Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Easy for you to put that to bed, post the screenshot of Googlemaps timeline for yesterday, here's one page of mine

Screenshot_2022-02-12-05-47-39-400_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

I signed into my Google account, and as suspected, there is no timeline history because I turn off as much tracking as possible, but even if I could post a map like this, I wouldn't.  

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Richard Kuklinski said:

Did the big retox sport bar open again? What good sport bars are still open in this area.  Some air conditioning is not a must have but would be good. 

Witherspoons on Buakhao is busy, there's the new sportsbar on buakhao opposite Beer Hub, also High Rollers Gentleman Club on Soi Pothole

On 2/26/2022 at 1:03 AM, kinyara said:

Leaver,  the good news is one of your favourites is reopening, a lot of money spent upgrading it. And you never thought it would sell !!!

I'm all for variety and choice here.  

What did it sell for?  

Remember DJ Bar on Soi 7, where the owner begged the market to take the bar for free.  That was a good sale.  ????  

On 2/25/2022 at 6:45 PM, scubascuba3 said:

There was an ad on Facebook earlier today for a single story shophouse building on Walking St beach side, 39m baht, that did make me laugh

No amount of alcohol and / or sex for sale. on a property that size, at that price, would make it a viable proposition.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Carls Jnr Thailand, done and dusted.

If their other outlets have been as poorly frequented as the Central one for the last 2 years not really a surprise.  Always wondered when I've been in there, invariably as the only customer, how much they must have been losing. Pity as it's my preferred option when in Central.  Looks like it's Arno's in T21 from now on for a burger fix.

9 hours ago, kinyara said:

If their other outlets have been as poorly frequented as the Central one for the last 2 years not really a surprise.  Always wondered when I've been in there, invariably as the only customer, how much they must have been losing. Pity as it's my preferred option when in Central.  Looks like it's Arno's in T21 from now on for a burger fix.

You have until the end of the month to enjoy Carl Jnrs.

It's a surprise closing when all the news is of restaurants re-opening and new ones opening.

6 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

You have until the end of the month to enjoy Carl Jnrs.

It's a surprise closing when all the news is of restaurants re-opening and new ones opening.

You've got to be in Pattaya to understand it., when was the last time you  were here ?  

Edited by kinyara

14 minutes ago, champers said:

I was in Carls a couple of weeks ago. I enjoyed the Western Burger deal with fries and a coke but, as usual, the aircon was too much.

the whole place is just creepy,

take out only, eat on the beach, or at the side of bar ????

9 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

the whole place is just creepy,

take out only, eat on the beach, or at the side of bar ????

It's eat in. There is an outside area too, overlooking the bay, can be nice on a sunny day.

10 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

You have until the end of the month to enjoy Carls Jnr.

Sorry, it now looks like the 24th of March is the last day of Carls Jnr.

A&W another casualty that is disappearing from Thailand.

And sadly Marugame Seimen.

Its like 1998 all over again.

275821609_5269899796395154_8164607278810225932_n.jpg.3edeb4166ea79f42f0a9c9aa44663be1.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 4:03 PM, TaaSaparot said:

Covid rent discounts coming to an end, before there's enough tourism to cover business expenses, such as rent.  

There will be more closures over the next 6 months, but the Thai's have the solution. 

Their solution is, build another mall.  ????  

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Leaver said:

When will Pattaya's No. 1 farang restaurant meet the market, or the market meets Pattaya's No. 1 farang restaurant?  

https://www.bahtsold.com/view/pattaya-s-number-1-farang-restaurant-is-for-sale--387708

Many people have boycotted the place as price increases have been ridiculous the last few months, newbies don't realise. I'm not sure why anyone would buy it when the owner is instrumental in good preparation

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Many people have boycotted the place as price increases have been ridiculous the last few months, newbies don't realise. I'm not sure why anyone would buy it when the owner is instrumental in good preparation

Haven't seen him in there as much recently... perhaps he has changed his schedule at about the day/time I often visit. Previously always sat at the top table watching over things and occasionally getting up to do some job. He turned up once with a load of supplies, and commented how it was nice and cool in there... yes it was, but he obviously tweaked  something as it didn't stay that way. 

I haven't really noticed the price increases, but did overhear complaints of his supplier prices going up. Any new owner obviously needs to keep on top of things... they always deteriorate if not. Recall the soi 7 Sea Side place, dogs wandering around inside.