Multiculturalism and Diversity in the West

sunnyboy2018

1 hour ago, Thomas J said:

This has been a line of B.S. sold by liberals to promote their multi-cultural and diversity agenda.  There is no study that has shown that societies that a multi-cultural are more successful than those that are not.

You mean you don't know about such a study and this is why it does not exist and this is why you are right, correct?

Great correlation!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

64657479_422109615042081_143282983177938

OneMoreFarang Perhaps it would be good if you checked some facts before spreading what amounts to deliberate misrepresentation.  The "cages" were built under the Obama administration, Not Trump.  Go ahead and google Jeh Johnson.  He has gone on record with sworn testimony both before Congress and on TV.  THE CAGES WERE OBAMA'S IDEA and He when he was in charge of Immigration under Obama was the person who personally had those built.  You may hate Trump but at least be accurate.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not THEIR OWN FACTS. 

Jeh Johnson.JPG

Cages.JPG

Just now, Thomas J said:

OneMoreFarang Perhaps it would be good if you checked some facts before spreading what amounts to deliberate misrepresentation.  The "cages" were built under the Obama administration, Not Trump.  Go ahead and google Jeh Johnson.  He has gone on record with sworn testimony both before Congress and on TV.  THE CAGES WERE OBAMA'S IDEA and He when he was in charge of Immigration under Obama was the person who personally had those built.  You may hate Trump but at least be accurate.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not THEIR OWN FACTS. 

Jeh Johnson.JPG

Cages.JPG

Where did I write that Trump build those cages or ordered them to be built? Nowhere!

And I also didn't write anywhere that Obama did everything right and Trump does everything wrong. And I didn't write that because it's not true.

But I am pretty sure if the cages would have been made public under Obama like they have been made public under Trump that Obama would have done something to make the situation better for the children. Because anybody with at least a little humanity inside would do that...

32 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But I am pretty sure if the cages would have been made public under Obama like they have been made public under Trump that Obama would have done something to make the situation better for the children

Onemorefarang Perhaps you can read,  This is the Washington Examiner and a video of Jeh Johnson who built the cages.  Here is another piece of advise perhaps you will understand.  If you don't want a speeding ticket, don't speed.  If you don't want to get arrested for drug possession don't have drugs on you.  If you dont want to get arrested and face the potential of being house by the Department of Homeland Security Don't break into the USA. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/obamas-dhs-secretary-migrant-cages-werent-invented-on-jan-20-2017

55 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

mean you don't know about such a study

Typical liberal.  Prove me wrong.  I said I don't know of any studies.  Your reply gives the impression that one exists.  Show me!!!.  Please list those studies of how China, Japan, and India grew their economies on the back of their liberal embrace of multiculturalism and diversity.  The USA is multicultural and diverse but if anything, those factors inhibit the USA not enhance it.  Our racial, ethnic, religious, and political diversities are what drive people in the USA to each others throats.  I challenge you, name one, just one study in history where it is shown multi-multiculturalism  and diversity lifted it up from poverty to become a world power. 

PS Here is more on who built the cages. Mr. "Pretty Sure" you know it all

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama-build-cages-immigrants/

https://www.mrctv.org/index.php/blog/obamas-former-ice-chief-dont-blame-trump-cages-obama-built?gclid=Cj0KCQjw2K3rBRDiARIsAOFSW_5gJyv3bozZR1KezBDB94Gwr5FBzllaGiMdFlmWxZ-fFNvjxn5T844aAvjDEALw_wcB

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-dems-use-obama-era-photo-to-promote-hearing-on-kids-in-cages

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The more multiculturalism the better! Still waiting for the first Ethiopian restaurant in Pattaya. 

African food is awful and Ethiopian portions are tiny! Anyway foreign restaurants dont equal multiculturalism. Such a phenomenon is cosmopolitan. State orchestrated multiculturalism is when in boroughs of London leaflets explaining how to get welfare are printed in dozens of languages and in Birmingham where  religious groups campaign against sex education and gay rights.

11 minutes ago, Thomas J said:
59 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Typical liberal.  Prove me wrong.  I said I don't know of any studies. 

No! This is what you wrote in your original post. You can look it up on page 1.

