Immigration Law Changes

I just learned in a newsletter from Swiss Embassy in Bangkok that very likely this September new visa changes will be announced respectively become effective and all embassies are going to be informed accordingly. What’s up I ask myself?

Obviously they’ll have to eventually update the current immigration act to reflect last year’s new police orders when all the new immigration procedures were made that’s probably what it is I had forgotten about that until Joe mentioned it. I actually do remember that now from way before the election.

29 minutes ago, Mel52 said:

Obviously they’ll have to eventually update the current immigration act to reflect last year’s new police orders when all the new immigration procedures were made that’s probably what it is I had forgotten about that until Joe mentioned it. I actually do remember that now from way before the election.

There is no need to change anything in the immigration act due to the police order changes.

14 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

7.  You forgot...assign a parole officer to each longstay retiree...

Ankle bracelets to come later...

8. You will have to sign a form when entering Thailand that you agree to visit only for up to 60 days. Should you attempt to stay longer, you'll get arrested and deported, while all your possessions, but esp. cash, credit cards, and bank accounts in Thailand, will be confiscated for the benefit of the Thailand Generals Mia Noi Welfare Fund...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Talk to your home government about the falling lb.

I am a Brit and I don't use or earn pounds BUT cost of living has gone up substantially for me living in Bangkok over last 10 years.

• Like 2

Possibly it will just be a general apology caused by the actions of Big Joke when he was running immigration  ????????  Or else reversing the insistence that Embassies verify anything and revert to the old method of each embassy just endorsing, in many cases total codswallop, income statements.????????

37 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Possibly it will just be a general apology caused by the actions of Big Joke when he was running immigration  ????????  Or else reversing the insistence that Embassies verify anything and revert to the old method of each embassy just endorsing, in many cases total codswallop, income statements.????????

Or hopefully the BIG JOKE replacement...think name BIG ORD (not sure) changing his big push for tm30.

Guys I think they will be lowering the 800,000 to maybe 200,000 needed for a retirement visa.....They will be allowing unlimited visa exempts and unlimited tourist visas back to back.No more 90 day or TM 30 also....

Edited by fforest1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

7.  You forgot...assign a parole officer to each longstay retiree...

Ankle bracelets to come later...

Sure we could add 8 to 20.

I'm hoping that for extensions based on marriage might include more than husband & wife sitting on edge of bed. Bit mundane. Spice it up. 

Edited by DrJack54