Multiculturalism and Diversity in the West

sunnyboy2018

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If everybody was integrated then maybe, BUT having cities full of unintegrating ethnics, foreigners and muslims has destroyed the UK I loved. I'd like to think that all us farangs would mix with anyone of any race or sexuality or religion - but it does not work the same way for some races and religions. So multiculturalism only works when people are willing to integrate - which is not happening and we are called racists when we point it out ! 

When I was young, we were all pretty multicultural and diverse in the USA but didn't make a big thing about it for political purposes, ie, seeking to impose a Marxist-fascist order. 

4 minutes ago, vinniekintana said:

I think this has been removed already.

You haven't been paying attention in the last few decades.

The West is swimming in happiness, I tell you.????‍♂️

It's alive and unfortunately well all over the world and that IS the real issue.

Was there a sly crossover from racial equality to cultural equality? When did multiculturalism become a buzz word? Is multiculturalism a one way street that is fundamentally anti western or even anti white? Afghanistan and Thailand are clearly not multicultural but is this to their benefit or detriment? I welcome people's considered opinions.

Obviously there is an ideal of diversity which would be wonderful and then there is the reality of diversity in which people struggle with charity, offence, pride, selfishness and intolerance. Obviously unity is a stronger force than diversity, but also it can be stifling and boring. 

There has to be unity of something in order to have harmony. Today people are divided in vision and in perception. A base foundation of moral absolutes is necessary for cultures to find common ground. It is why the western world, for a time had such amazing success from the dark ages to the 20th century. Unfortunately moral relativity is doing away with the foundational truths and now the west is in cultural anarchy and the empire is on its last legs.

Diversity of truth is chaos. Diversity of people sharing a moral basis is powerful

18 hours ago, aqua4 said:

Ask the Thai people what they think about you being here. 

We dont vote here. We dont hold positions in government.  We dont get free education. We dont get free health care. We are not taught Thai for free. Ask the Thais living freely around the western world what they think might be an idea.

Ask the Thai people what they think about you being here. 

In the 25 years i have visited ,worked and lived here ,never had a problem most of us marry Thai women so we therefore integrate, my wife prays to Bhudda every night ,i read a book ,if you marry a Muslim you have to become one and do as they do . Its the most unitigrated religion in the world ,go to my old home town in the Uk and see for yourself if you dont believe me.
Thai people on the whole could not care less ,we have not infiltrated every part of their land and demanded our way of life.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 8/31/2019 at 4:18 AM, sunnyboy2018 said:

Who believes that multiculturalism and diversity are beneficial?

I think it's beneficial.

I work since 20 years in Thailand and I charge more than the locals. Why can I do that? Because it seems what I do is beneficial for the locals. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to do it.

Do I think it's the same back "home"? It depends. Some foreigners are welcome and others not so much - just like here.

For everybody who lives as a foreigner in Thailand and who thinks multiculturalism is not good I recommend that he packs and goes home. That would only be fair, or not?

On 8/31/2019 at 4:48 AM, RichardColeman said:

If everybody was integrated then maybe, BUT having cities full of unintegrating ethnics, foreigners and muslims has destroyed the UK I loved. I'd like to think that all us farangs would mix with anyone of any race or sexuality or religion - but it does not work the same way for some races and religions. So multiculturalism only works when people are willing to integrate - which is not happening and we are called racists when we point it out ! 

Do you speak, read and write Thai like the locals?

Do you have more Thai friends than foreign friends?

Are you as integrated in Thailand and Thai culture like you think others should be back home?

Maybe you are.

But in my experience most foreigners here are a lot less integrated than they expect from foreigners back home.

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

Muslim [...] Its the most unitigrated religion in the world

I work is some offices together with Muslims - no problem.

I see now more and more Muslim girls in 7/11 shops - no problem.

They are just as friendly and competent than other people.

Do I like Islam? Not really. Do I like Christianity? Sure not!

But many "religious" people are only a little religious. Let then wear what they want. Let them pray to who they want. As long as they don't push me to do what they do I don't see the problem.

27 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But many "religious" people are only a little religious. Let then wear what they want. Let them pray to who they want. As long as they don't push me to do what they do I don't see the problem.

Many also those in charge of  their countries  PUSH their religion, religion should be a private  matter only separate from running a  country, it  should  play no part at all in that.

29 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

They are just as friendly and competent than other people.

Hey  guess what, they are exactly the same  as you, but an ideology that teaches fantasy as fact is always going to end in tears and  wars and that goes for all religions.

43 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Are you as integrated in Thailand and Thai culture like you think others should be back home?

By integrated you mean doing things the same way as Thais, such as  pulling out of side roads  without  looking, not wearing helmets, thinking mai pen rai for many things, wearing a lucky charm thinking it  will save you.......PLEASE NO, Ill think for myself and  not integrate in that way.

The Dutch politician who once said that Multiculturalism doesn't work, was assassinated soon after. 

He wanted to stop Muslim coming to Holland and i can understand why. 

And I don't think that people who believe that we are pigs because we eat pork are our friends.

IMO, they should live in a country where they don't have to see pigs on daily basis.

That's also what they pray in mosques. You can't have a tiger live with a lamb, can you? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pim_Fortuyn

On 8/31/2019 at 4:18 AM, sunnyboy2018 said:

Who believes that multiculturalism and diversity are beneficial?

This has been a line of B.S. sold by liberals to promote their multi-cultural and diversity agenda.  There is no study that has shown that societies that a multi-cultural are more successful than those that are not.  Consider, the worlds 5 largest economies are the USA, China, Japan, Germany and India.  Only the USA and to a lesser extent Germany could be called multi-cultural.  Don't confuse correlation with causation.  Just because the USA is very multi-cultural and has the worlds largest economy does not mean that multiculturalism and diversity is the cause of it.  I might even contend that the USA does has the worlds largest economy not because of multiculturalism and diversity but in spite of it.  Most of the civil unrest and political upheaval in the USA are spawned from "differences" not similarities. 

Casusation 3.png

Cauation 2.png

Causation.jpg

1 hour ago, gunderhill said:

By integrated you mean doing things the same way as Thais, such as  pulling out of side roads  without  looking, not wearing helmets, thinking mai pen rai for many things, wearing a lucky charm thinking it  will save you.......PLEASE NO, Ill think for myself and  not integrate in that way.

You could have answered that you speak, read and write Thai, that you have Thai friends, etc.

But you didn't do that. Now let me guess why you answered the way you did...

Archived