Deutsche Bank says records sought in Trump congressional probe include tax returns

webfact

1 hour ago, usviphotography said:

Let me be more precise than- nobody who is even remotely open to voting for President Trump in 2020 cares about his tax returns. Republicans do not care. Independents do not care. It is only the most hard core haters, people who traffic in bizarre and goofy conspiracy theories about Trump being a secret a Russian Spy, that "care" about his returns. And even they don't really care. It is just an excuse for them to criticize a guy they hate anyway. If he were to release his returns and nothing came of it, they would just move on to the next talking point, same as they did after the Mueller Report was finally released.

It is an easy call for Trump. There is zero upside for Trump in releasing his returns and in fact it would project weakness as it would make him appear to be kowtowing to the demands of his enemies.  

msnbc lawrence o' donnell had to retract and apologize publicly for the left wing russian hoax story that mr. donald trump had received loans from deutsche bank through a co signing russan oligarch. fox news reported yesterday . as usual nothing put hollow <deleted> from the left wing media.

wbr

roobaa01

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, usviphotography said:

Asking people a question in a poll is not a measure of caring. As Trump pointed out on the stump, he never yet met a voter on the trail who asked him about his tax returns. It would be fair to say that most of America wasn't even aware that past President's had released tax returns until the media reported it as part of their anti-Trump propaganda push. It just isn't something anybody cares about.  

If you believe there are masses of voters who will be basing their 2020 Presidential votes on Trump's Tax returns rather than Immigration, Wars, or Health Care Costs, then you are certainly free to believe that. But Trump's taxes didn't matter one lick in 2016 and they aren't suddenly going to matter in 2020. 

Lots of assertions here. No hard evidence though.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

The big takeaway from that is he did retract and apologize. And he did it quickly. 

On the other hand there's Sean Hannity.

yeah for lawrence donnell received a letter from trump's lawyers demanding his retraction and apology or facing legal action. hence he was forced to action.

wbr

roobaa01

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, usviphotography said:

Asking people a question in a poll is not a measure of caring. As Trump pointed out on the stump, he never yet met a voter on the trail who asked him about his tax returns. It would be fair to say that most of America wasn't even aware that past President's had released tax returns until the media reported it as part of their anti-Trump propaganda push. It just isn't something anybody cares about.  

If you believe there are masses of voters who will be basing their 2020 Presidential votes on Trump's Tax returns rather than Immigration, Wars, or Health Care Costs, then you are certainly free to believe that. But Trump's taxes didn't matter one lick in 2016 and they aren't suddenly going to matter in 2020. 

Agree with you there, his tax returns are part of his personality. That is one of the issues for the upcoming election, besides immigration, economy, healthcare, weapons, etc. Each voter has to make a decision which is more important to him/her, and base a vote on that.

"It would be fair to say that most of America wasn't even aware that past President's had released tax returns until the media reported it"

That goes for many things, doesn't mean it is not important to them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, usviphotography said:

Let me be more precise than- nobody who is even remotely open to voting for President Trump in 2020 cares about his tax returns. Republicans do not care. Independents do not care. It is only the most hard core haters, people who traffic in bizarre and goofy conspiracy theories about Trump being a secret a Russian Spy, that "care" about his returns. And even they don't really care. It is just an excuse for them to criticize a guy they hate anyway. If he were to release his returns and nothing came of it, they would just move on to the next talking point, same as they did after the Mueller Report was finally released.

It is an easy call for Trump. There is zero upside for Trump in releasing his returns and in fact it would project weakness as it would make him appear to be kowtowing to the demands of his enemies.  

In an alternate reality parts of your post might make sense. In this one there's a president who pushes one of his own properties as a venue for high level international political meetings and who continue to work for the interests of Putin, the de facto dictator of a country that's not a friend of the US.

That's what's happening in the real world, a world where the traitor's tax return should be made public.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

The big takeaway from that is he did retract and apologize. And he did it quickly. 

