Farangs and their future standing in LOS

swissie

2 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I understand how you think. But I disagree that.

the point of my comment was to show how I as a farang living in Thailand contribute to the direct betterment of the Thai people. 

I as not really addressing the TM30 issue. 

How is the rain? where do you live? 

55 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

She's got a point tho'.

After all we are/were all volunteers not conscripts/draftees.

Yesterday he argue for free speech.

Now he say I can not speak to him. 5555555555555

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

the point of my comment was to show how I as a farang living in Thailand contribute to the direct betterment of the Thai people. 

I as not really addressing the TM30 issue. 

How is the rain? where do you live? 

Ranong.

Have most rain in Thailand. Last five days, so much.

But today I Phangnga. But same. Heavy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

...Maybe our law not perfect, but only simple form. Just name and adress. 

not so simple as this; problem ( for me ) is not the tm30 itself, but the fact that we have to visit immigration for this ; much time and money ( transportation )  lost; solution is to do it online 

2 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

“Some of the rules may not be modern, but we are trying to be modern now. We will not always be million-year-old turtles,” Patipat said. “But in terms of the law, we have no power to change it. It’s not under our authority … if you want change, you have to change the law.”

Funny though how they went from ignoring  it to doing it within a  few  days though, I  suppose ignoring it  all again would be too  much of  strain on their brain cells.

3 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

We? You don't do anything, 

Is that a quote from Hitler? ???? 

What a load of brainwashed rubbish.

"We will sacrifice every drop of our blood for our nation.
We are ready to die for freedom, security, and prosperity!" 

I wouldn't personally get  my own children killed. Up to you, tho. 

Die for freedom, how free are you? 

You can't even criticize the elites here. 

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

post of the YEAR!

59 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Beautiful place, hope the rain eases off so you can enjoy your trip there.

Back to the TM30, I sort of understand why Thailand wants to do it (Somebody arriving could put any address on their TM6, the landlord confirming this will help Thailand know where people are actually staying) but you can understand why it makes life difficult for genuine people, especially those who travel a lot (in-country or abroad).

I work in Singapore, spend 10 days there then Thurs-Mon in Bangkok... I arrive at 8PM on the Thursday and need to leave my Condo (yearly lease) at 3PM on the Monday, if I have to complete a TM30 then that's the whole of my Friday taken up with a visit to CW to confirm that I'm staying at the Condo which I've registered I'm living at previously & the address that I've put down on my TM6.

You can see how these rules "hurt" genuine tourists (Yes I have a Condo lease, but it's a holiday home to me so I do view myself as a Tourist when in Thailand, the Company I work for will not let me work anywhere without the appropriate Visa) 

I've already been impacted by the clamp down on too many Visa Exempt entries (come & go 20 times a year so had to get a Non-O (> 50) visa to avoid problems at immigration) so I hope you can also understand that it's not just the TM30, it's an accumulation of things that is making it very hard for "Good Guys" to choose Thailand as their home (or Holiday Home)

Edit to add: I'm waiting for docs from my landlord to enable me to register for the online system if I can successfully do this then I have no problems at all in doing a TM30 every visit, if I can't then I'll pay an agent 2,00 THB when I have to (E.g. Last time due to my yearly extension being due) & risk the fine the rest of the time. 

Apologies for quoting my own post but I was too late to edit the typo...

Agents charges 2,000 THB (Including the "Fine", which pi55ed me off as I was well within the 24 hours but had to pay the same) to file a TM30, PM if you're in BKK & want to know the details of the agent (Suk Soi 24).

5 hours ago, Yinn said:

This the English of the song thai people sing 8am and 6 pm.

Thailand unites the flesh and blood of Thais.
The land of Thailand belongs to the Thais.
Long has been our independence, wish sovereignty allowed to maintain it,
Because Thais have been united forever.
The Thais are peaceful and loving, but are not cowards in war.
Our sovereignty will never be threatened,
We will sacrifice every drop of our blood for our nation.
We are ready to die for freedom, security, and prosperity!

