TM-30, TM-28 and Power of Attorney

4 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Existing TM30 would have an expiry date on it (=end of extension date?) so after you have extended would need another TM30 with a new expiry date on it I would imagine?

This hasn't come up as a potential issue, yet. If only because enforcement is a recent phenomenon.

My sense is that the validity/expiration of a TM30 is not in any way tied to the extension of stay, or if it is, it (the TM30) would be extended (naturally) if the the exisitng visa is extended for another year.

But add this one to the 'question' bucket for the next FCCT TM30 "event".

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Yes...your current TM30 would suffice.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

This one.

(Assuming you haven't stayed somewhere where someone has filed a TM30 on your behalf.)

And until Immigration changes the rules/enforcement, and comes up with some new requirement, like an annual/quarterly TM30 "check-up".

Great responses - Thanks

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

This hasn't come up as a potential issue, yet. If only because enforcement is a recent phenomenon.

My sense is that the validity/expiration of a TM30 is not in any way tied to the extension of stay, or if it is, it (the TM30) would be extended (naturally) if the the exisitng visa is extended for another year.

But add this one to the 'question' bucket for the next FCCT TM30 "event".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

WorriedNoodle said:

Existing TM30 would have an expiry date on it (=end of extension date?) so after you have extended would need another TM30 with a new expiry date on it I would imagine?

I just looked at my TM.30 in my passport and it only has the date of issue and not any expiry date. However this is not to say that IM would not impose extra unwritten rules.

2 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

The TM30 receipt of notification stapled in my passport has no expiry date on it, just a date of issue.

10 minutes ago, scott60 said:

I  just  got my US  passport  renewed

Will  go to CW  next  week  for my retirement  yearly  extension of stay

If I get mt TM 30  first will  they put it in the new  passport?

Thanks

You can not just show up with a new passport at an Immigration Office. The transition from your old passport to a new passport is a procedure in itself. If I remember correctly, it´s a few years ago, I had the same issue. You need to fill in a form and have to show copies of the ID-page and every stamped/visa page from your old passport. After that they give you a stamp in your new passport confirming the transition.

Now your new passport is considered legal and will you be able go through all the 'normal' procedures, needed to get an extension of stay.

But this info is a few years old and was not at CW, so maybe things have changed or are different at CW.

31 minutes ago, Memento Mori said:

The TM30 receipt of notification stapled in my passport has no expiry date on it, just a date of issue.

That is correct, but the page #2 of the TM30 form titled "NAME OF ALIENS IN RESIDENCE" has an input for "Expire date of stay" which I understood couldn't be beyond the visa?

The online TM30 asks the same.

I'm sure it will become an issue later.

18 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

That is correct, but the page #2 of the TM30 form titled "NAME OF ALIENS IN RESIDENCE" has an input for "Expire date of stay" which I understood couldn't be beyond the visa?

The online TM30 asks the same.

I'm sure it will become an issue later.

This is the expiry date of your current permission of stay in Thailand, not how long you will stay at this place.

19 minutes ago, Memento Mori said:

You can not just show up with a new passport at an Immigration Office.

I assumed that they already transferred the stamps?

If not then yes, that would be done first, also in the L section at CW. Not sure if there is a TM30 check for this; I did it last week, but do have a valid TM30 on file.

53 minutes ago, scott60 said:

If I get mt TM 30  first will  they put it in the new  passport?

Assuming you file in person you'll get the bottom-most part of the TM30 form as a receipt. What you do with it is likely up to you.

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

This is the expiry date of your current permission of stay in Thailand, not how long you will stay at this place.

Yes. But then the TM30 application would need an updated "Expire date of stay" once visa extended and this done by another TM30 application?

On 8/26/2019 at 1:30 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That's right. Renters can report themselves for TM30 at BKK CW Immigration and don't need a power of attorney from their landlord to do so... But what they will typically need are signed copies of the landlord's ID (Thai ID for Thai landlords) and of the landlord's tabien banh, along with a copy of their lease/rental agreement, along with the filer's other standard things (photocopies of their passport pages and TM6 card).

