Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

On 5/10/2020 at 4:32 PM, redwood1 said:

Speaking of Pizza......I have always been happy with New York Pizza since forever.......But the last few pizzas I have gotten from them they seem.......Well off.......I cant quite put my finger on what the problem is......Maybe its the cheese or the dough or ??? but I was just not happy with them......Before this I never a bad one....I think I will be looking for a new pizza place..

I agree New York pizzas have changed for the worse. There is far less cheese and other toppings like mushrooms. Is there a new owner? I too am looking for a new pizza place!

Edited by Banana7
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Banana7 said:

I agree New York pizzas have changed for the worse. There is far less cheese and other toppings like mushrooms. Is there a new owner? I too am looking for a new pizza place!

Well thats 3 people here who think New York Pizza has gone to the dogs.....

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 2:58 PM, chrisandsu said:

Key money is 3.5 million ???? but they will sell the whole building for 85 million ???????? what planet are these pretenders on ? 

Look at the rent.  250k baht a month.  That's a lot of alcohol and bar fine sales, just for the landlord, each month.  

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 3:09 PM, jacko45k said:

Well, not really likely!

Perhaps the ad should read, "Buy now, no work needed, be fully operation by the end of 2021."   ????

Edited by Leaver
  • Haha 1

I'm guessing there will be a lot of bargains shortly, if you're willing to take a chance - buy low, sell high. A crystal ball giving a prediction of a revival in the Pattaya sex, booze, and, ooer, can't think of anything else, market, would be useful; should it happen at all. Volatility always brings great opportunity.

25 minutes ago, nausea said:

I'm guessing there will be a lot of bargains shortly, if you're willing to take a chance - buy low, sell high. A crystal ball giving a prediction of a revival in the Pattaya sex, booze, and, ooer, can't think of anything else, market, would be useful; should it happen at all. Volatility always brings great opportunity.

Who will you sell to?

9 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Yep and the wages utilities and stock ! Breaking even would be a shock . 

Obviously, they still think there are some western dreamers and / or scammers around.   

I would say this gogo will remained closed, unless the Thai landlord puts some dodgy Thai management and staff in, just to keep the doors open and the lights on.  

13 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Who will you sell to?

I was wondering the same thing about your property in Pattaya. 

I guess the relations can get stuck with the anchor after you're gone.  ????

• Thanks 1

On 5/9/2020 at 12:05 PM, scubascuba3 said:

The entrance on beach road to Pattaya Beer Garden is closed off with corrugated sheeting, I can't see that opening anytime soon

According to the Pete, his intention is to definitely re-open, but the lease is expiring which has complicated things and he is in negotiations with the landlord at the moment.

Edited by TaaSaparot

55 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I was wondering the same thing about your property in Pattaya. 

I guess the relations can get stuck with the anchor after you're gone.  ????

If it rains they will need an ancho in the boat to get thru the flooded streets! But as Harvard Harry has already told us, it only floods when it rains.????????

PumPui's restaurant pizzeria

Dear customers and friends.

You will maybe be surprised or not but we would like inform that Pumpui's restaurant will be closed for good at the end of May. We have been open for 6 years now but now we took some decisions and back to France. We made this choice as a family reason and only for this reason. We would like thanks all our faithful customers and friends.We will never forget you.

However we gonna remain open till half June for bread only.

Thank again to everyone who make this beautiful journey happend. Be safe and healthy.
We expect to leave and of July and my coffee machine is working good so please come to see us and spend some time together.

All the best for you
Pumpui's

On 5/17/2020 at 6:52 PM, kinyara said:

The closure of my favourite bar or restaurant isnt imminent but i can predict that Leaver and Ron Jeremy will be trawling and posting bahtsold adverts for free. 

You are quite confident that your favorite bar and / or restaurant will not close down.  What gives you that confidence?

I have posted a couple of Baht Sold adverts to show that the closures will not just be on Walking Street, but in the areas where return tourists frequent, as well as where expats socialize. 

I posted just two examples, but that website has many in Central Pattaya.  Everything for sale from large hotels to beer bars. 

Would you care to put a percentage of what will remain open, 6 months from now, compared to pre virus? 

3 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

6 months? .... why not 6 years?

I think after 6 months we will have a fair idea of what post virus Pattaya will look like, and that's what it will continue to look like for the next 3 years, but I wouldn't say as long as 6 years. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

I think after 6 months we will have a fair idea of what post virus Pattaya will look like, and that's what it will continue to look like for the next 3 years, but I wouldn't say as long as 6 years. 

I'm sure my favourite sports bar will also not close.

5 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

It's not Retox.

I never suggested it was.

I am merely saying that if one of the most, if not the most, popular sports bar in Pattaya is for sale, what makes you so confident your favorite sports bar will remain open, into the future? 

5 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I never suggested it was.

I am merely saying that if one of the most, if not the most, popular sports bar in Pattaya is for sale, what makes you so confident your favorite sports bar will remain open, into the future? 

It's too good to close, mainly expat customers that are full time here ( like many of these places ) and it's not in Pattaya's CBD.

• Like 1