On the other hand there's Sean Hannity.

Wasn't that because it was single sourced. We will see if it is confirmed by the House committee during their hearings.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Becker said:

In an alternate reality parts of your post might make sense. In this one there's a president who pushes one of his own properties as a venue for high level international political meetings and who continue to work for the interests of Putin, the de facto dictator of a country that's not a friend of the US.

That's what's happening in the real world, a world where the traitor's tax return should be made public.

imo, everything in reality or fiction relating to mr. trump is working for putin remains left wing rubbish , fake news and hoax.

wbr

roobaa01

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

imo, everything in reality or fiction relating to mr. trump is working for putin remains left wing rubbish , fake news and hoax.

wbr

roobaa01

And IMO his constant defense and promotion of Putin has only one explanation - there is a filthy traitor in the WH.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

yeah for lawrence donnell received a letter from trump's lawyers demanding his retraction and apology or facing legal action. hence he was forced to action.

wbr

roobaa01

Time will tell and my money is on Laurence beeing vindicated Donald has lousy credit he has been ripping off investors for years someone co-signed for him it will come out

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Time will tell and my money is on Laurence beeing vindicated Donald has lousy credit he has been ripping off investors for years someone co-signed for him it will come out

If a "normal" bank were involved I'd say that loans would probably not be approved without co-signors (trump has no collateral, other than the damage he does daily). 

Deutsche Bank is far from normal.

Violation Tracker Parent Company Summary
Parent Company Name:  Deutsche Bank
Ownership Structure:  publicly traded (ticker symbol DB)
Headquartered in:  Germany
Major Industry:  financial services
Specific Industry:  banking & securities
Penalty total since 2000:  $12,552,639,548
Number of records:  35

https://violationtracker.goodjobsfirst.org/parent/deutsche-bank

So some executive(s) at DB could have simply approved loans without Vlad's approval.

There does seem to be an odd nexus between Justice Kennedy, his retirement, his son, DB, Justice Kavanaugh (who had all is gambling, housing, credit card debt paid off).

My guess is that someone at DB, or their legal team, leaked to Mr. O'Donnell, as they realize that this will all eventually come out, and it will be damaging to the country, and DB (if that matters), possibly precipitating the entire house of trump cards to come down. Unfortunately, Mr. O'Donnell, whom I greatly respect and admire, failed to meet the requirements of NBC's editorial rules. Kind of a rookie mistake IMHO as you have to be super-careful these days with sourcing.

As we get closer to the election I think it safe to say that insiders (former and current) will continue to turn on trump, revealing all of the criminality, if only to protect their own skins, distance themselves from trump org and ultimately prove to be true patriots.

Eventually all will be revealed. The fact that trump is so desperately trying to firewall everything only proves he has a lot to lose. Pretty sure he didn't really want or expect to become president, possibly foreseeing the scrutiny it would draw?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

There does seem to be an odd nexus between Justice Kennedy, his retirement, his son, DB, Justice Kavanaugh (who had all is gambling, housing, credit card debt paid off).

This is utter nonsense. Justice Kennedy's son left DB in 2010 to go work at a new firm. This would be the most incredible conspiracy ever in history for Trump to collude with the Kennedy's some 5 years prior to his even running for the Presidency. And yes I know this as a fact since I worked at DB and knew Kennedy's son. Another fact, Kennedy's son had no loan approval authority - he was involved in bond trading.

But don't let facts get in the way of your crazy conspiracy theories and keep watching Madow and O'Donnell and the other idiots on TV spout their nonsense. You people are worse than than the Obama-birthers.

On 8/28/2019 at 9:28 AM, Tug said:

This is getting ugly fast they are saying it’s a strong possibility that russan oligarchs co signed loans on account of Donald’s lousy credit can’t have potus beholden to a hostile foreign power kinda easy to blackmail me thinks 

Is that a cloaked reference to the "pee" tapes taken with the prostitutes in a Russian hotel room?      555

Where are those tapes?    In Putin's office safe?