I got an Agent to do mine (2,000 THB) and all they needed was a copy of my lease agreement & my passport, no mention of them needing anything from the landlord.

CW is about 1.5 hours (each way) trip for me, add in 30 mins to do the report so yes, I do think it's a hassle / pain in the backside & anybody who says it's not must either never leave home (I'm in & out of Thailand an average of 3 times every 2 months) or live close to their immigration office.

1 minute ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Yes. But then the TM30 application would need an updated "Expire date of stay" once visa extended and this done by another TM30 application?

Why?

Not sayin' they won't require this, but just not seein' a reason to do so?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

Why?

Not sayin' they won't require this, but just not seein' a reason to do so?

Probably because if somebody leaves Thailand and comes back, and the only thing which changed was the arrival card number, they also want a new one.

4 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Don't give them new ideas ????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Probably because if somebody leaves Thailand and comes back, and the only thing which changed was the arrival card number, they also want a new one.

Yeah, but that's not why a new TM30 is filed, it is filed because you have to report your address within 24 hours. You could be returning from a domestic trip, where no change in TM6 was involved. 

Again, not seein a requirement to file a new TM30 when you get a new extension.

I got a new passport, tranferred the stamps. didn't have to file a new TM30, even though my PP# changed. "Old" (current/exisiting/most recenly filed) TM30 fine.

I bet if you asked 10 immigration officials, nine would say you don't have to file a new TM30 when you get a new extension.

The 10th would say, yes, and "it's so easy to do".

Uàpdate on on line TM30

Took from 1july to 22Aug to get ID and password (Jomtien Chonburi) and many many attempts to get data saved. Needed my wife to interpret visa type and dates even though I had it in English before we got the data saved. 

Wanted to get it done before visiting TI for extension stamp to a avoid possible problems.

TM30 on line is much more difficult to understand than 90 day on line!

51 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I got an Agent to do mine (2,000 THB)...

(I'm in & out of Thailand an average of 3 times every 2 months)

So are you planning to pay an agent 2000b a pop to do your TM30s every time you leave and return to the country?

When I did mine earlier this year by postal mail, it cost 10b for the SASE envelope stamp plus a few baht extra for some photocopies.... However, that was before the current crush of TM30 business hit at BKK CW.

So it was concerning to read Pib's report above about having mailed in his TM30 filing via EMS to BKK CW and then never having gotten a response back.

It would be interesting to hear whether others lately are having success or problems with mailed TM30 filings sent to BKK CW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So are you planning to pay an agent 2000b a pop to do your TM30s every time you leave and return to the country?

When I did mine earlier this year by postal mail, it cost 10b for the SASE envelope stamp plus a few baht extra for some photocopies.... However, that was before the current crush of TM30 business hit at BKK CW.

So it was concerning to read Pib's report above about having mailed in his TM30 filing via EMS to BKK CW and then never having gotten a response back.

It would be interesting to hear whether others lately are having success or problems with mailed TM30 filings sent to BKK CW.

No, I plan on registering for the online system (waiting for docs from Landlord) & only plan on filing a TM30 when I need to do something at immigration (Which is just the yearly extension for me).

I did my yearly extension last Monday so I got to Thailand on the Thursday, went to the Agent that's in my Condo & got them to do the TM30 on the Friday then went to CW on the Monday to do the yearly extension/multi-reentry permit.

What documents did you provide with your application by mail? (I'm guessing you didn't send your passport by post, I couldn't do that due to the fact I was flying back the following Sunday and couldn't risk it getting lost/delayed in the post).

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

What documents did you provide with your application by mail? (I'm guessing you didn't send your passport by post, I couldn't do that due to the fact I was flying back the following Sunday and couldn't risk it getting lost/delayed in the post).

