Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

9 hours ago, Leaver said:

When known fact that derelict properties fall into disrepair. 

Things like rust and corrosion to door hinges, especially in the salt air, to taps that are corroded shut, lights and switches the same.  

The longer a property remains vacant, the more state of disrepair it falls into, and not from over use, but from lack of use.  

You don't need to explain to me what happens to empty property but thanks....

Irrespective of the property and condition of it, the land price will continue to increase - fact.

SAT.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 3:47 PM, chrisandsu said:

I think you could be underestimating the next wave of green tourists that will step off the plane smell the tropics and be desired for the first time in their lives . The right here and now is bad times but as soon as the restrictions are lifted it will be like a stampede . Over the years we have seen thousands of guys come and lose everything only to be replaced by the next dreamer . It will continue to happen I have no doubt . 

People are gagging to get back,those who buy now will be coining it in in a couple of years time.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 10:51 PM, chrisandsu said:

Yes the high seasons have been low in Thailand the last few years but I think a year of lockdown and no ladies will be the bounce that Pattaya needs . Other parts of Thailand will struggle undoubtedly but the girly scene will be what drags Pattaya out of the doldrums, much the same as Pattaya has dragged essarn out of grinding poverty . Sex is Thailand’s number 1 tourist attraction and the one thing that humans just can’t replace . 

Providing the girls don,t srart getting lairy with their prices again.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kingdong said:

People are gagging to get back,those who buy now will be coining it in in a couple of years time.

Not at the inflated prices they are still asking . Would have to be a steal to make it worth your while and I still don’t see many of them . Can you see any ‘real’ bargains at the minute ? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

Not at the inflated prices they are still asking . Would have to be a steal to make it worth your while and I still don’t see many of them . Can you see any ‘real’ bargains at the minute ? 

Not IME. Before lockdown beer prices were at a low due to the price war between bars. Remember the 45 baht tattoos on the girls? Many restaurants offering big discounts too. A couple of girls keep contacting me with bargain basement prices too.

2 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

This is the best time to pick up a business bargain if that's your thing or condo or house, a similar time was in March when the stock markets crashed, big increases since then, mine about 75% up

• Like 1

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

This is the best time to pick up a business bargain if that's your thing or condo or house, a similar time was in March when the stock markets crashed, big increases since then, mine about 75% up

Good time to buy a cheap passenger airplane too !!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, chrisandsu said:

There is NO bargain in Pattaya right now . The prices have not gone down anywhere near to where they should be . There is no business so the business to me is worthless other then fixtures and fittings . Condos to buy as an investment ? So they can sit empty while you compete for the very few renters out there ? Only a wreck less gambler would invest in Pattaya right now I’m afraid . 

Buy a condo to live in. Pattaya will be very busy again after covid, so makes sense to buy a business now if at the right price, same with a condo

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Buy a condo to live in. Pattaya will be very busy again after covid, so makes sense to buy a business now if at the right price, same with a condo

Of the 1/2 dozen condos for sale on our notice board there is one for 650,000 Baht. It"s a 64 Sq.m (double) . If I had that sort of money  going spare I would buy it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The rents are very low in Pattaya

and it gives you the freedom to move if needed

if you buy a condo now, how can you be sure you will be still here in 15 or 20 years?

The air pollution, the exchange rate, the immigration policies or even a health problem 

there are so many possibilities that you will want to change  your location in a next future 

if you are an owner, you are screwed here (Unless you are ready to sale at a big loss 

and even in this case no any guarantee of a quick result)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, roger101 said:

Of the 1/2 dozen condos for sale on our notice board there is one for 650,000 Baht. It"s a 64 Sq.m (double) . If I had that sort of money  going spare I would buy it.

People feel much more comfortable buying when prices are high rather than low, daft I know

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

The rents are very low in Pattaya

and it gives you the freedom to move if needed

if you buy a condo now, how can you be sure you will be still here in 15 or 20 years?

The air pollution, the exchange rate, the immigration policies or even a health problem 

there are so many possibilities that you will want to change  your location in a next future 

if you are an owner, you are screwed here (Unless you are ready to sale at a big loss 

and even in this case no any guarantee of a quick result)

Personal choice, it's all a risk, I know people who talk like you who have said they wished they bought 15 years ago, time flies

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Personal choice, it's all a risk, I know people who talk like you who have said they wished they bought 15 years ago, time flies

15\20 years ago it was maybe intersting to buy here

not anymore. The exchange rate is bad, the quality of the construction is bad

the condo managment is bad and as clear as a mud, the environment is bad

and now with the virus the future of the entire city is a big ''?''

nobody knows where we are going atm.

So it's not only the usual risk (And i was the owner of few condos and houses in my 

country of origin, so i know how to take a calculated risk) at the moment it's more like a big gamble.

I am not that player but i understand if someone loves the adrenaline linked to it and have money in excess then why not?

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

15\20 years ago it was maybe intersting to buy here

not anymore. The exchange rate is bad, the quality of the construction is bad

the condo managment is bad and as clear as a mud, the environment is bad

and now with the virus the future of the entire city is a big ''?''

nobody knows where we are going atm.

So it's not only the usual risk (And i was the owner of few condos and houses in my 

country of origin, so i know how to take a calculated risk) at the moment it's more like a big gamble. I am not that player but i understand if someone loves the adrelanine linked to it and have money in excess then why not?

The older condos ( 15-20 ) years are of better quality IMO and normally have a bigger footprint than the newer shoe boxes that seem to be all the rage now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

The older condos ( 15-20 ) years are of better quality IMO and normally have a bigger footprint than the newer shoe boxes that seem to be all the rage now.

Would certainly hope so ... they're trying to flog 24 Sqm "condos" now!

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

True

the recent overpriced shoeboxes were destined to a specific market

for people washing black money and\or ''investissors'' airbnb style.

Unfortunately for the older condos, the maintenance isn't the strongpoint in Thailand

i don't even talk about the exterior aesthetics as it seems Thailand doesn't have decents

architects\designers. the ''tchernobyl style building'' is the norm here with as a result 

few real estate companies making fortunes and an ugly city

4 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

True

Unfortunately for the older condos, the maintenance isn't the strongpoint in Thailand

i don't even talk about the exterior aesthetics as it seems Thailand doesn't have decents

architects\designers. the ''tchernobyl style building'' is the norm here with as a result 

Yes, some are very east european looking - not nice.

However as an example Executive Res 1 thru 3 in Pratumnak are nice places, normally 80sqm ++ and they have a nice look to them IMO, i used to have a couple.

On the downside the annual fees are in excess of 45K pa which is a lot.

Edited by HashBrownHarry

20 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

True

I bought an older condo and it's maintained well, of course if condo management isn't good enough try and change it. I looked at a couple older condos, looked around the building and wrote them off straight away, poorly maintained, all different balconies, you can't polish a turd so you have to choose carefully

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Was offered a part share in a go go bar the other day at a snip.

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I bought an older condo and it's maintained well, of course if condo management isn't good enough try and change it. I looked at a couple older condos, looked around the building and wrote them off straight away, poorly maintained, all different balconies, you can't polish a turd so you have to choose carefully

Sounds like 9 carat

russian gulag

cant give away a place there

half the place is empty