2 hours ago, Thomas J said:

This has been a line of B.S. sold by liberals to promote their multi-cultural and diversity agenda.  There is no study that has shown that societies that a multi-cultural are more successful than those that are not. 

YOU don't even remember what you wrote a few hours ago. And then you accuse others.

Where did you lean that behavior? From Trump? Or were you always like that and now finally you have a hero in the White House who is just like you. MAGA, yeah, sure.

35 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:
  1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Onemorefarang perhaps you can't read.  I said I DON'T KNOW OF ONE STUDY that demonstrates the causation between multiculturalism/diversity and how it positively influenced society.   You obviously feel differently that there are studies showing that multiculturalism is the driving force leaping mankind to new heights.  Stop the BS and show me that study.  I would be particularly interested in the statistics on China, India, and Japan.  From just my "empirical" observation those three are 3 of the top 5 countries in the world and I will be interested in how they seem to have lifted themselves up with what appears to be minimal embracement  of the liberal clap trap. 

There appears to be several pieces that run counter to your "surely know" bias.

https://archive.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/articles/2007/08/05/the_downside_of_diversity/
http://www.dominionpaper.ca/features/2004/11/06/multicultu.html

http://aom.org/News/Press-Releases/Diversity-downside--conflict-between-co-workers-of-different-cultures-plays-havoc-with-creativity-of--those-around-them,-new-research-finds.aspx

When there are not to many of any race living in a town or country ,there are few problems as they pretty much integrate and live amongst the "natives" as we do here in Thailand ,my Neighbours are 98% Thai,my wife is Thai etc etc ,

the problems arise when hordes of people of one race or religion descend on a town or country ,and all live together ,not mixing and wanting their own courts ,way of dressing ,etc etc ,you see it in town after town in the UK . then trouble starts ,

Liberals and some on here will disagree and claim that its good ,but we know its not .

I lived in a town in the UK which years ago was just an ordinary nice factory town ,now ,parts look like another world and half the time you dont hear English spoken ,that is if you can hear anything over the wailing from the Mosques.

50 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

Onemorefarang perhaps you can't read.  I said I DON'T KNOW OF ONE STUDY that demonstrates ...

It's bad enough that you don't remember what you wrote 3 hours ago.

It's even worse that you are not able to compare a few words which you can see on the same page.

I make it easy for you. I put some red around them.

You are the one who puts unproven statements in this forum and you are the one who then claims he didn't do that.

It does not make sense to argue with you if you don't even remember what you wrote and if don't understand the difference between.

"There is no study" <> "I DON'T KNOW OF ONE STUDY"

NotSame.png.abab06ffddad8298dd7e0b194d01560d.png

43 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

When there are not to many of any race living in a town or country ,there are few problems as they pretty much integrate and live amongst the "natives" as we do here in Thailand ,my Neighbours are 98% Thai,my wife is Thai etc etc ,

the problems arise when hordes of people of one race or religion descend on a town or country ,and all live together ,not mixing and wanting their own courts ,way of dressing ,etc etc ,you see it in town after town in the UK . then trouble starts ,

Liberals and some on here will disagree and claim that its good ,but we know its not .

I lived in a town in the UK which years ago was just an ordinary nice factory town ,now ,parts look like another world and half the time you dont hear English spoken ,that is if you can hear anything over the wailing from the Mosques.

Just out of interest: What do you think about towns like Pattaya? 

2 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Typical liberal.  Prove me wrong.  I said I don't know of any studies.  Your reply gives the impression that one exists.  Show me!!!

America built by blacks ...Owned by the Chinese..
And ruled by Jews ...The whole study in a few words ????

Chinese only in the 20th century (people of the same /similar race, culture)
killed 60 million of their own ???. or 80 million ??

Multiculturalism or monoculturalism doesn't determine anything...
Both can be a failure or a success .

I love it. In oz the vietnamese all congregated in one community. So did the chinese. Lively vibrant communities.

Now in malaysia and love it. Malay muslims, indian hindus, chinese christians etc. love the mix, the culture, the food.

but i dont mix with my own western people tho. They tend to think integration is for others to do but not themselves.

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Just out of interest: What do you think about towns like Pattaya? 

