Thai road carnage: Six dead in two accidents on Saturday night

webfact

I refuse to drive at night anywhere in Thailand. The number of drunken drivers on the road  and speeding and some dont even turn there lights on No tail lights and people standing on the road. Funny I was watchinga video on Bhutan a small country just north of India and i noticed that the cars actually do stop for people walking across zebra crossings. Now Bhutan is considered a 3rd world country but at least they know more rules than the Thais

• Like 2

I have just returned from a 2.000 km trip, what I saw is really the explanation because Thailand is among the first countries in the world for road deaths!
An example: two big busses full of people, at a speed of 120 km per hour with torrential rain and an absolutely dangerous way of driving.
In Suphan Buri I witnessed a race of thirty high-powered scooters, very dangerous for everyone.
When will you decide to properly train these killer drivers?
You are so good at making new laws but not as many as making them respect!

Yes. If the billions spent on the military was redirected to police and traffic enforcement, including eliminating on the spot payments of fines, and mandatory driver training, the road carnage would reduce dramatically.

I have just returned from a 2.000 km trip, what I saw is really the explanation because Thailand is among the first countries in the world for road deaths!
An example: two big busses full of people, at a speed of 120 km per hour with torrential rain and an absolutely dangerous way of driving.
In Suphan Buri I witnessed a race of thirty high-powered scooters, very dangerous for everyone.
When will you decide to properly train these killer drivers?
You are so good at making new laws but not as many as making them respect!
  • Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 6:11 AM, ubon farang said:

I refuse to drive at night anywhere in Thailand. The number of drunken drivers on the road  and speeding and some dont even turn there lights on No tail lights and people standing on the road. Funny I was watchinga video on Bhutan a small country just north of India and i noticed that the cars actually do stop for people walking across zebra crossings. Now Bhutan is considered a 3rd world country but at least they know more rules than the Thais

It's called respect for the law instead of the me me me attitude entrenched in Thailand