Life in Thailand is boring, I need some adventure!

6 hours ago, tifino said:

... probaly just a matter of travelling even firther... from phuket!

do the KMs, and do the meters  - up...    wat Phu Tok for example

guraantreed you could at least spend a whole of one day up there!

image.jpeg.ccf394948d39720cac379e968e2619c4.jpeg

But there might be places closer to home for you? the one, below, might not necessarily  be exciting in  itself... but the drive there, through Southern terrorist country certainly could take away any thoughts of boredom!! - what about Wat Tham Khao Rup Chang??   that's that temple where all the intersting assets fill the caves in the Mount behind.   

only concern for you might be that a night of personal p2p fun, even 25 years ago, costed 2000 in Padang besar/Cowboy town nearby!

I’ve been there and there is no bar or cheap ladies at the top so I doubt it’s for him. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Yeah. That is when the hapless, incompetent, race hating army took over. The kind of sucked the joy, and some of the lightheartedness out of the air here. I am waiting for the youth to figure out a way to get rid of them once and for all. They are toxic, they do not serve the nation, and they suck the blood of the people. 

Not sure the PI is any better. From my point of view, the only things there that are better, are the women (who are incredible, speak good english, do not have such unreasonable expectations, and are far more open minded and Westernized than most Thai women), the more Westernized attitude, and the comprehension of English. The rest of it is pretty dismal, to me anyway. The entire nation feels like one huge Tijuana. The food is horrendous, the air quality is terrible (with that nasty low grade of fuel they use) and the security situation is not something I would want to have to deal with on a daily basis. But, that's just me. Some guys seem to love it. 

Have you ever been to Tijuana?  I think we need to change using this as an example of the worst 3rd world shithole ever ....I guess many people decades ago, may have only been there??  I think it is pretty nice now ....and I have memories starting in the 70s ....just like Bangkok starting in mid 80s  .... and it can’t be recognized now.

I keep running into Americans who have never even been to TJ, or anywhere really, and keep using this expression ....comparing TJ like it is Afghanistan, Somalia,  or something.

TJ has good food by the way.  I’m pretty sure all México does but I haven’t been everywhere.

11 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Why change countries, Thailand is incredibly diverse, go see for yourself.

Yeah I travel all round Thailand following the festivals.  Brilliant and exciting. The OP might be a boring person given his routine and would be bored anywhere.

11 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

I been all over bro. I'm over it.

I need something new.

I used to love it here but since 2014 I can't really say that I have enjoyed myself at all.

You have been all over? What is your opinion of the Nong Khai fire balls festival, or the Phuket 9 Gods festival, or the Lopburi monkey festival, or surin elephant festival,  or The King Narai festival or the petchaburi festival. They all have one thing in common   food, drink, dancing, colour, music and energy. Which was your favourite?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Yeah. That is when the hapless, incompetent, race hating army took over. The kind of sucked the joy, and some of the lightheartedness out of the air here. I am waiting for the youth to figure out a way to get rid of them once and for all. They are toxic, they do not serve the nation, and they suck the blood of the people. 

Not sure the PI is any better. From my point of view, the only things there that are better, are the women (who are incredible, speak good english, do not have such unreasonable expectations, and are far more open minded and Westernized than most Thai women), the more Westernized attitude, and the comprehension of English. The rest of it is pretty dismal, to me anyway. The entire nation feels like one huge Tijuana. The food is horrendous, the air quality is terrible (with that nasty low grade of fuel they use) and the security situation is not something I would want to have to deal with on a daily basis. But, that's just me. Some guys seem to love it. 

yeah I am curious about visiting PH but funny when I look at many of the photos it does look a lot like TJ in the tropics and that kind of turns my stomach although I did have some good times visiting TJ it is not the kind of place I would want to retire... maybe one must accept the inevitable that the best of times are behind one...

Edited by tlandtday

It isn't the country that is causing this. The answer lies within you. Find something that ignites your passion. It might be cycling, mountain climbing, or even bird watching!

You need a reason to get up every morning!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

I can see where OP is coming from, Thailands " fun days" are over as the baht strengthened and cost of living soared.

