Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

On 5/3/2020 at 8:05 AM, scubascuba3 said:

I heard he was selling, always seems to sell the restaurants he sets up, Robins Nest, Chunky Monkey. Very popular and he does have a good flare for food, quality and pricing

So, he makes remarkable recoveries every time he sells a restaurant.  I could imagine that would be good for one's health, particularly mental health.   ????

• Haha 2

Devastating simply devastating,  look on baht sold, the whole country is under a fire sale. All cities, hotels gogos, bars restaurants, ghuesthouses, etc etc etc. 

Leaver started this thread in lean times, now with the virus, it's totally unbelievable. Owners can't give away businesses

7 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Devastating simply devastating,  look on baht sold, the whole country is under a fire sale. All cities, hotels gogos, bars restaurants, ghuesthouses, etc etc etc. 

Leaver started this thread in lean times, now with the virus, it's totally unbelievable. Owners can't give away businesses

Thanks for the heads up lol, I never realised there was a problem. 

But happy not 2 out of my 4 favourites which is what concerns me, they are now allowed to reopen and have. I'm confident the other 2 will also when allowed to do so. 

I don't really care about the prospect of hundreds of hospitality businesses closing in an overstaurated market, especially since I don't frequent them. It's been said a lot on this thread the pie is being cut into too many pieces, I'm sure the better run businesses won't lament the loss of some of the competition either. 

Business closures were growing over the last year around town in non-hospitality which was a sign to me a wider recession was happening, you appear to be a bit slow on the uptake. 

On 5/2/2020 at 8:00 AM, redwood1 said:

A new month and almost no Indian Restaurants have called it a day... 

Indians are not stupid . Highly likely the restaurant is for a business visa or a front for other things like money lending . 

Also I get no pleasure out of watching people’s life savings go down the pan right now. Hopefully the next wave of tourists who come with a pocket full of cash will think twice before they invest in a country like Thailand . I just got an $80k grant from the government for my business what help are the business owners in Thailand getting ? Absolutely zero . 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

It would not be entirely off topic to discuss, "Will your favorite bar or restaurant be opening again, and if so, for how long?"  

On 5/1/2020 at 8:47 PM, TaaSaparot said:

Contrary to what some posted on here, Cafe Pitini has re-opened.

Have you been in since it reopened and was it busy ?  

Other than seeing a massive free food queue stretching along Buakeow up LK Metro as I went past yesterday late afternoon I couldn't see much activity. 

5 hours ago, Leaver said:

It would not be entirely off topic to discuss, "Will your favorite bar or restaurant be opening again, and if so, for how long?"  

I think it would be off topic in Ron's case, this is a Pattaya related thread. 

Speaking of Pizza......I have always been happy with New York Pizza since forever.......But the last few pizzas I have gotten from them they seem.......Well off.......I cant quite put my finger on what the problem is......Maybe its the cheese or the dough or ??? but I was just not happy with them......Before this I never a bad one....I think I will be looking for a new pizza place..

On 5/8/2020 at 4:17 AM, Ron jeremy said:

I have just posted of a gogo for sale on Baht Sold in which the owner just walked away. 

When I looked on Baht Sold, you are correct, hotels, guest houses, restaurants, gogo, bars etc for sale.  Many were in Central Pattaya, with quite a lot on Soi Buakhao, or in that area.    

On 5/8/2020 at 12:06 PM, kinyara said:

Thanks for the heads up lol, I never realised there was a problem. 

But happy not 2 out of my 4 favourites which is what concerns me, they are now allowed to reopen and have. I'm confident the other 2 will also when allowed to do so. 

I don't really care about the prospect of hundreds of hospitality businesses closing in an overstaurated market, especially since I don't frequent them. It's been said a lot on this thread the pie is being cut into too many pieces, I'm sure the better run businesses won't lament the loss of some of the competition either. 

Business closures were growing over the last year around town in non-hospitality which was a sign to me a wider recession was happening, you appear to be a bit slow on the uptake. 

Is it possible your favorite place/s could become uncomfortably crowded in the near future?  

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

You could not possibly be more blind to the message here. And the message is that millions will be out of work. Tens or hundreds of thousands of bars, restaurants, hotels, guest houses, and other businesses are going to close nationwide, permanently. Customer bases have eroded, employees have disappeared, owners have been stuck paying rent during the largest experiment in insanity to take place during our lifetimes. And that is a complete economic shutdown. Never been done before, for 100 good reasons. It was inane. And what will it take to ramp up, and how many will be devastated in the process? 

You seem to be blind to the date of the post you replied to. I think events have overtaken his original post in fairnness

• Like 2

On 5/10/2020 at 4:32 PM, redwood1 said:

Speaking of Pizza......I have always been happy with New York Pizza since forever.......But the last few pizzas I have gotten from them they seem.......Well off.......I cant quite put my finger on what the problem is......Maybe its the cheese or the dough or ??? but I was just not happy with them......Before this I never a bad one....I think I will be looking for a new pizza place..

Agreed, hasn't been good and new york prices, won't be ordering again from them probably either.

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Is it possible your favorite place/s could become uncomfortably crowded in the near future?  

I avoided one of my favourites on a couple of occassions in the run up to shutdown as I wasn't comfortable with the set up when it was crowded, I'd hope they are a bit more clued up on reopening, if not it's an easy choice for me. 

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

True. But, perhaps it is more relevant than ever now. 

Agreed and even more stark in a tourist resort like Pattaya in what is low season anyway. The absence of tourists from wherever and the thousands of migrant Thais that staff the businesses in normal times gives the town a distinctlyeerie feeling of emptiness. Ican't remember even in quieter times. 

3 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

Key money is 3.5 million ???? but they will sell the whole building for 85 million ???????? what planet are these pretenders on ? 

Wow... must be the bargain of the century. Almost giving it away at those prices!

Hope the queue of prospective buyers practice social distancing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ThaidDown said:

Wow... must be the bargain of the century. Almost giving it away at those prices!

Hope the queue of prospective buyers practice social distancing.

If they have $3 million they should just give it to me as I can burn money too . 

1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

Patrick's Steakhouse re-opened but after 3 days decided it was not worth it.

Will re-open again once the curfew and alcohol ban has been lifted.

You expect someone to enjoy a nice juicy steak without a glass or two of red wine to help with the digestion.

I'll be in once he's open again

• Like 1