Bathroom sink water pipe fixed to the wall is leaking, how to change it ?

gamesgplayemail

2 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

The picture of the s- trap flowing into a 90 degree bend is improper plumbing and would not pass code where I live .

no vent!

this would simply siphon upon draining, or get pulled from another draining fixture. 

A vent MUST be installed within one pipe diameter fall of trap and vent.

nothing or very little is vented in Thailand or Asia for that matter, or vented properly.

hence the stink.

simply putting in a p-trap, s bend does nothing if not vented PROPERLY.

image.png

Many/ most Thai houses drain grey water into a drain outside the house- no vent needed. Toilet goes into a septic tank.

I've never seen plumbing where the pipe goes upward from the T joint in your diagram to the vent pipe, and that's in NZ as well as the UK and Thailand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Many/ most Thai houses drain grey water into a drain outside the house- no vent needed. Toilet goes into a septic tank.

I've never seen plumbing where the pipe goes upward from the T joint in your diagram to the vent pipe, and that's in NZ as well as the UK and Thailand.

There are several different arrangements and most of the houses around here are nowhere near a drain. The most common arrangement is 2 concrete tanks in the ground constructed from concrete rings, one for black water and one for the grey. Excess black water passes into the grey tank and then excess from that tank is leeched into the land. tanks of this type are normally vented via small pieces of blue pipe in the concrete lids.

I use plastic underground tanks in a similar manner, black overflows into grey and the grey overflows into a 3rd holding tank and from there regularly pumped onto the garden. There is a vent pipe from the pipework that runs underground and comes up the side of an outhouse. The builder did want to take it up the side of the house but I wasn't too keen on that arrangement.

Whatever some may think, Thai builders are quite aware of the need for venting, there may however be a problem with the average plumber.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

The picture of the s- trap flowing into a 90 degree bend is improper plumbing and would not pass code where I live .

no vent!

this would simply siphon upon draining, or get pulled from another draining fixture. 

A vent MUST be installed within one pipe diameter fall of trap and vent.

nothing or very little is vented in Thailand or Asia for that matter, or vented properly.

hence the stink.

simply putting in a p-trap, s bend does nothing if not vented PROPERLY.

image.png

Not sure what your point is to be honest.

On 8/15/2019 at 2:43 AM, sotonowl said:

Wheres it go to on the outside mate? It won't be fixed to the wall it will just pass through it. Is the trap (the white fitting your leaky pipe attaches to a push fit would you know?

Its a condo, it cannot go to neighbor place...

????

Thank you to all, so I will just try to pull the pipe on the wall and change all.

I was just scare that I could not put it back in the wall, but even if I am doing it the Thai style, I should be able to to do it ????

And in case I am too stupid, I will call homepro service to tell them to fix it. Do you know if Thaiwatsadu or other shops also offer this fitting service ?

thanks again.

5 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

And in case I am too stupid, I will call homepro service to tell them to fix it. Do you know if Thaiwatsadu or other shops also offer this fitting service ?

thanks again.

FWIW, I've dealt with the HomePro outlet at Ploenchit. They have a service desk there with a couple of staff who handle setting up home service orders. They don't speak any EN at all, so best be prepared for that. Neither have either of the contractor guys they've sent out to our home.

Good to take photos of the things/area you want them to work on, so they can see what kinds and sizes of things are needed. Or, in the alternative, I found out recently from them that they'll send someone out for a 1000b fee to scope out and estimate the job in terms of the cost and the exact materials needed. And then if you go ahead with having them do the work, they deduct/credit the 1000b inspection fee off the job.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

Its a condo, it cannot go to neighbor place...

????

The water can and will go where ever there is a path for it to go..after doing the job it might be a good idea to ask your downstairs neighbour to keep an eye out for water leaking from their ceiling.