Its a holiday town ,with holiday town problems , for most of us that live here ,we are married with family and integrated ,just because we may not have lots of Thai friends means little as we are married to Thais ,as for the ones who are just here for the booze and pussey ,well i an sure the Thai people look at them the same way the locals look at them back in their old home towns .

nothing to do much with multiculturalism ,we are one town ,we are not talking about the whole country ,when i go to my wifes home town ,i am the "only falang in the village" and a curiosity ,or i used to be years ago .

African food is awful and Ethiopian portions are tiny! Anyway foreign restaurants dont equal multiculturalism. Such a phenomenon is cosmopolitan. State orchestrated multiculturalism is when in boroughs of London leaflets explaining how to get welfare are printed in dozens of languages and in Birmingham where  religious groups campaign against sex education and gay rights.
You're trying to tell me about Ethiopian food?
That's a laugh.
Anyway you do your multiculturalism and I'll do mine.
Food culture is definitely a part of it.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's bad enough that you don't remember what you wrote 3 hours ago.

It's even worse that you are not able to compare a few words which you can see on the same page.

I make it easy for you. I put some red around them.

You are the one who puts unproven statements in this forum and you are the one who then claims he didn't do that.

It does not make sense to argue with you if you don't even remember what you wrote and if don't understand the difference between.

"There is no study" <> "I DON'T KNOW OF ONE STUDY"

NotSame.png.abab06ffddad8298dd7e0b194d01560d.png

I dont think there has been any study that shows multiculturalism benfits the indigenous hosts.

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're trying to tell me about Ethiopian food?
That's a laugh.
Anyway you do your multiculturalism and I'll do mine.
Food culture is definitely a part of it.

I repeat African  food is awful. You can take Ethiopian injeera and throw it away. Why shouldnt I tell you about Ethiopian food.? I worked several years with Ethiopians and Eritreans. Banged a few too. Are you the same expert that did not know brisket had come back in fashion and as well being made into juicy burgers in Soi Buakao was on the menu at Harlan's place?  Oh. BTW The reference to small portions was a cruel joke we used to make about our local Ethiopian restaurant (The Zion) referencing the 1980s Ethiopian famine. I know you have a high opinion of yourself and such confidence is admirable but possibly not really merited IMHO.

13 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

IMG_2660.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I safely assume you question the benefits of multiculturalism in some cases? You have a point. When worked in Libya in North Africa and locals were all droning on about 'occupied Palestine' I used to ask very innocently 'When will the Arabs leave North Africa? HaHa Drove them nuts! The original inhabitants of Libya were Berbers and animists not arab religious zealots.

I repeat African  food is awful. You can take Ethiopian injeera and throw it away. Why shouldnt I tell you about Ethiopian food.? I worked several years with Ethiopians and Eritreans. Banged a few too. Are you the same expert that did not know brisket had come back in fashion and as well being made into juicy burgers in Soi Buakao was on the menu at Harlan's place?  Oh. BTW The reference to small portions was a cruel joke we used to make about our local Ethiopian restaurant (The Zion) referencing the 1980s Ethiopian famine. I know you have a high opinion of yourself and such confidence is admirable but possibly not really merited IMHO.
What a truly sick post. Goodbye.

Been said; only good if peoples are interested in mingling and pulling in the general direction of host populace. What we see in the UK - and other net contributors on the EU - is a massive influx of peoples that seem to only be interested in their way of life, not integrating and/or sending monies to their real home. Those that do mix are dwarfed by those that have no interest.

The EU's open door policy is only really viable when it is a two-way street between similar nation status'... when poor countries enter the mix, it is self-absorbed one-way traffic resulting in little harmony and dilution of host culture. This is especially noticeable when one has spent time away. Ergo, Brexit would not be a thing had the EU not expanded.

Tl;DR: beneficial in small numbers when immigrants respect the host and way of life, not beneficial when large numbers have no intention of integrating.

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

In London you hardly hear English spoken in the high streets and you no longer hear a cockney accent at all unless you're in one of the rapidly disappearing pubs. 

That's without any wailing from any mosques and it's not multiculturalism. The housing policies of the local councils are based on ethnic cleansing. And it certainly isn't diversity.

Different peoples cannot be forced to live together especially not in harmony. It doesn't work anywhere. It's what started the Brexit campaign and serious armed conflicts all over the globe.

Archived