All the rain season in 3 days!

Brunolem

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

Bangkok... talk about living in the wrong place... the hottest, and one of the most polluted cities in the world! 

I was talking about the rain.. your right about the pollution. I live a bit north of BKK but still have polution of course.

4 hours ago, userabcd said:

Bangkok, unpleasantly hot for a long time now and almost no rain this rainy season.

What are you talking about? It has rained more this year in BKK than in years. Hardly any sun the last two weeks and some rain most days.  Been raining now since 5am, could not get out and jog. 

39 minutes ago, marin said:

What are you talking about? It has rained more this year in BKK than in years. Hardly any sun the last two weeks and some rain most days.  Been raining now since 5am, could not get out and jog. 

I think you have a faulty memory - e.g th floods of a few years back......

11 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

I think you have a faulty memory - e.g th floods of a few years back......

Those floods of 2011 had nothing to do with Bangkok rain - it was a present from the North country.  This year, hopefully, that northern rain will help fill the storage reservoirs, farms and soak into the land rather than flood the country.

• Like 2

Same here near Mahasarakham, heavy rain over 2 days. Two ponds the lowest they have been in 5 years and now nearly full (which normally takes a whole wet season).

On the negative side, one collapsed concrete wall over a length of 50 metres where the bloke next door filled his lot more than a metre higher than our property; and one large sinkhole (5 metres across) about 2 metres outside our wall and threatening to collapse the wall. The dirty water and rubbish on this guys property is now flowing underground via the sink hole into our house dam. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Bangkok... talk about living in the wrong place... the hottest, and one of the most polluted cities in the world! 

Yes, I read once that on a year-round basis Bangkok is actually the hottest city in the world. The Middle East can hit 45-50 for a period but winters are much cooler, whereas winter in Thailand usually means lower humidity rather than much lower temperatures. Except in the mountains of course, which Bangkok lacks. Maybe Bangkok is also the flattest city in the world too ????