I generally followed the advice that's been previously posted here re TM30s sent by mail, and it was accepted. 

As for passport, never the original. Always just photocopies.

2062894993_JCTM30PostalsubmissionreportbyJC.jpg.9fddca758215feb60966e3df0c4deee4.jpg

Here's what a sign posted at CW says in in-person reporting:

511528016_2019TM30docsforBKKCWInPerson.jpg.f5cd5e0d62db37b46972640fb6e9dce5.jpg

I now have signed copies of my landlord's Thai ID and tabien ban blue book pages (which I didn't have when I mailed in my first TM30 early in 2019).  So the next time I have to send in a TM30, I'll probably include those as well just to be on the safe side.

263505826_TM30Mail-InReportingAddress.jpg.458cb2af318bd0d4493d35b2c63cf0c2.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 8/26/2019 at 12:21 PM, jackdd said:

If you have a rental contract in your name you can report yourself, no need for a power of attorney

Glad that you found a solution for a problem which probably didn't even exist.

You said "The OI stapled a paper in my passport".

"a paper" as in "one" paper? Did they just throw the TM28 away?

You get the "Receipt of Notification" stapled inside the passport. That's all you're supposed to get.

On 8/26/2019 at 7:21 AM, jackdd said:

If you have a rental contract in your name you can report yourself, no need for a power of attorney

But I thought if the homeowner isn’t there on the first TM30 of his tenants at immigration that he needs submit a POA?

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

You get the "Receipt of Notification" stapled inside the passport. That's all you're supposed to get.

He said he submitted a TM30 and a TM28, this would mean two "receipt of notification", one for each.

But he has just one, this probably means they tossed his TM28 in the trash, because they don't care about it.

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

But I thought if the homeowner isn’t there on the first TM30 of his tenants at immigration that he needs submit a POA?

You only need a POA if you do something in the name of somebody else.

When a tenant reports himself because he is the possessor a POA is not required.

• Like 2

On 8/26/2019 at 12:21 PM, jackdd said:

I have a rental contract with my name in it and they asked me for the power of attorney. However, they still let me complete it and without a fine despite not having the power of attorney. I will next time though!

On 8/26/2019 at 12:45 PM, Memento Mori said:

I had the impression they were a bit flexible just after the implementation of TM-30, because most people were caught by surprise.

Yeah, and whether or not they like your appearance or demeanor or not. ???? Maybe the wind also.

But I thought the same.

On 8/26/2019 at 6:16 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Folks can do TM30s by postal mail or, I gather, via the web or Android app to BKK CW...  It shouldn't require an in-person visit.

FWIW, I had a broader read on how BKK CW was/is enforcing the TM30s these days, including that they're mandating them even for domestic travel inside Thailand, not just international travel...

So I did a preemptive postal mail filing to avoid becoming #270 on the morning's TM30 filing queue at CW.

When you do it by mail, if there are any issues with the documents, they will notify you then try again? Is that correct?

25 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

I have a rental contract with my name in it and they asked me for the power of attorney. However, they still let me complete it and without a fine despite not having the power of attorney. I will next time though!

What POA they wanted? From the homeowner?

jackdd just explained if your doing the TM30 in ur name for urself they it doesn’t need POA.

58 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

What POA they wanted? From the homeowner?

jackdd just explained if your doing the TM30 in ur name for urself they it doesn’t need POA.

In some Immigration offices they ask for a POA anyway. Go figure.

1 hour ago, Solinvictus said:

When you do it by mail, if there are any issues with the documents, they will notify you then try again? Is that correct?

I wouldn't bet CW notifies you about anything if there are issues with the documents.

1 hour ago, Solinvictus said:

Not sure about that....

My mailed in TM30 to BKK CW was accepted and I got the receipt back in my SASE within a few days earlier this year.

But then more recently, member Pib here mailed in his TM30 to BKK CW, didn't receive his receipt back or anything else, and had no contact from them at all.

• Thanks 1