Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

4 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

I spoke to one of the girls who works at Pattaya Beer Garden this morning, and she said they have started working on the bar today in anticipation of opening soon.

Since they might have a restaurant license they can open already - without selling (openly...) alcohol. It is a nice place to sit there and eat something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

Since they might have a restaurant license they can open already - without selling (openly...) alcohol. It is a nice place to sit there and eat something. 

The other issue currently is access, the whole front to the street is sealed uo because of the renovation of the beer bars in front. That said anytime I walk past there doesn't sound like there is much if any work going on inside. If the Beer Garden opens up quickly after the lifting of the alcohol ban you're going to be walking past a construction site going in and out.

• Like 1

Passed by Sugar Shack today in Pattayaland, it was the oldest golfing bar in Pattaya.

A brand new "for rent" sign is now posted up & all the old signage gone.

It was the last bar that traded with a fairly decent customer base before the closures in that soi.

RIP Pattayaland.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Oldie said:

Yes, but as I already posted there have been problems.

1 minute ago, SidJames said:

Passed by Sugar Shack today in Pattayaland, it was the oldest golfing bar in Pattaya.

A brand new "for rent" sign is now posted up & all the old signage gone.

It was the last bar that traded with a fairly decent customer base before the closures in that soi.

RIP Pattayaland.

Been up for sale (openly) for quite sometime.

19 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Been up for sale (openly) for quite sometime.

I knew but they were still trading.

I find it sad that these old spots have closed their doors for the last time.

I remember times when you couldn't get a seat in there & had to stand on the pavement to watch a game.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, SidJames said:

I knew but they were still trading.

I find it sad that these old spots have closed their doors for the last time.

I remember times when you couldn't get a seat in there & had to stand on the pavement to watch a game.

I remember when it was on the corner of Beach Road ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

Blue Cafe is a new opening on Soi Buakhao

101458676_2931556970212758_2441772270578779441_n.jpg.9fefc9ef3472f8091c6e92a98b8f114e.jpg

101408894_2931556743546114_8550293854314077442_n.jpg.9947eb415d25366e1c8e3c44594e3d81.jpg

102906772_2931557023546086_4256354681840031042_n.jpg.2124439f6fb74e242a5863e098178120.jpg

Finally 1 bar in Soi Buakhao. Hard to believe. Many empty places at the moment and even a hotel building removed providing even more space. A great location where you can/have to walk in the middle of an extremely busy street without any pavement. But many ladymen along the way will entertain you with motivations to use their services and give you perhaps expensive hugs. I don't understand why they don't open their bars at the Third Road. There is a lot of space and there are great pavements. But I have to admit - I never had a bar here and never wanted to have one. Perhaps I am not clever enough. 

• Confused 1

On 5/24/2020 at 5:55 AM, scubascuba3 said:

That's not the dealbreaker it's the social distancing in restaurants and no alcohol. Might as well do takeaways until Corona blows over

Might as well stay closed till corona blows over

1 hour ago, torturedsole said:

The question is what are these establishments opening to.  A vacuum?  They're certainly ballsy and pioneers in their field.  

This might be an unknown business model. I am eager to watch them ????

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, kinyara said:

The other issue currently is access, the whole front to the street is sealed uo because of the renovation of the beer bars in front. That said anytime I walk past there doesn't sound like there is much if any work going on inside. If the Beer Garden opens up quickly after the lifting of the alcohol ban you're going to be walking past a construction site going in and out.

I agree I don't hear any work being done at Pattaya beer garden so i reckon it will be closed for months

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I agree I don't hear any work being done at Pattaya beer garden so i reckon it will be closed for months

Isn't there a post elsewhere suggesting it is planning for a June 15th opening?

53 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Isn't there a post elsewhere suggesting it is planning for a June 15th opening?

No date has been mentioned specifically for the Beer Garden other than a staff member saying things were being cleaned up inside. The shutdown coincided with lease renewal, nothing unusual in that in the normal business scheme of things other than if no agreement is reached and if they are preparing it for potential opening I guess that's been done.  

I'm stilll curious how they deal with the situation at the front as it currently stands, not a problem for us locals that know the place but a bit of a challenge to attract local or near asian passing tourist trade who may be the only additional game in town for the next few months. 

I wonder if the same landlord owns front and back and if so that could raise a few conspiracy theories regarding the future direction of what's in store there. A Chinese orientated. Complex at the gateway to Walking Street? 

2 hours ago, kinyara said:

No date has been mentioned specifically for the Beer Garden

I read it on another forum, the 15th is the expected move to Phase 4 conditions.

I spoke to one of the girls who works atPBG this morning, and she said they have started working on the bar today in anticipation of opening soon.

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Pattaya Beer Garden had staff in yesterday working on the place, so they are ready to open when the alcohol serving ban is lifted.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

We shall see, little point in opening when no tourists for some months

I know the place is popular with Expats, but usually as a meeting and starting point for a beer and burger before hitting the GGBs on Walking St.

4 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

The Subway shop round the corner from the entrance to Walking Street has been put up for sale.

4,000,000 baht + 425,000 baht key money.

????

Really undersized place.

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I know the place is popular with Expats, but usually as a meeting and starting point for a beer and burger before hitting the GGBs on Walking St.

I'm sure they won't have thought it through, their business plan will be done on the back of a fag packet like everyone elses

16 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm sure they won't have thought it through, their business plan will be done on the back of a fag packet like everyone elses

About one of the busiest and most successful bars in Pattaya? .... WOW!