We happy and friendly and welcome to foreigner, but if you want to change/fight us, you will lose, sure. 

Our country, our rules. If you not want to fill out a Tm 30, then you must leave. Up to you.

It appears you have not noticed, the Chinese own and run Thailand. So much for your national pride.

As for your remarks on us foreigners; how long will it be before the Thai government come begging Daddy Farang to save their failed economy when it collapses again as it did in '97 when we bailed you out with a 17 B $ loan?

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, villagefarang said:

I have found keeping my head down and maneuvering on my own has worked well over the last 40+ years so I am not about to change.  Sorry for not being a team player but I am not terribly fond of the team.????

Right on target.  Thank you, @villagefarang for explaining as you did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

If you want to make trouble in Thailand you will lose.

I think so.

Words of wisdom? I hope that one day people will wake up and understand that not all are the same. 

I've had a problem with one guy and five of his friends kicked my ars_e so badly that my own wife didn't recognise me anymore. ( No bar girl wife, btw)

You tell me already. They say bad about your mum who die. I remember.

That's not fair, don't you think?

No, not fair. Terrible.

And I hadn't started an argument. 

Why do your fellow countrymen never fight alone?

They do sometime.

But will always help there friend. 

Is not only thai like that. I see euro football gang. Farang biker gang. Same.

Could you please explain that to me? Thanks a lot. 

I don’t agree fighting. 

I am a woman. 

Man like fighting. (Some woman also, but more it the man. Farang and thai)

55 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

It appears you have not noticed, the Chinese own and run Thailand. So much for your national pride.

As for your remarks on us foreigners; how long will it be before the Thai government come begging Daddy Farang to save their failed economy when it collapses again as it did in '97 when we bailed you out with a 17 B $ loan?

Chinese? From China?

Or Chinese Thai? 

What remarks? 

Thankyou Daddy.

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Hello Yinn, how are you today?

In my case, I spend the same amount in the local Thai economy as four or five average Thais. 

about 75,000 to 90,000 baht a month directly to the Thai people. and in my case I am bringing in foreign currency to Thailand, US dollars.

I have dramatically improved the lived of many people here. 

100% goes to Thai people. I don't expect anything from Thailand in return. 

She won’t understand what that means unless you put the money directly in HER account!!

20 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Correct. Just like the Japanese from Japan in WW2. There is no nationalism in Thailand. Baht moves everything, corruption rampant, and influence is openly purchased. 

If you loved your country so much you’d spill your blood cleaning your own house, but y’all never do. Too hard. Odds too unfavorable. 

My house clean. No blood.

Anyway who cares. Thailand is for Thais. Let them have it. 

You just say it for China?

Just offends me that if you come to my country, you’d be respected and treated more fairly and with laws applied regardless of social standing or country of origin, yet you don’t feel the same towards others. 

Hmmmm.

I look your other comments.

”I rarely post about Thailand unless its my direct and factual experience, and never post about anyones politics other than my own and my country. 

And id certainly never attack someones politics that have nothing to do with my own or my country. 

Yet this forum is FULL of know-it-alls and trolls who make it their past-time.” 

And 

You guys are always so outspoken of what America should and should not do like your opinion matters one iota, yet always feel so compelled to voice your opinions no matter how off-putting it is while at the same time getting visibly flustered when the same nonsense is given back in kind. 

Your country kill woman and kids with bombs on their house in Laos, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, Cambodia etc

You have mass shooting everyday, kill yourself.

And now you complain about Thailand?

You think maybe you “offend” this people when you kill them for no reason?

Say hello to Donald.

Maybe you should look at my music thred. Help you relax a bit.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

She's got a point tho'.

After all we are/were all volunteers not conscripts/draftees.

No, you agree to get in a marriage also, but if your spouse becomes an abusive dictator, then what ...you say well, I agreed to marry you so whatever??

