Thailand based blogger Richard Barrow reveals difficulties in renewing extension of stay

rooster59

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

I don't know what kind of extension he is on.

For an extension based on marriage, it always takes one month to be approved, and a bit longer is no exception. A bit early IMO to jump to conclusions.

After all this time you haven't really grasped how Thaigeezer works have you? ????

Edited by blackcab
Bold font removed. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Don't know how many years he's been doing this, but he said:

So his problems  can't be TM30 related.

We will se what happens next, or it is just pure rutine for him having to wait for final decission. 

Just because Imegrants can shout their traps of in Ferangland i say good on yer Thailand for getting uperty with financial refugees, begpackers and the Go Fund Me lot. Try working a lifetime , having money and retiring . No problems at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 4

34 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Don't know how many years he's been doing this, but he said:

So his problems  can't be TM30 related.

He might be one of those troublesome foreigners trying to make suggestions on how to improve Thailand as requested by the PM.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I agree that we have and I would add most Thais have limited rights living here,and it shouldn't require us to say much about the matter,and I didn't come here to change the country only came here to live with my wife as my country won't allow us to do so there.However now that I'm here and am seeing myself becoming a part of the country and becoming more aware of the problems I find myself taking more of an interest in the problems and the solution to those problems.Also there are many around the world with observing Thailand and how it is dealing with these problems which is I believe is where the real pressure will come from to help Thailand make the more desirous decisions to solve it's problems in achieving positive outcomes.

The PM has expressed his desire for Thailand to become a democracy,I would say that there were enormous amounts of pressure applied to get him to express such radical desires and those pressures where the result of much talking and posting.Talking and posting are very important elements of a democracy and it is how things are changed.

You are absolutely right, but action takes personal interest, if it is not personal, or a religion which is something higher than yourselves, nothing is really done by avarage Joe, Bill Franz or  Oskar. And as long Thailand is behaving and taking care of business towards their allies, no foreign pressure is going to happen. I can mention to many countries that prove my statement about that matter. Thailand do not even come close to be a country put on an alert list with economic sanctions. Thailand is an strategic allie in Asia for the west as well,,,,,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tagged said:

You are absolutely right, but action takes personal interest, if it is not personal, or a religion which is something higher than yourselves, nothing is really done by avarage Joe, Bill Franz or  Oskar. And as long Thailand is behaving and taking care of business towards their allies, no foreign pressure is going to happen. I can mention to many countries that prove my statement about that matter. Thailand do not even come close to be a country put on an alert list with economic sanctions. Thailand is an strategic allie in Asia for the west as well,,,,,

Of course you are also right "caring" is something one does not what one thinks,thinking you "care" is not the same as performing "care".

I think a big issue is that Thailand may feel it is being "told" how to behave and as you are probably already aware Thais are quite defiant when they perceive they are being told what to do so one must tread warily and skilfully when trying to help.

I also don't think Thailand is any worse than Australia when it comes to human rights abuses nor do I think it any better but if there are any pressures that will help alleviate these problems then these pressures should be applied and I'm not talking about economic sanctions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert got kinky said:

I use the same immigration office as Richard (Samutprakarn) for my Non-B extension and at visa time I will get a one month extension while waiting for Bangkok Immigrations approval for the full extension.

After one month I then have to report back to Samutprakarn immigration, who then give me the remaining 11 months.

The article states ‘Richard returned to Samut Prakan immigration where he expected to collect his newly approved extension’, so I presume that he had already started the application and was returning for the 11 month stamp.

It would appear that Richard has upset someone up high, I have never had any problems getting my extension and I have never had an immigration visit yet.

Yes, that's what I said as well. And sometimes the application is not finished within the 1 month, many, many examples of that on the visa forum. Also house calls are no exception.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

a vocal supporter of the campaign calling for TM.30 to be abolished.

and there you have it......and you guys want to put your names on petitions ?.... this aint Kansas.

Edited by blackcab
Profane acronym removed
  • Thanks 2

I thought having to go back to the IO I’m 7 days was the norm I have had to do that for the last few years for my extension of stay so,I always do my application 10 days before it expires just in case got to say on the initial visit the girls on the front desk go through it with a fine tooth comb take my money keep my passport and I collect it 7 days later.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1