Closest border run from Bangkok?

Hello 

I have a 6 months multiple entry visa and would like to know the closest border, from Bangkok, I can cross with a car? 

I am from Sweden and I have disability pension, I was in a accident and can not work. 

I have an monthly income about 90000 baht after taxes. 

I was told that Kanchanaburi is the best one but then someone in this forum write something about that it is difficult to cross the border there. 

I have the problem that I'm in a wheelchair and the best way for me is to go with car. 

I would appreciate very much any suggestions for me how to do. 

Thank you in advance ????

Edited by Ant Gio
  • Like 1

The crossing at Ban Phu Nam Ron requires transport across no mans land and as far as I know the do not allow private cars to do the crossing.

At the crossings to Cambodia it would be possible to do it in your wheelchair if you had somebody to assist you.

The Poi Pet crossing is the nearest to Bangkok but it is not very friendly and they might require you to stay overnight to get a new entry with your METV.

The next nearest crossing is at Ban Laem in Chantaburi province that is good crossing to use.

Map  for a market near the border checkpoint. https://goo.gl/maps/CYoex6pVqLCFVL6B9

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The crossing at Ban Phu Nam Ron requires transport across no mans land and as far as I know the do not allow private cars to do the crossing.

I was thinking I go with taxi 

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Why wouldn't private cars be able to cross?! 

22 minutes ago, kanchajohan said:

Take the wheelchair in the bus. Same as you take it in the car.

Phu Nam rhon

Är det han menar när han säger att privata bilar inte kan korsa gränsen utan att man måste ta bussen? 

Sorry, first looked like you wrote in Swedish so I answered in Swedish. 

Is that what he mean with private cars can not cross, you have to cross it by bus? 

And what about taxis, can they cross? 

Edited by Ant Gio

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It requires a permit to enter Myanmar with a car as far as I know.

The taxi driver would need to formally depart Thailand as well.

Yes, it's a family member who drive the taxi. 

I'm in a wheelchair and lived here for 10 years.. I use the Ban Pakard crossing in chantaburi.. You don't even have to cross into cambodia they do it for you while you wait on the Thai side.. Really easy and only takes 30 minutes.  I also stop off at a resort in chaolao beach it splits the journey up nicely.. message me if you need any help.

• Like 1

Last time I went to Ban Phu Nam Ron to cross; I filled out the TM-6, sat in the little eatery waiting (instructed to sit there) to catch the van, the driver took my passport and drove across the border, then came back, gave me my passport, I got in line at immigration and stamped back into Thailand.  I didn't have to physically cross.

The only problem you'll have is getting to the agent who handles ALL the frang crossings. There's a small walkway that leads back to their booth. If you have someone to help you, I think the people in the agent's office will be very helpful to manage your paperwork, 'crossing' and return. IMO based on crossing there 2 times in the last 5 months.

BTW, I almost barrelled through the border in the car because I was following the google maps instructions ????

Edited by AgMech Cowboy
deleted suggestion about youtube video.