Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

7 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Damn I forgot about that place.  I recall the ads on TV years ago, good references for a western breakfast.  

adverts were on sophon cable tv for years, 55 B breakfast, all food cheap (and edible if not the best quality) chang beer 35 all day, but i'd never seen it busy.( except on party nights with free chilli and shots). dunno how it kept going for as long as it did.

2 minutes ago, jastheace said:

adverts were on sophon cable tv for years, 55 B breakfast, all food cheap (and edible if not the best quality) chang beer 35 all day, but i'd never seen it busy.( except on party nights with free chilli and shots). dunno how it kept going for as long as it did.

Usually it is called a place to do laundry (run break-even, make profit with 3rd party activities).

Edited by tabarin
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, elliss said:

You  joke , about  joking about a persons supposed death . 

You must be so sad and lonely ... Go Away ..

PS , fyi   the proprietor ,  is  a well known character on brit TV comedy .

Obviously , he did not like you,   same me ...

hahahaha yr funny. 

you never went there then 5555

18 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Why don't you go and have a look? Might be a better use of your time than these constant inane questions.

Get a kindle , i did not travel 6000 milles to go bars ... 

3 minutes ago, tabarin said:

Usually it is called a place to do laundry (run break-even, make profit with 3rd party activities).

interesting, I won't ask what tho. I've made a new enemy by looks of it and have been told to go, obviously I must obey... so bye

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, jastheace said:

hahahaha yr funny. 

you never went there then 5555

Yep , started going there 15 years ago, and many times after .

I was there when your shte was green , and it still is ...

Wow 48 posts , are you another Nam vet...

Fyi , there is a good eating place nearby , Canterbury Daves , good quality food .

Doubt if you can afford  the quality food , for quality farlangs , dress code , etc ...

Edited by elliss

13 minutes ago, jastheace said:

interesting, I won't ask what tho. I've made a new enemy by looks of it and have been told to go, obviously I must obey... so bye

Could be anything, doesn't have to be domestic. But one never asks that question to a business directly, most obviously.
How do you think all those Chinese and Korean businesses run, most are just for the sake of a visa.

Edited by tabarin

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

I think there will be no more high season. 

The peak season will still exist, but the more lengthy high season has gone.

Replaced by bus loads of none spending Chinese and Indians, all year around.

The one constant is change, deal with it.

We don't need more doomsday experts, we already have enough of those boobs on the forum.

If you don't like change, live up to your name, and leave.

????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Seriously guys, is there no concern for the establishments you frequent?

I know I have seen a few of my favorite places really struggling, to the point I would not be surprised to see their doors closed soon.

A few of these are well established and nice places, that did have regular, and repeat clientele.

Good food.  Pleasant staff.  Nice environment. Cold beer.  All the sport on.  I will miss them, if / when they close. 

You will miss for one day and then find another better place.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I first came here in about 2005, the exchange rate was great and to be honest the girls were really beautiful, I took more than a few out of places like Angelwitch and Secrets back in the day and other places, all of them were slim and attractive, no tramp stamps

It is a freaking nightmare, today I had to witness 3 new old and fat girls joining a bar, that doesn't have any good looking girls, none under 30 years old even.
Only reason I still visit is the good pool table and owner. It felt so miserable that I rang the bell to feel nice during my short stay, playing a game.

Edited by tabarin
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tabarin said:

It is a freaking nightmare, today I had to witness 3 new old and fat girls joining a bar, that doesn't have any good looking girls, none under 30 years old even.
Only reason I still visit is the good pool table and owner. It felt so miserable that I rang the bell to feel nice during my short stay, playing a game.

Sorry to hear that mate, the place is a nightmare, fortunately I am happily settled with a lady for the last 8 years and have no need of the services offered by the aforementioned places.

Just as an aside, does anyone know what a longtime from either Angelwitch or Secrets would be these days, back in 2005/6/7/8 it was about 1000 to 1500 Baht, purely for research of course ???? 

44 minutes ago, elliss said:

Get a kindle , i did not travel 6000 milles to go bars ... 

What on earth are you on about? Kindle? Bars? The subject was MacDonald's. You do know what a MacDonald's is don't you?

Edited by emptypockets
  • Haha 2

Seen a change of client DNA that's for sure. What was a farang bar/restaurant has disappeared and now the last 3 times I visited only Thais in the place. 

Saw a farang  group begin to congregate outside a small shop selling beer with chairs. Not a bar in any shape or form. Plenty of choice round there for bars too.

2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Same as having two 7-11s right next to two Family Marts and all within 50 feet of each other.

You don't know why that is?

If a 7/11 or family market reach a certain revenue figure, the company will open another franchise in that location.

It's written in the contract.

I don't know how much it is now, but years ago for 7/11 it was when they make a monthly profit of 40K baht.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leaver said:

Seriously guys, is there no concern for the establishments you frequent?

I know I have seen a few of my favorite places really struggling, to the point I would not be surprised to see their doors closed soon.

A few of these are well established and nice places, that did have regular, and repeat clientele.

Good food.  Pleasant staff.  Nice environment. Cold beer.  All the sport on.  I will miss them, if / when they close. 

Name them.