14 minutes ago, phkauf said:

And yes I know this as a fact since I worked at DB and knew Kennedy's son.

Do tell. In English please, my Russian is non-existent.

Don't be shy now.

Calling something "an odd nexus" hardly qualifies as a "crazy conspiracy theory", although you seem to be more up to speed on it than I am. Curious.

Just now, stevenl said:

None of the 'regular' banks would touch Trump and his company anymore, only DB would give him credit. Anyone who thinks logically would realise there is something strange about that.

correct and that's why DB has been under investigation for quite sometime... 2016 investigation for 10 billion "How a scheme to help Russians secretly funnel money offshore unravelled"

or more recently

Deutsche Bank Under Investigation For Money Laundering, Suspicious Activity With Jared Kushner

Deutsche Bank, the bank that consistently lent money to a bankrupt real estate developer Donald Trump when no other bank would, might face criminal charges stemming from its disregard of federal regulations meant to stop money laundering.

In addition to all of the speculation about his tax return, I would bet that his "charitable" deductions he took would be very damning.  Claiming deductions for monies given to right wing radical groups. white supremacy orgs., etc. etc.  Probably a major donor to those anti Obama birthers and other non legal or not legit 501c3 orgs. 

Just now, IraqRon said:

In addition to all of the speculation about his tax return, I would bet that his "charitable" deductions he took would be very damning.  Claiming deductions for monies given to right wing radical groups. white supremacy orgs., etc. etc.  Probably a major donor to those anti Obama birthers and other non legal or not legit 501c3 orgs. 

Well, we already have proof that he donated to himself via his 'charitable organisation'.

The rest of your post, maybe, maybe not, all speculation. Don't forget that for quite some time Trump called himself a democrat in stead of Republican, he only went there because this would get him where he wanted to be. So I would not be surprised at donations all over the place, although to be honest, I think he is too frugal to donate much of anything.

2 minutes ago, IraqRon said:

Actually, the problem would be the reverse. He claimed to have made a lot of donations, but his tax returns would show that he was lying. For instance his claim of donating to 9/11 fund.

Despite 2001 Promise, Donald Trump Made No 9/11 Donations in Year After Attack, Audit Finds

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/nyc-audit-finds-donald-trump-donations-911-months/story?id=42801444

35 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Well, we already have proof that he donated to himself via his 'charitable organisation'.

I think he actually bought a portrait of himself, at a charity auction, but used funds from his own charitable foundation to pay for it. Smartest guy ever!

I wouldn't be surprised if he is a net negative charity donation kind of guy. "I steal from all the best charities" or "No one knows charity scamming like me."

His base would remain nonplussed. There is literally nothing he could do, or be shown to have done, which would shake their cult-like devotion. And the more he is perceived to be attacked the more they will remain steadfast. I bet he could wear a tan suit, and Fox would compliment him on his attire.

Nixon enjoyed overwhelming support nearly, from the SIlent Majority right up until the long, last walk to Marine 1.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 11:56 AM, roobaa01 said:

wbr

roobaa01

Why just threaten legal action? Because if the lawyers actually went ahead with legal action then all sorts of documentation would be exposed. The loan documentation would have to be provided to show if in fact that there were co-signers (or not). Nah, those lawyers would never go through with it. Too much at stake. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Deutsche Bank is far from normal.

Penalty total since 2000:  $12,552,639,548
Number of records:  35

Far from normal - Forbes, April 2019:  "The above fines will hardly be the last. Presently, Deutsche Bank has at least four concurrent investigations which all of us should watch carefully: possible Trump bank fraud with multiple loan requests, potential money laundering with Danske Bank, helping clients avoid taxes in offshore accounts which has come to light due to the Panama Papers, and a share-trading scheme that is the subject of Germany’s biggest post-war fraud investigation.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mayrarodriguezvalladares/2019/04/07/deutsche-bank-needs-serious-laundering/#32e46b6742d4