Social media ruined the hotter younger more beautiful thai females and raised there financial expectations .

you need money to have fun in thailand....

it was more fun before when yhe baht was weak and the thais were more carefree  or "Sanook".

now it feels like singapore expensive but remains low quality in many aspects.

all good things come to an end .......

• Like 1

11 hours ago, amykat said:

Have you ever been to Tijuana?  I think we need to change using this as an example of the worst 3rd world shithole ever ....I guess many people decades ago, may have only been there??  I think it is pretty nice now ....and I have memories starting in the 70s ....just like Bangkok starting in mid 80s  .... and it can’t be recognized now.

I keep running into Americans who have never even been to TJ, or anywhere really, and keep using this expression ....comparing TJ like it is Afghanistan, Somalia,  or something.

TJ has good food by the way.  I’m pretty sure all México does but I haven’t been everywhere.

Yes, I have been many, many times. I would suggest next time you go, to get off the main drags and explore the city a bit. It has slums that go on for miles and miles. Much like the PI. Sure, they have dressed up the center of town, and it attracts alot of gringos for party action. But, most of the city resembles alot of Mexican border towns. The rest of the country is great. Except for the security issues. But, great cities and great people. And amazing food, if you are eating in the better restaurants, and avoiding the Tex-Mex garbage. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, madmen said:

because it lost its third world charm? big bwana no longer gets the respect with his now tiny pension getting smaller by the day. how the tables have turned !

I have started visiting Thailand 5-6 years ago. So, I don't know how it was before, when Thais were considerably poorer. What I wanted to say is that Thailand is just another country with its pluses and minuses. Nothing really special about it. 

Edited by Zikomat

Never been to Philippines, but what is so good about Thai food?  Come on, these people are happy to eat cockroaches and rats: what kind of classy food are they able to make? I despise Thai food as a whole and try not to touch any of it. It is always cooked with the cheapest of ingredients (like palm oil) and with all kind of unhealthy additions to make it feel tastier. It is (sometimes) cheap. But I am not ready to eat crap - even if it is free.

Edited by Zikomat
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

Never been to Philippines, but what is so good about Thai food?  Come on, these people are happy to eat cockroaches and rats: what kind of classy food are they able to make? I despise Thai food as a whole and try not to touch any of it. It is always cooked with the cheapest of ingredients (like palm oil) and with all kind of unhealthy additions to make it feel tastier. It is (sometimes) cheap. But I am not ready to eat crap - even if it is free.

I would say you have never really TASTED Thai food. 

Fabulous flavours, complex or simple depending on the dish, and not made on the cheapest ingredients in my experience.

12 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Issan has cities, night life, music, girls, dance shows and festivals including dramatic rocket festivals and big music and dance festivals. I wonder if the root cause of your boredem is your lack of personality. You should get out more. Are you an interesting,  amusing positive person? Are you a good listener? How many other countries have you visited? He who is jaundiced always sees yellow. Perhaps the booze is giving you clinical depression.  Good luck. But on the principal that we all carry our emotional baggage with us you will take yours with you wherever you go. You are in effect, running from yourself,  not Thailand.

I am so tired of this kind of pseudopsychological BS. While attitude is an important thing, the environment and many other things are even more important for a person to feel satisfied. With the ideas like yours one should have a happy life in prison being sentenced to life: it is just enough to change an attitude. What a BS!

Edited by Zikomat
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I would say you have never really TASTED Thai food. Fabulous flavours, complex or simple depending on the dish, and not made on the cheapest ingredients in my experience.

Thailand is no different to any other country - talent migrates to the larger centres of population where the opportunities both for risk and reward are greater. I've never tasted worse Thai food than in one of the (supposed) leading restaurants in Udon Thani

13 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

I agree with this. Most of their 'fresh' fruit and veg is contaminated with toxic pesticides that cause cancer and cooked in ways that pretty much guarantee high cholesterol and heart disease. Also just look at how much sugar the average thai consumes..it's nauseating. 

Trying to find a healthy drink option in Tesco or 7/11 is an impossible task. It's all concentrated sugar crap that I wouldn't even feed to a soi dog! Dangerous food here that will send you to an early grave if not careful! Did I mention Salt?? ????