you aren’t working and were a genuine student now on holiday for whatever reason:) you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 minutes ago, mobako said:

It's gonna be tourist visa in new passport,not ED visa.

If you’re entering with a SETV the chances of being denied entry are small but possible as you’ve already spent 2 years in the country.

CNX is a better bet than BKK. I wouldn’t use Padang Besar. Nong Khai would be a better choice for a land entry.

Passports are not automatically matched, but if the IO is doing their job they will manually link your passports and have access to your past history.

Avoid clearing immigration at either Bangkok airport. Flying to Chiang Mai with an actual tourist visa, and clearing immigration there, should be OK based on previous reports. Make sure your flight is not through Bangkok, clearing immigration there. Entering by land is safest of all, but avoid Padang Besar based on recent reports. If entering from Malaysia, use Sadao which has recently been OK in spite of its flaky history.

26 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

New or old passport is irrelevant. Your history is in the computer. Bets choice is flying to nearby country and use a friendly land border.

Good advice IMO. If pp control see your history (will do) 2 years here on ed,s and tourist....I think big chance rejected even with visa. Follow advice already given above. Fly to nearby country for border entry.

• Like 1