Pattaya: Crackdown on road racing motorcyclists - and the shops that supply them

webfact

Pattaya: Crackdown on road racing motorcyclists - and the shops that supply them

7pm.jpg
Thai caption: Crackdown on road racers

Police in the Nong Prue jurisdiction of Pattaya visited two motorcycle shops where they found illegally modified vehicles. 

The bikes were souped-up for road racing with modified engines and noisy exhausts. They didn't have any plates.

Four bikes were seized at the Nop Service and Chang Peun Ch. Charoen Yon shops. 

A search at schools in the area resulted in the seizure of 12 more. 

These belonged to previously arrested road racers who had promised to return their bikes to factory specs - but had reneged on their promises. 

7pm1.jpg
Picture: 77kaoded

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-30
  • Like 2

But the kids love it.....Honda step throughs that do 200kph+..in flip flops.....with a gik to the winner.

Who knows how much the cops make out of this...they used to close down sections of the freeways in times past..no doubt for a fee.

14 hours ago, Humpy said:

Simply tell the Headmen to warn the village folk via their morning Tannoy message that the police will crush all illegally modified m/c's . Owners have one month to comply .  

what a brilliant idea, shame nobody thought of it a couple of years ago that way problem would have been solved by now.

21 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Did they really believe that they would..?? They should have been told to report back to the police station with their bikes to factory specs within a week or the bike would be crushed plus any repeat offenders bikes to be crushed instantly.

quite right what you say here....but NO brown envelopes are their priority....need to buy Thai food... they do !!

17 hours ago, Humpy said:

Simply tell the Headmen to warn the village folk via their morning Tannoy message that the police will crush all illegally modified m/c's . Owners have one month to comply .  

Is it illegal to sell un-plated modified bikes for the purpose of off road use?

The offence would be to to use them on public roads.

• Like 1

There is no need to have gone to all that time and trouble to try to catch the bikers. They are all assembled just waiting to be arrested on the private car park of the Indoor Stadium at Chayapruk 2

Every night all manner of bikers without mufflers attend, race up and down and perform stunts , they race up and down endangering other users at the park walking dogs and each other.

apparently there were two fatal accidents there last year

City Hall usually block the car park area when there are are no events on and it

avoids this dangerous nuisance occurring. They have to be prompted to do it though . 

this week alone i have called 1337 6 times, i have confronted the bikers alone fac to face on one occasion and all i got was abuse and threats from them, but despite their big words about what acts of violence they were going to commit to me, x7 muscular teenagers did nothing to a lone 61 year old man. I have reported the incident to the police at Hua Yai police,Nongprue police, to officials at city Hall for the Mayor and on Monday i will be going to District office at Banglamumng at the advice of the police at Nongprue. They admit, the gangs are out of control at the indoor stadium park and they need more officers and media

attention to get results. These gangs are making my life and many others in the area miserable. I did not retire here for this and i am not scared to do something about it

IMG_9413.JPG

IMG_9588.JPG

IMG_9533.JPG

IMG_9540.JPG

series 3.JPG

IMG_9636.JPG

IMG_9856.JPG

THursday 14 th March (9).JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

These sort of problems mostly come down to poor/selective police enforcement in general and equally poor parenting ... usually because of absent fathers and the mothers have to work their butts off with grand parents supervising and allowing kids to do as they wilt. Not much chance of change whilst that is the norm. 

• Like 2

On 8/30/2019 at 6:08 AM, mok199 said:

Saddly the police cannot control this nation, it has been running wild far too long, most thais now feel entitled to break the law .....when will individual thais realize,only they can make this country better. its time to grow up and respect the environment and this nations laws....

The military goverment hardly set a good example. Start with the elite.

On 8/30/2019 at 9:32 AM, Deli said:

let the kids race, I did it as well. It's called freedom.

I hope you have not any kids. 
Yes motorbike racing is fine if you do it on specially designed circuits, not on open public roads!  That's called madness. 

• Like 1