This is abusive, plain and simple, and Yinn is being abusive and antagonizing with her messages regarding this issue, on purpose, and some of you are cutting her slack as if she is too stupid to know better, just like you do your Thai wives when getting scammed.  I don’t mean you Ody ....just happen to be writing here.

16 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

We let you live here ?  We have the right to live here.  Living together when married is a human right according to the United Nations. An agreement that was also signed by Thailand.

Not farang live here have the Thai wife. We let them also.

That simple document is something Thai people should be ashamed of.  Other countries should impose the same rules on Thai people. 

>> The Thais are peaceful and loving, but are not cowards in war.

Sometimes when people ask me about Thai culture and Thai people the first thing I say:  With their mentality they will never win a war ????

Never lose.

>> We are ready to die for freedom, security, and prosperity!

Most Thai people I know are even afraid to express their opinion about politics, afraid that something can happen to them. That is not freedom.

Wrong. I think they not want to talk to you about that, if you think that.

i like Thanatorn. Future Forward.

Read thai forum, millions the people talk about opinion.

1 hour ago, Thainesss said:

Is this how tough you were when the Japanese threatened to invade your country during world war 2? 

They help us beat France. Get the land back they steal.

After that, we kick them out. 

Nope, you guys went belly up like a scared dog and allowed the Japanese to operate a death railway in your own country killing thousands of western prisoners of war

Why not you guys come to help them? 

Along With with declaring war on the USA and Britain so the Japanese didn’t completely take over your entire country. 

Britain did bomb us.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Yinn said:

My house clean. No blood.

You just say it for China?

Hmmmm.

I look your other comments.

”I rarely post about Thailand unless its my direct and factual experience, and never post about anyones politics other than my own and my country. 

And id certainly never attack someones politics that have nothing to do with my own or my country. 

Yet this forum is FULL of know-it-alls and trolls who make it their past-time.” 

And 

You guys are always so outspoken of what America should and should not do like your opinion matters one iota, yet always feel so compelled to voice your opinions no matter how off-putting it is while at the same time getting visibly flustered when the same nonsense is given back in kind. 

Your country kill woman and kids with bombs on their house in Laos, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, Cambodia etc

You have mass shooting everyday, kill yourself.

And now you complain about Thailand?

You think maybe you “offend” this people when you kill them for no reason?

Say hello to Donald.

Maybe you should look at my music thred. Help you relax a bit.

Stalker alert. 

Did you know that more people die in Thailand per capita from gun violence than the USA? And we are actually ALLOWED to defend ourselves. 

Anywho, enjoy you’re day. I hope wherever your travels bring you you’re treated in the same way you wish on others.  

PS: at least I can talk chit about my politics and not be arrested. Enjoy your nationalism & freedom. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Yinn said:

After that, we kick them out. 

Haha yeah, that’s what happened. Definitely wasn’t the surrendering they did after getting stomped all over the pacific by actual nationalists who were ACTUALLY unafraid to spill their blood for what they believe in. 

10 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Why not you guys come to help them?

You mean the Thais and Burmese Indo-Chinese that you guys killed that you edited out of my post? Or were you only addressing the westerners? 

If it’s the latter it’s because it was widely known you were a weak puppet of Japan and we were already engaged directly with the Japanese. Quickest way for release was defeat of Japan. 

And dont forget we were were fighting to keep millions of human beings out of gas chambers and ovens in Europe at the same time. 

15 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Britain did bomb us.

Because you rolled over and allowed the Japanese to waltz right into your country and invade most of south east Asia while killing their POW’s, along with Oz, Americans, and any other POWs. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

And dont forget we were were fighting to keep millions of human beings out of gas chambers and ovens in Europe at the same time. 

Hmmmm. Was the Thai people do the gas chamber? Or was that the farang do that? 

And the farang kill the Native American also right? 

Please think.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1