Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

1 minute ago, champers said:

It is not unusual for the parents of a pretty young village girl to aspire to have them working in a big city bar and snagging a rich foreign husband.

Indeed, that's the ''jackpot'' i was talking about in my previous post

On 4/30/2021 at 3:20 PM, GrandPapillon said:

20 people, jesus, that's still a nice little cluster for spreading COVID

that should be restricted to less than 6

Depends how close you are going to get - and what you are going to do.

20 people, social distanced, may be preferable to 3 in a bed.....

9 minutes ago, champers said:

It is not unusual for the parents of a pretty young village girl to aspire to have them working in a big city bar and snagging a rich foreign husband.

They don't always have to be pretty.

• Haha 1

On 5/1/2021 at 9:21 PM, polpott said:

many bar girls who have stuck it out through the closures have now given up and are returning home, probably permanently.

So you think they will settle easily into the village.

For many, village life is intolerable and they would rather scrape around here with their own circle of friends than vegetate in the village.

Meanwhile, I am doing the best that I can by sponsoring my favourite massage lady.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

They don't have a lot of choices, it's the hard farm work on the land for 

Many seem to work in these assembly factories which are located outside of the capital for a change. They don't even need transport as large coaches pick up and drop off like US schoolkids. I am unsure how well these pay but overtime is available and young, nimble fingered women, are the target staff. 

3 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Steak & Co. will now operate out of its sister restaurant Smokin Joes next door.

Makes sense.

182075646_154796149984065_8205014961078318484_n.jpg.5f2483acb323c8325137df3f4ddcc3a1.jpg

So is this amalgamation a closure or not? In my mind it is as it adds to the dark and desolate look of the street... getting very sad. 

7 hours ago, rott said:

Chunky Monkey going or gone.? 

Hi rott.
I think you live nearby. How is "Bodega" and "Wonderful-Bar" 1&2 doing? As far as "Bodega" is concerned, as long as Patrick is at the helm, I am sure that Bodega will stay afloat. If he should be forced to retire (agewise), all bets are off. Thx.

10 hours ago, swissie said:

Hi rott.
I think you live nearby. How is "Bodega" and "Wonderful-Bar" 1&2 doing? As far as "Bodega" is concerned, as long as Patrick is at the helm, I am sure that Bodega will stay afloat. If he should be forced to retire (agewise), all bets are off. Thx.

Bodega and Wonderful 2 always have staff about and seem prepared to re-open when given the OK. Wonderful 1 has been "tinned up" for a long time and an ex-regular told me they won't be re-opening.. He didn't say where his info came from. 

18 hours ago, swissie said:

Hi rott.

Bodega is still open for "take away" food... Wonderful 1 is boarded up but Wonderful 2 has signs of life....I believe last week before the latest measures were put in place a bottle of nectar was still available behind the screening....

26 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

I see Tims on 2nd Road has been gutted.

There has been a Wizard Brewery sign hanging from their frontage for some time, not sure of the connection and whether it's an indication of future plans.

52 minutes ago, kinyara said:

There has been a Wizard Brewery sign hanging from their frontage for some time, not sure of the connection and whether it's an indication of future plans.

Tim has a hotel with Wizard microbrewery attached, Intimate Hotel.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 10:11 AM, nausea said:

By 2023 Pattaya will be a ghost town.

1218833463_images(1).jpeg.337aded8c0c9d0470782f3eed5b83a29.jpeg

Not exactly arractive to tourists. Maybe some nostalgia trips. 

Accommodation choices may be a bit thin on the ground for the first mongers to come back.  The large hotel chains will still be here, but smaller hotels and guest houses may be lacking.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Gone

The Indian restaurant that bought Chunky Monkey seems to be still holding on....Along with a bunch of other Indian restaurants....

Edited by redwood1

I must admit, I:m looking on the Nightwish Group with interest. Going from his you-tube channel, the guy is a pretty decent person. If they can't make it, who can? Everybody's hanging on by the skin of their teeth. It really needs some big initiative from central government to keep the infrastructure alive; <deleted> the fantastical high value tourist. The bread and buttter is John from Manchester,and his mates. No-one, absolutely, no-one, is coming here here, full stop.

• Like 1

"THIS IS TO INFORM ALL OUR CUSTOMERS & FRIENDS THAT WE ARE 100% OPEN EVERY DAY FROM 7AM UNTIL 9PM.
WE DO HOPE THIS CLARIFICATION CAN BE PASSED ONTO THE SPREADERS OF MALICIOUS GOSSIP WHO MAY FEEL THREATENED AND VULNERABLE BY OUR HARD WORK AND SHEER DETERMINATION DURING THIS TIME.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMPLETE UNDERSTANDING AND CONTINUED SUPPORT - EVERYONE @ CHEAP CHARLIES"

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

All bars and restaurants are closed! What a pointless thread!! Please mods..

Are they closed for good, or closed due to government restrictions?

Since you seem to know, how about posting which ones are closed for good.  No, I didn't think so.  

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 2:39 PM, jacko45k said:

I thought it clear as I wrote it... but here I meant that, I expect they will return TO the village without much money and no savings. Times have been lean.  If they get back to Pattaya in the future, probably borrowed the fare.

the coin earned from one ST punter covers that bus fare so is easily repaid within a short time frame.